ROM Hack Discussion Fire Emblem: Three Houses General Hacking

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ultimos54
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,725,242
  • Replies Replies 3,838
  • Likes Likes 35
Last edited by DestinyFeather,
I have just started using 010 editor. The reason for this is that for romhacking there are a huge number of binary templates made by romhackers such as DeathChaos https://github.com/three-houses-research-team/010-binary-templates that basically highlight and annotate what areas you need to edit inside a .bin file to achieve certain things.
So I've figured out how to use those templates using 010, and edited some .bin files. How do I turn them into romFS mods?
 
Last edited by AkiraKurusu,
  • Like
Reactions: Khalyus
  • Like
Reactions: Khalyus
@Gamerjin could u possible make a x6 variant of these cheats?

[Exp Booster x1]
040A0000 00411428 0B010129

[Skill booster x1(in battle)]
040A0000 0041164C 0B02014A
040A0000 00404DB4 0B020129

[Classroom (skill) Booster x1]
040A0000 003D4AE4 0B020129

ty
 
@Gamerjin could u possible make a x6 variant of these
Unfortunately, I can't read asm to know how the values are made, plus I have only seen values that were powers of 2. So if someone more skilled than me can find the answer, I will admit I'm curious as why it's only powers of 2....
 
I've been trying to use the 010 Editor, along with those templates, to make Pegasus Knight, Falcon Knight, Dark Flier and Valkyrie available to male units (i.e. like Fates did).
However, they're not showing up in the certifications screen, no matter what I do. I tried setting the "Male Flag" to "1", to match the "Female Flag"; nope. I tried setting the "uint 16 Male AID" to "137", again to match the "uint 16 Female AID", above. Again, nope.

Anyone have any ideas? Also, am I allowed to link the .bin file, or would that count as "providing copyrighted game files" or whatever the rule is?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Khalyus
I've been trying to use the 010 Editor, along with those templates, to make Pegasus Knight, Falcon Knight, Dark Flier and Valkyrie available to male units (i.e. like Fates did).
However, they're not showing up in the certifications screen, no matter what I do. I tried setting the "Male Flag" to "1", to match the "Female Flag"; nope. I tried setting the "uint 16 Male AID" to "137", again to match the "uint 16 Female AID", above. Again, nope.

Anyone have any ideas? Also, am I allowed to link the .bin file, or would that count as "providing copyrighted game files" or whatever the rule is?

I think there is a code for that.

I checked It and @Gamerjin updated the one se used on 1.0, i think he shared It already, If he did not, i Will when i get home.
 
Last edited by Khalyus,
I've been trying to use the 010 Editor, along with those templates, to make Pegasus Knight, Falcon Knight, Dark Flier and Valkyrie available to male units (i.e. like Fates did).
However, they're not showing up in the certifications screen, no matter what I do. I tried setting the "Male Flag" to "1", to match the "Female Flag"; nope. I tried setting the "uint 16 Male AID" to "137", again to match the "uint 16 Female AID", above. Again, nope.

Anyone have any ideas? Also, am I allowed to link the .bin file, or would that count as "providing copyrighted game files" or whatever the rule is?
I read on the hacking discord that in order to make the gender locked classes show up on the cert screen you also need the unlock all classes or whatever the code is called on top of the romhack. Apparently they didn't make models for the males so they have female bodies when hacked in.
 
Last edited by DestinyFeather,
I've been trying to use the 010 Editor, along with those templates, to make Pegasus Knight, Falcon Knight, Dark Flier and Valkyrie available to male units (i.e. like Fates did).
However, they're not showing up in the certifications screen, no matter what I do. I tried setting the "Male Flag" to "1", to match the "Female Flag"; nope. I tried setting the "uint 16 Male AID" to "137", again to match the "uint 16 Female AID", above. Again, nope.

