ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

RasenShot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is probably not the place to ask this but here it goes...

I finally came around to S-support Lucina with my avatar. Everything went as expected. Then after marrying all of the males, I decided to start doing the child paralogues in order, and Kana's was first. The first thing I noticed was that Kana DID have her mother's blue hair (which I loved btw) in the initial cutscenes. But THEN while in the preparations menu, I noticed that Kana changed to a Male Kana with what I guess is the default white hair color. I thought that marrying a 'new' unit like this supporteable Lucina was bound to cause some glitches, so I rolled with it for the rest of the paralogue thinking it would fix itself after finishing the battle. I was wrong. It didn't even recognize my avatar as it's father.

I went to edit this glitched Kana with FEFTwiddler but when I tried opening it's Unit Viewer tab, it said "One or more values is invalid for this unit. You can use the hex editor, though" and below that said "Error loading Stats data", so all I could do was try to edit something with said hex editor. ...But I really don't know much of hex editing so all I managed to do was change Kana(M) to Kana(F), but everything else was the same. I ended up exporting my Soleil!Kana from my Conquest save to my patched Rev save where I'm playing, and could alter her hex values and now she recognizes Lucina as her mother and my avatar as father, so that's fixed. By the way, I sent the glitched Kana to it's death.

This Kana has my Conquest avatar and Soleil secondary class (Samurai) and Great Lord (which she inherits from Lucina thanks to this hack) when trying to change via Heart Seal. So I assume she has that avatar's and Soleil's growths and stats.

Now here's my question: HOW can I modify her heart seal class, stat modifiers and growths to the ones she would get from her actual parents?

Thanks for reading!

umpta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a lot of trouble getting the NTR CFW plugin to work.

OP mention in the instructions to just "let NTR CFW do it's thing" and I have no idea what that means. My game (if JPN Special Edition) keeps crashing.

What I have done:

-On 11.3 N3ds currently. Swapped the "All paralogues unlocked" Game Data with the game data in the Japanese Special edition folder, then moved the entire contents of the special edition folder to the root of SD card.
-Booted NTR cfw (using latest version 3.5). Is successful.
-Boot game. Get the green blip that I assume means it's working? I press the X+Y buttons but I don't see a fates option, so I assume the hack isn't menu based.
-Play game. If I do anything besides talking to my characters, the game crashes and I get an error message saying I need to restart.

This does not happen when I play the game without NTR CFW boot. Can someone please help? I'm desperate to get this working!

EDIT: I'm thinking it may have something to do with the file extractor I'm using (latest version of winRAR) but I'm lost.

Downloaded latest version of hack 0.51. Before even extracting, the アクア白_プレイヤー女 that "should" be 3kb is 4kb. As in, when I look at the file before decompressing it, the file size in Windows file viewer shows that it is 4kb in the compressed size column, and 4kb in the regular size column.

Last edited by umpta,

umpta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try using the extracter used in the video on the first post. Also, please don't double post. Wait for someone to respond first.

If you mean Roms Extractor, I was under the impression that this was only for HANS installation. It doesn't work on zip files.

Sorry for double posting >.>

Since it seems quite a few people have had issues with extracting the zip files, though, it seems like it would be great if someone just uploaded a non-zipped version of the NTR CFW hack...

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean Roms Extractor, I was under the impression that this was only for HANS installation. It doesn't work on zip files.

Sorry for double posting >.>

Since it seems quite a few people have had issues with extracting the zip files, though, it seems like it would be great if someone just uploaded a non-zipped version of the NTR CFW hack...
No, not the romfs extractor. There is a program to unzip files mentioned in the video. I've had no issues using WinRAR to unzip this hack. You just need to find another program to unzip the files.

umpta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, not the romfs extractor. There is a program to unzip files mentioned in the video. I've had no issues using WinRAR to unzip this hack. You just need to find another program to unzip the files.
Okay, so that program is called PeaZip for anyone who doesn't wanna go back to video, and if you are on Windows 8.1 64-bit, like me, it doesn't work. Still getting 4kb.

So...once again requesting a non-zipped file download link for the NTR CFW files so I can confirm whether or not the compressed files are the source of my game crashing issue...

Pretty please?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so that program is called PeaZip for anyone who doesn't wanna go back to video, and if you are on Windows 8.1 64-bit, like me, it doesn't work. Still getting 4kb.

So...once again requesting a non-zipped file download link for the NTR CFW files so I can confirm whether or not the compressed files are the source of my game crashing issue...

Pretty please?
You don't need to keep asking. This is the third time. Also, if you have Luma 7.0+, you should be using Luma's layeredfs feature instead of NTR CFW.

https://mega.nz/fm/F8glALSY

umpta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need to keep asking. This is the third time. Also, if you have Luma 7.0+, you should be using Luma's layeredfs feature instead of NTR CFW.

https://mega.nz/fm/F8glALSY

Sorry...? I keep asking because I keeping getting an reply that doesn't solve my problem. IDK how someone is supposed to know the request stands if I say nothing. Saying nothing assumes the problem is solved.

