ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I spend hours digging through folders and tutorials for it to not work: is there a way to apply this to games being run with Citra?

Also, does this directly modify the game cartridge? If I were to play the same cartridge on a different (un-hacked) 3DS, would it play with or without the patch? If the latter, would saves created with the patch be playable on an unhacked DS? What would break if I did so?
There should be a way to make this work for Citra. I'm not familiar with Citra so I cannot get too specific, but you would need to rebuild the game into a .3ds file.

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, it says that Niles and Silas have a support but I don't see it in my game either. I'm new to hacking and installing Soundhax + Hans took me forever

Btw, check the list carefully.
I think if it says "Option" added, it means it works only mechanically, without convo.
If it says "Conversation" added, it means it works with actual convoes originally written.

Your gay options WITH convo for Silas are;
Xander
Ryoma
Jakob
Kaze

For Niles they are;
Laslow
Kaze
Odin
Leo

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for the double post, but this may just be worth it. For convenience, I made a reference list which shows which gay option have added convo, if I interpreted the update list correctly. This will allow you to create the ultimate gay "talking" army with the current patch;

Anna; Corrin (F), Midori [A]
Arthur; Benny
Asugi; Corrin (M), Dwyer
Azama; Kaden, Subaki
Azura; Corrin (F) [Birthright, Revelation], Felicia, Hinoka, Selena
Benny; Arthur, Keaton
Beruka; Camilla, Oboro, Reina, Selena
Caeldori; Mitama, Rhajat, Sophie
Camilla; Beruka, Charlotte, Hinoka, Sakura, Selena
Charlotte; Camilla, Nyx, Peri, Rinkah
Corrin (F); Anna, Azura [Birthright, Revelation], Felicia, Hinoka, Nina, Oboro, Reina, Rinkah, Selena
Corrin (M); Asugi, Izana, Jakob, Kaden, Kaze, Saizo, Shigure, Silas
Dwyer; Asugi, Percy
Effie; Mozu, Hinoka [A], Sakura, Shura [A]
Elise; Sakura, Shura
Felicia; Azura, Corrin (F), Hana, Scarlet
Flora; Selena
Hana; Felicia, Oboro, Sakura
Hinata; Kaden, Odin, Subaki, Takumim
Hinoka; Azura, Camilla, Corrin (F), Elisa [A], Selena, Setsuna
Izana; Corrin (M)
Jakob; Corrin (M), Keaton, Silas
Kaden; Azama, Corrin (M), Hinata, Keaton
Kaegero; Orochi, Rinkah
Kaze; Corrin (M), Niles, Silas
Keaton; Benny, Jakob, Kaden, Laslow, Shura
Laslow; Keaton, Niles, Odin, Saizo, Xander
Leo; Niles, Odin, Ryoma, Takumi
Midori; Anna, Ophelia
Mitama; Caeldori, Rhajat, Soleil
Moz; Effie, Sakura
Niles; Kaze, Laslow, Leo, Odin
Nina; Corrin (F), Soleil
Nyx; Charlotte, Orochi
Oboro; Hana, Beruka, Corrin (F), Orochi, Selena
Odin; Hinata, Laslow, Leo, Niles
Ophelia; Midori
Orochi; Kagero, Nyx, Oboro
Percy; Dwyer
Peri; Charlotte, Selena
Reina; Beruka, Corrin (F)
Rhajat; Caeldori, Mitama
Rinkah; Charlotte, Corrin (F), Kagero
Ryoma; Leo, Scarlet, Silas, Xander
Saizo; Corrin (M), Laslow, Subaki
Sakura; Camilla, Elise, Hana, Mozu
Scarlet; Felicia, Ryoma
Selena; Azura, Beruka, Camilla, Corrin (F), Flora, Hinoka, Oboro, Peri, Setsuna
Setsuna; Hinoka, Selena
Shigure; Corrin (M)
Shiro; Siegbert
Shura; Elise [A], Keaton
Siegbert; Shiro
Silas; Corrin (M), Jakob, Kaze, Ryoma, Xander
Soleil; Mitama, Nina
Sophie; Caeldori, Velouria
Subaki; Azama, Hinata, Saizo
Takumi; Hinata, Leo
Velouria; Sophie
Xander; Laslow, Ryoma, Silas

Happy rainbow hunting!