Anyone have any ideas? Also, am I allowed to link the .bin file, or would that count as "providing copyrighted game files" or whatever the rule is?
the male flag has to be 1 and the female flag has to be 2, for either gender exclusive classes
 
I read on the hacking discord that in order to make the gender locked classes show up on the cert screen you also need the unlock all classes or whatever the code is called on top of the romhack. Apparently they didn't make models for the males so they have female bodies when hacked in.
That does make sense, actually.
 
Does this cheat :

[All Playable Characters Recruited (v1.2.0)]
580F0000 01B12190
780F0000 000006F0
300E0000 00000028
610F0000 00000000 00000003
780F0000 0000024C
310E0000

work normally like u recruited them ingame? u can lv them,support them, teach them? i am so tired of giving gifts 1 at time to recruit or support chars.
I've only tested in Cindered Shadows, it doesn't seem to work properly in regular mode (can't instruct them or set them for Group Task), it seems there need to be extra flags set for that, but I do not know what they are.
 
The unable to be instructed issue reminds me of a weird issue I had. Basically, I was recruiting the Cindered Shadows units by ticking available/has joined flags in Falo's editor* and the units would not show up in the menu when having meals until I had talked to them in the monastery on the same day. I haven't had the opportunity to test and see if those units were unable to be tutored etc without also being talked to since I haven't used the save editor for that purpose since.


*the reason why I was doing this was because I thought that yuzu was incapable of recruiting them despite having done the side story when in actual fact it couldn't display dlc unit dialogues with the infinite divine pulse cheat enabled and disabling the cheat did nothing in yuzu's interface (I had to move it out of the mod folder instead and to restart the emulator to see the dialogue, I realised later on)
 
plz help video tutorial, i can't cheat.. thank
I'm assuming you have a hackable Switch - one of the launch models, since future versions have the RCM exploit patched (darn it).

You should have this path on your microSD card:
/./atmosphere/contents/010055D009F78000/
Where "010055D009F78000" is the Fire Emblem: Three Houses titleID.

In the 010055D009F78000 folder, add a 'cheats' folder, and then copy the 89048449ba238c8c.txt file into the 'cheats' folder.
That .txt file contains cheats for 1.2.0, and the alphanumeric code is the BID (I don't know what the acronym means, but it identifies the update). Cheats you can add to this 89048449ba238c8c.txt file can be found on page 139 or so, onwards.
 
I'm assuming you have a hackable Switch - one of the launch models, since future versions have the RCM exploit patched (darn it).

You should have this path on your microSD card:
/./atmosphere/contents/010055D009F78000/
Where "010055D009F78000" is the Fire Emblem: Three Houses titleID.

In the 010055D009F78000 folder, add a 'cheats' folder, and then copy the 89048449ba238c8c.txt file into the 'cheats' folder.
That .txt file contains cheats for 1.2.0, and the alphanumeric code is the BID (I don't know what the acronym means, but it identifies the update). Cheats you can add to this 89048449ba238c8c.txt file can be found on page 139 or so, onwards.

i followed you but failed
 

Attachments

  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 298
i followed you but failed
You've got the wrong order of folders on your microSD card.
When you install Atmosphere (I've never used SXOS), you'll get a folder named "atmosphere" on the root of your SD card. Inside that folder should be another one named "contents", then "010055D009F78000", then "cheats".

/atmosphere/contents/010055D009F78000/cheats.

You've got the "010055D009F78000" twice (the one before "atmosphere" shouldn't be there), and you don't have "contents".
 
the male flag has to be 1 and the female flag has to be 2, for either gender exclusive classes
That works! Just tried that, and it works! Thank you!

...Now to figure out how to remodel, or at least copy over the Wyvern Lord male model to the Pegasus/Falcon Knight and Dark Flier models, and the Paladin male model to the Valkyrie model, even if it means replacing the female models since I was never going to class-change my female units into them (got enough usable units with just the guys, and there's no child units in this game to make raising up female units regardless worth it)...
 