That mega link isn't working, btw. Looks like it's redirecting to a private folder or something, not a publicly shared linked.

Not sure what you mean by Luma's layeredfs feature or how I would use that but...thanks...I guess.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry...? I keep asking because I keeping getting an reply that doesn't solve my problem. IDK how someone is supposed to know the request stands if I say nothing. Saying nothing assumes the problem is solved.

That mega link isn't working, btw. Looks like it's redirecting to a private folder or something, not a publicly shared linked.

Not sure what you mean by Luma's layeredfs feature or how I would use that but...thanks...I guess.
You still didn't need to keep asking. :/ I was going to upload the files as a last resort, but I was trying to help by offering other tips first. :/

New Mega Link: https://mega.nz/#F!NpYkDRRQ!PTXFsjD-xFi2TXWaqZNY9A

To use Luma's layeredfs feature (you need 7.0+ to make use of this): https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage, look for "The LayeredFS feature" under "Enable game patcher".

Your final folder structure for fe:if's Special Edition should be SD:/luma/titles/000400000012DE00/romfs/GameData and SD:/luma/titles/000400000012DE00/romfs/m.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

umpta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You still didn't need to keep asking. :/ I was going to upload the files as a last resort

I dunno why you would try to answer the request by...not answering the request and then seeming to get annoyed because I can't read minds but *shrug*

In any case, the above was what I was looking for, and I'll play around with this and see if it works. Thank you, finally.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno why you would try to answer the request by...not answering the request and then seeming to get annoyed because I can't read minds but *shrug*

In any case, the above was what I was looking for, and I'll play around with this and see if it works. Thank you, finally.
I'm not annoyed. There are other things you could've done besides continue to ask for the files to be uploaded.

umpta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, for anyone curious, not using the Luma Layered FS feature was my problem. Tried it with my original decompressed winrar files too and it worked. NTR CFW crashed the game for some reason or another, IDK.

But after all of that, I realized the hack translates some of the japanese speech bubbles to english...which isn't what I wanted, so I can't use this hack anyway. :/

Thanks for the help anyway fam!

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I want to try and use the Luma layeredfs feature for this, do i need to use the HANS files or the NTRCFW files from the zip?
Do i still see the green screen glitch on bootup using this method to confirm the patch is running?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A reminder that homosexuals are gay.
Is there something like this for Awakening?
Yes. It's in this subforum by the same author.
If I want to try and use the Luma layeredfs feature for this, do i need to use the HANS files or the NTRCFW files from the zip?
Do i still see the green screen glitch on bootup using this method to confirm the patch is running?
Use the NTR CFW files and no you will not see the green flash. If you want to check, the fastest way is to look at the supports your character has, but it's recommended to use the hack on a fresh save file so that it won't mess up already existing couples.

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes. It's in this subforum by the same author.

Use the NTR CFW files and no you will not see the green flash. If you want to check, the fastest way is to look at the supports your character has, but it's recommended to use the hack on a fresh save file so that it won't mess up already existing couples.

Thank you so much for assisting people in this thread, very helpful! I will start a new save when I get it to run.

Another question; do I simply ignore the "plugin" folder that is present in the zip, or do I need to put that file somewhere, too?
Would you also happen to know if that "@U" folder is correct present in the EU folder? Or do I need to change this @E? (Trying to do this with EU Special edition).

I suspect my Japanese chars get corrupted like what happens in the instruction video, as they have in the past... even when using Peazip. Looks like I'll have to use the Google Translate solution to replace hundreds of filenames.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for assisting people in this thread, very helpful! I will start a new save when I get it to run.

Another question; do I simply ignore the "plugin" folder that is present in the zip, or do I need to put that file somewhere, too?
Would you also happen to know if that "@U" folder is correct present in the EU folder? Or do I need to change this @E? (Trying to do this with EU Special edition).

I suspect my Japanese chars get corrupted like what happens in the instruction video, as they have in the past... even when using Peazip. Looks like I'll have to use the Google Translate solution to replace hundreds of filenames.
Ignore the plugin folder. Did OP not provide files for the EU Special Edition? If they did provide the files, you shouldn't have to do anything with the folder name unless it says so in the OP.

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ignore the plugin folder. Did OP not provide files for the EU Special Edition? If they did provide the files, you shouldn't have to do anything with the folder name unless it says so in the OP.

Ok many, many thanks for the help! This all saves me quite some trial/error/*head-3DS*/USERFAIL hours, I suspect.
Btw, you sound like just the person to suggest an update of the intial post of the OP.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok many, many thanks for the help! This all saves me quite some trial/error/*head-3DS*/USERFAIL hours, I suspect.
Btw, you sound like just the person to suggest an update of the intial post of the OP.
You're welcome! :) I think that the OP is going to update the hack soon, judging by the amount of videos of the supports they've uploaded to YouTube. Usually, lots of videos uploaded to YouTube means an update is going to be coming soon. That's probably when OP might update the first post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.