Last edited by Mansize,
Reactions: xTiredx

Karakui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't answer the Citra question but:
1) Does not directly modify the cartridge.
2) Without the patch, so you won't get to view any of the conversations you unlocked unless they were in the base game (i.e. M!Corrin & Azura C-S or F!Corrin & Azura C-A, you just won't be able to view the S Rank conversation for the same-sex marriage couples).
3) Yes they're playable.
4) Nothing would break.

There should be a way to make this work for Citra. I'm not familiar with Citra so I cannot get too specific, but you would need to rebuild the game into a .3ds file.

Citra did actually work surprisingly well. A much simpler job than I was expecting. For anyone else who wants to use this with Citra: Extract the .3ds of whichever Fates.3ds you've got, replace the GameData and m folders in the ExtractRomFS folder with the GameData and m from the patch, then rebuild it again. Works for the Non-shield Amiibo and unlocked Paralogues files too. Only requires the HackingToolkit3DS.

So if those files were used on a clean DS, an S rank gay couple would still be treated as an S rank, except for not being able to access the conversation?

And on the topic of support conversations: Do the Amiibo characters not have conversations because it's impossible for them to have conversations or just because they haven't been written?

Last edited by Karakui,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Citra did actually work surprisingly well. A much simpler job than I was expecting. For anyone else who wants to use this with Citra: Extract the .3ds of whichever Fates.3ds you've got, replace the GameData and m folders in the ExtractRomFS folder with the GameData and m from the patch, then rebuild it again. Works for the Non-shield Amiibo and unlocked Paralogues files too. Only requires the HackingToolkit3DS.

So if those files were used on a clean DS, an S rank gay couple would still be treated as an S rank, except for not being able to access the conversation?

And on the topic of support conversations: Do the Amiibo characters not have conversations because it's impossible for them to have conversations or just because they haven't been written?
No, you wouldn't see the S rank at all, iirc, the icon or the conversation. The amiibo characters just haven't had supports written for them yet.

Karakui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, you wouldn't see the S rank at all, iirc, the icon or the conversation. The amiibo characters just haven't had supports written for them yet.
Has anyone written a guide on how to add those supports then? (as in, how to write your own support conversations into the game)

Gultigargar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if necroposting a thread, but I been trying to make this thing work via NTR, but it just keeps crashing after the green screen appears. I thought it was the custom dlc somewhat doing this, but it keeps crashing. Help?

I'm using the american version of special edition.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if necroposting a thread, but I been trying to make this thing work via NTR, but it just keeps crashing after the green screen appears. I thought it was the custom dlc somewhat doing this, but it keeps crashing. Help?

I'm using the american version of special edition.
Use the layeredfs feature of Luma instead of NTR. Instructions can be found here, but replace the title ID with the SE's title ID and any mentions of CQ with the SE.
Okay.

1. Make this folder structure on the root of your SD card: SD:/luma/titles/0004000000179600/romfs/.
2. Download the latest version of the hack from the first post and extract it if you haven't already.
3. Navigate to Gay Fates v0.5.1/Gay Fates/v 0.5.1/NTR CFW version/USA Conquest/Conquest and copy both of those folders (GameData and m) to your romfs folder you created in Step 1.
4. Put your SD card back into your system, hold down Select, and turn the system on to enter your Luma settings.
5. Enable "Enable game patching" then save your settings.
6. Launch the game to see if you have the support options.

Gultigargar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the layeredfs feature of Luma instead of NTR. Instructions can be found here, but replace the title ID with the SE's title ID and any mentions of CQ with the SE.
Seems to work. Thanks! Now, I just need to get Yukimura and Izana playable in Rev and I can finally have my green haired female Kana.

Zelkaar

Legendary Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having issues where attempting to run the hack via NTR crashes upon loading. Does anyone know a fix? My text might be corrupted but I can't really tell, nor do I know how to fix it if that's the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...