ROM Hack Discussion Fire Emblem: Three Houses General Hacking

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Back again with another hex editing discovery, thanks to those templates.

In fixed_classdata.bin -> Class Data -> Class Block[##], I'm pretty sure "byte UnknownValue[8]" controls how much Unit Exp is needed to master each class; in Noble and Commoner, it's set to 0x14, or 20. In the Beginner classes, it's 3C, or 60. Intermediate classes have the byte as 0x64, otherwise known as 100; Advanced has 0x96, or 150; Master's got C8, or 200.

Tested this, and it works.

Had this saved as a draft since yesterday...unintentional double-post!

Reactions: lostcauze

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, is there any mod that increases deployable units or is that impossible?
Not exactly; each map has a set number of deploy tiles, which are their own separate thing that cannot be edited without editing the map.

To do this, you'd need to dump DATA0.bin and DATA1.bin (found by first dumping the game and game update's romFS), edit the .bai files found within to increase the number of deploy tiles, repack them into INFO0.bin and INFO2.bin, and then put them on the SD card.
How to extract DATA .bins and how to repack edited files into INFO .bins.

myangel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly; each map has a set number of deploy tiles, which are their own separate thing that cannot be edited without editing the map.

To do this, you'd need to dump DATA0.bin and DATA1.bin (found by first dumping the game and game update's romFS), edit the .bai files found within to increase the number of deploy tiles, repack them into INFO0.bin and INFO2.bin, and then put them on the SD card.

I would like to edit spell list for character and growth rate i know there a tools for edit but i have a problem with dumping game file back then idk maybe i will try again and hope it work

1 No
2 No

Leave it at that there no way to hack or do anything in unhack switch

Last edited by myangel,

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it possible to edit the "Suggested Level" thing on Auxiliary and Mission battles? Because late-game I want said levels to be in the 90s, not merely the 40s, both for increased difficulty and EXP earned reasons.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I tried this, actually, editing a few battles then copying the resulting INFO .bins to my SD card. However, both times I've done this the game has refused to go past the loading screen, and load the actual edited battle. I've also tried following step #4 in the second link, putting my edited fixed_NAME.bin files into /romfs/mods/nx/data/ then running the pack_info.py file, only for "Ignored: no index detected in name or info0" to come up. Despite me using my original patch4 INFO .bins to get these files.

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

SilverSpireZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone fixed the bug that gives you an absurd amount of renown in NG+? Or does anyone know if you can edit the amount of times the game has been cleared to prevent this?

SinsOfSloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this, actually, editing a few battles then copying the resulting INFO .bins to my SD card. However, both times I've done this the game has refused to go past the loading screen, and load the actual edited battle. I've also tried following step #4 in the second link, putting my edited fixed_NAME.bin files into /romfs/mods/nx/data/ then running the pack_info.py file, only for "Ignored: no index detected in name or info0" to come up. Despite me using my original patch4 INFO .bins to get these files.

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
If the file is not originally in the update file, you need to indicate what index you are replacing in the game like "6123 - Whatever.bin". The script reads only numbers in the filename to determine what index to write to the INFO0 entry.

It also tells you here if you read the whole thing in its entirety.

Last edited by SinsOfSloth,

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If the file is not originally in the update file, you need to indicate what index you are replacing in the game like "6123 - Whatever.bin". The script reads only numbers in the filename to determine what index to write to the INFO0 entry.

It also tells you here if you read the whole thing in its entirety.
Okay, tried that; now cmd.exe says the .bai files have been "added" while the .bin files are "replaced". Weird, but better than "ignored".
I then put the edited INFO0.bin and INFO2.bin files on my microSD card, and went to open my game.
It never went past the "Nintendo Switch" loading screen - didn't even get to the purple Crest of Flames loading screen.

The only things I've got in /./atmosphere/contents/010055D009F78000/romfs/patch4/ are the two INFO .bins, by the way; I backed up the /nx/patch4/ directory and its four edited .bins I was using before, then deleted them from my microSD card. So can't be a conflict.

I'm thinking it's got something to do with the "add"/"replace" thing, maybe; why aren't they all "add", or all "replace"?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Either that, or how the edited INFO0.bin is actually larger than the original - 344 KB vs 341 KB.
Could that be causing issues?

SinsOfSloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, tried that; now cmd.exe says the .bai files have been "added" while the .bin files are "replaced". Weird, but better than "ignored".
I then put the edited INFO0.bin and INFO2.bin files on my microSD card, and went to open my game.
It never went past the "Nintendo Switch" loading screen - didn't even get to the purple Crest of Flames loading screen.

The only things I've got in /./atmosphere/contents/010055D009F78000/romfs/patch4/ are the two INFO .bins, by the way; I backed up the /nx/patch4/ directory and its four edited .bins I was using before, then deleted them from my microSD card. So can't be a conflict.

I'm thinking it's got something to do with the "add"/"replace" thing, maybe; why aren't they all "add", or all "replace"?

Either that, or how the edited INFO0.bin is actually larger than the original - 344 KB vs 341 KB.
Could that be causing issues?
I don't really know what you're doing, as you're not providing me enough information. It might be that you have an entry that is locating a file that doesn't exist at all, but I don't patch using the games' files.

Replace means you're just overwriting an existing entry in INFO0. Adding means you're adding a new entry to INFO0. Ignored means the file was never added as an entry to INFO0, as the script doesn't know what index in the base game to override as the number in the filename provides the index.

All I know is that it has nothing to do with the file size, as the script wrote a new entry for those the files you added. If you can, I would suggest just using the IPS patch, as it's much easier and simpler unless you prefer the organization INFO0 provides.

Last edited by SinsOfSloth,

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't really know what you're doing, as you're not providing me enough information.

Replace means you're just overwriting an existing entry in INFO0. Adding means you're adding a new entry to INFO0. Ignored means the file was never added as an entry to INFO0, as the script doesn't know what index in the base game to override as the number in the filename provides the index.

All I know is that it has nothing to do with the file size, as the script wrote a new entry for those the files you added. If you can, I would suggest just using the IPS patch, as it's much easier and simpler unless you prefer the organization INFO0 provides.
IPS patch? What IPS patch?

What am I doing? I've edited fixed_classdata.bin, fixed_persondata.bin, fixed_data.bin and fixed_shopdata.bin (indexes 11, 12, 6, 30), along with several .bai files (89, 91, 195, 221, 223, 225, 229, 233, 235, 243) - those are Magdred Ambush, Assault at the Rite of Rebirth, Forgotten Hero, and the seven Monsters auxiliary battles.
I can get the .bin files to work using the normal LayeredFS system (putting them at /./atmosphere/contents/010055D009F78000/romfs/patch4/nx/data/), but when I try to edit INFO0.bin and INFO2.bin they just won't work when put on my SD card.

To get those INFO bins, I followed the instructions of that GitHub wiki - original_patches/patch4/INFO0.bin and INFO2.bin from my original NXDumpTool romFS dump; romfs/mods/.bai files and nx/data/6, 11, 12, 30 .bin files; ran the pack_info.py file using cmd.exe and the provided command (py -3 pack_info.py). The .bai files are "added" and the .bin files "replace", so that should no longer be my issue.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong about this process, but the game refuses to start when given the resulting INFO0.bin and INFO2.bin files.

I don't really know what you're doing, as you're not providing me enough information. It might be that you have an entry that is locating a file that doesn't exist at all, but I don't patch using the games' files.

Heck, here's my folder containing everything - pack_info.py, the .bin and .bai files, everything - so it's easier to check my mistakes.

Attachments

• Fire Emblem Three Houses Mods.rar
    65.7 KB · Views: 288
Last edited by AkiraKurusu,

SinsOfSloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IPS patch? What IPS patch?

What am I doing? I've edited fixed_classdata.bin, fixed_persondata.bin, fixed_data.bin and fixed_shopdata.bin (indexes 11, 12, 6, 30), along with several .bai files (89, 91, 195, 221, 223, 225, 229, 233, 235, 243) - those are Magdred Ambush, Assault at the Rite of Rebirth, Forgotten Hero, and the seven Monsters auxiliary battles.
I can get the .bin files to work using the normal LayeredFS system (putting them at /./atmosphere/contents/010055D009F78000/romfs/patch4/nx/data/), but when I try to edit INFO0.bin and INFO2.bin they just won't work when put on my SD card.

To get those INFO bins, I followed the instructions of that GitHub wiki - original_patches/patch4/INFO0.bin and INFO2.bin from my original NXDumpTool romFS dump; romfs/mods/.bai files and nx/data/6, 11, 12, 30 .bin files; ran the pack_info.py file using cmd.exe and the provided command (py -3 pack_info.py). The .bai files are "added" and the .bin files "replace", so that should no longer be my issue.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong about this process, but the game refuses to start when given the resulting INFO0.bin and INFO2.bin files.
IPS Patch (Aldebaran). It's on the right-hand side. Also what are you doing to the filepaths of your files? It's telling me that your files like "89 - The_Magdred_Ambush.bai" should be located in "rom:/mods/common/scenario/bmap/89 - The_Magdred_Ambush.bai", rom: being SD:atmosphere\contents\010055D009F78000\romfs. I see your file "89 - The_Magdred_Ambush.bai" in the base folder, "rom:mods"

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
IPS Patch (Aldebaran). It's on the right-hand side. Also what are you doing to the filepaths of your files? It's telling me that your files like "89 - The_Magdred_Ambush.bai" should be located in "rom:/mods/common/scenario/bmap/89 - The_Magdred_Ambush.bai", rom: being SD:atmosphere\contents\010055D009F78000\romfs. I see your file "89 - The_Magdred_Ambush.bai" in the base folder, "rom:mods"
https://github.com/three-houses-res...s-and-patches-to-existing-files-in-the-update
#4: Copy your mods you wish to patch to the game to romfs\mods. If you edited a file found in the update romfs, emulate the filepath of that file.

Followed that instruction; that's why my .bai files are in romfs/mods/ instead of romfs/mods/common/scenario/bmap/, because I didn't find them in my patch4 update dump, but rather inside DATA0.bin and DATA1.bin, which I had to extract separately. Ergo, no real "filepath" for them.
Also, Alderaan Aldebaran...tried that too, actually; stuck at the Nintendo Switch loading screen, even with absolutely nothing in the /Aldebaran/forge/ folder.

Attachments

• Aldebaran.rar
    38 KB · Views: 139
Last edited by AkiraKurusu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F