I have just started using 010 editor. The reason for this is that for romhacking there are a huge number of binary templates made by romhackers such as DeathChaos https://github.com/three-houses-research-team/010-binary-templates that basically highlight and annotate what areas you need to edit inside a .bin file to achieve certain things.
Those templates...I have reason to believe that in the PersonData.bt file, in the Spell List Data section, that "Kronya" is actually Yuri and "Solon" is actually Balthus, of the Ashen Wolves.

Yuri's spell list is Wind, Cutting Gale, Sagittae, Excalibur (Reason) and Heal, Nosferatu, Recover, Silence, Aura (Faith). "Kronya", in the template, has all the same spells. Further, the skill levels Yuri and "Kronya" learn them at (D/C/B/A and D/D+/C/B/A) are the same.

As for Balthus, he gets Fire, Bolganone, Ragnarok (Reason) and Heal, Nosferatu, Seraphim, Restore (Faith) at D/C/A and D/D+/B/A. "Solon" has the same spells listed, and learns the Reason spells at D/C/A, but learns the Faith spells at D/D+/C/B - the only mismatch. Still, "Solon" is the only place I can find the hex string "181C1D21" (Balthus' Faith magic, in their hex number form) in the entire fixed_persondata.bin file, and everything else matches.

Now we come to the Skill List Data, where #38, "Kronya", has "Pre Time Skip Personal Skill" (hereby referred to as PTSPS) of "241", which when cross-referencing with the Save Editor fork with Battalion support, is...Honorable Spirit. Otherwise known as the personal skill of Yuri.
"Kronya" has Battalion Vantage, Model Leader, Black Magic Range +1, Black Tomefaire under Abilities Learnt, and gets them at C/C+/S/S+. Yuri also gets these abilities at those skill levels.

"Solon". His PTSPS is "242", which is King of Grappling. He gets Rally Strength, Battalion Desperation, Black Magic Range +1 and Black Tomefaire at D/B/S/S+. Again, these are all Balthus' abilities.

I should contact DeathChaos over at Discord (as the GitHub recommends), but...I don't use that program whatsoever. Meh; at least I'm writing out my discoveries here.
 
Those templates...I have reason to believe that in the PersonData.bt file, in the Spell List Data section, that "Kronya" is actually Yuri and "Solon" is actually Balthus, of the Ashen Wolves.

Yuri's spell list is Wind, Cutting Gale, Sagittae, Excalibur (Reason) and Heal, Nosferatu, Recover, Silence, Aura (Faith). "Kronya", in the template, has all the same spells. Further, the skill levels Yuri and "Kronya" learn them at (D/C/B/A and D/D+/C/B/A) are the same.

As for Balthus, he gets Fire, Bolganone, Ragnarok (Reason) and Heal, Nosferatu, Seraphim, Restore (Faith) at D/C/A and D/D+/B/A. "Solon" has the same spells listed, and learns the Reason spells at D/C/A, but learns the Faith spells at D/D+/C/B - the only mismatch. Still, "Solon" is the only place I can find the hex string "181C1D21" (Balthus' Faith magic, in their hex number form) in the entire fixed_persondata.bin file, and everything else matches.

Now we come to the Skill List Data, where #38, "Kronya", has "Pre Time Skip Personal Skill" (hereby referred to as PTSPS) of "241", which when cross-referencing with the Save Editor fork with Battalion support, is...Honorable Spirit. Otherwise known as the personal skill of Yuri.
"Kronya" has Battalion Vantage, Model Leader, Black Magic Range +1, Black Tomefaire under Abilities Learnt, and gets them at C/C+/S/S+. Yuri also gets these abilities at those skill levels.

"Solon". His PTSPS is "242", which is King of Grappling. He gets Rally Strength, Battalion Desperation, Black Magic Range +1 and Black Tomefaire at D/B/S/S+. Again, these are all Balthus' abilities.

I should contact DeathChaos over at Discord (as the GitHub recommends), but...I don't use that program whatsoever. Meh; at least I'm writing out my discoveries here.
there's a fixed version of the persondata.bt in the discord called PersonData_-_Revised.bt
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted