ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Xana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, when ripping the romfs straight from my game, the filenames are just fine (no error in Kanji or Kana that I can see) and everything else works. These are the files that UnassumingVenusaur's patch has, if you check the HANS folder and then m/@E.
No, the decompression program you used to extract the HANS patch doesn't support wide/Japanese characters. If you used the wrong ROMFS extractgor, they would have been #### instead.

Jesskas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, the decompression program you used to extract the HANS patch doesn't support wide/Japanese characters. If you used the wrong ROMFS extractgor, they would have been #### instead.
I'm confused. I'm using the exact same ROMFS extractor she linked on the first post. And then "Once you have the extracted romfs you can just paste these folders inside of it", which is what I'm doing.

How are we extracting the HANS patch itself? I tried to use that same ROMFS extractor on the .zip file including the HANS patch and it's not working.

Xana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. I'm using the exact same ROMFS extractor she linked on the first post. And then "Once you have the extracted romfs you can just paste these folders inside of it".

How are we extracting the HANS patch itself? I tried to use that same ROMFS extractor on the .zip file including the HANS patch and it's not working.
I'm not talking about the ROMFS extractor. You have to use a program to unzip the .zip containing the patch. that program doesn't support the characters used in the filenames. You have to use a different one.

AdrianicSea

Trophies
Website
rygabe.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
If you used Windows' default file extractor to extract the .zip of the hack, it'll corrupt the file names, resulting in the long and convoluted names you're seeing in the HANS folder. For me, WinRAR was able to unzip the hack without corrupting the file names, so I'd try re-extracting the .zip that way instead. I've also heard people say that using WinRAR still gave them corrupted file names, though, so you may have to find some other program to extract the hack with. The ROMFS extractor is only used to extract the ROMFS from your dump of the game-- you can just use a standard archiving and extracting program like WinRAR or 7zip to extract the hack.

Jesskas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not talking about the ROMFS extractor. You have to use a program to unzip the .zip containing the patch. that program doesn't support the characters used in the filenames. You have to use a different one.
... oh. Derp. Haha. Now everything makes sense.

If you used Windows' default file extractor to extract the .zip of the hack, it'll corrupt the file names, resulting in the long and convoluted names you're seeing in the HANS folder. For me, WinRAR was able to unzip the hack without corrupting the file names, so I'd try re-extracting the .zip that way instead. I've also heard people say that using WinRAR still gave them corrupted file names, though, so you may have to find some other program to extract the hack with. The ROMFS extractor is only used to extract the ROMFS from your dump of the game-- you can just use a standard archiving and extracting program like WinRAR or 7zip to extract the hack.
... Yep >u>;;

Still couldn't get the S conversation I added to work, though. :c And re-decompressed to check to see if it had the conversation and it did. I'm attaching it.

Attachments

• カミラ_プレイヤー女.bin.rar
    5.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited by Jesskas,

Jesskas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I give, I'm pretty sure it's set up right now [before I was forgetting to re-add the first four bytes, fixed that and it's still broken]. I think it's actually impossible to trigger a custom S conversation if you don't "patch" it before any conversations (i.e., if you change the support conversation file at all after getting at least a C support level with someone, the changes don't seem to work... for some reason.). I'll start over and see if that changes anything.
EDIT 3/20: Nope, now even the C conversation won't load, so if the S conversation from before didn't load, there's something wrong with what I'm doing...

EDIT Last: Okay, as usual, I make things too hard on myself. I was trying to follow a compression convention followed by other support conversations in the m/@E folder, using the BatchLZ77 program, but nothing worked. I gave FEAT a try and it worked on the first go. Like, this is as easy as it can get. Guess I should study more. Bleh. >.> It's uploaded to this.

Is the HANS version Special Edition too?
Yes. I'm using the NA Special Edition with HANS and it works.

Attachments

• m.rar
    7.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by Jesskas,

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Found a solution to the "subtly corrupted file names" problem! You just have to replace the file names manually, and here's how i did it:

At first I tried replacing the file names manually by copy-pasting the names i found on the internet, but they still looked corrupted. For example, even if i copy-pasted "プレイヤー女" into the file name, the small circle of "プ" still overlapped the "レ". So here's how i solved it: simply use Google Translate. Copy-paste the Japanese kana into "English -> Japanese" Google Translate and it will give you a non-corrupted version of the same kana.
The only name you should be careful with is Saizou because Google Translate turns "サイゾウ" into "サイゾー".

Joshkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of a problem. Keaton can S-Support Kaden, but Kaden can only go up to A with Keaton. As such, the S-rank isn't opening up. Anyone know what's going on?

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Is there any place where we can read all the S supports you added? There are some friends of mine who'd love to read some of the S supports but cant install this patch because they dont have a hacked 3ds. c:

Kiwita

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got Recruit Female Kana , I forgot to activate the CFW NTR and my character was married to Hinoka and Paralogue 2 was there , I have defeated the enemies saved the game and activated the Cheats and my character was married to Niles...

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
@UnassumingVenusaur sorry to tag you but i need this super quick!! May i know the offsets for Hinata and/or Tsubaki? i need to marry them and i want their kids ;v; but they're not in the list of offsets you wrote down!

EDIT: i actually found Tsubaki's offset on deathchaos's blog, nevermind~ but still, it would be great if you could add a few charas to the offsets list when u have some free time!!

Tsubaki's offset is 0x1478 btw

Last edited by Ningyoplug,

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Something weird just happened... im playing Revelation, and Flannel and Nishiki normally have C-A supports. However, their A support convo didnt show up-- it just went "Flannel and Nishiki reached support A". I read the support online so i didnt really mind, except now they cant seem to reach S support for some reason. I've been pairing them up and i have cleared entire maps using only the two of them paired up, and they still don't want to S support... even though the "S" option is there. :o

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something weird just happened... im playing Revelation, and Flannel and Nishiki normally have C-A supports. However, their A support convo didnt show up-- it just went "Flannel and Nishiki reached support A". I read the support online so i didnt really mind, except now they cant seem to reach S support for some reason. I've been pairing them up and i have cleared entire maps using only the two of them paired up, and they still don't want to S support... even though the "S" option is there. :o
Huh, that's super weird! I haven't messed with their supports at all yet, and they *should* have an S Support option. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Huh, that's super weird! I haven't messed with their supports at all yet, and they *should* have an S Support option.
Yeah the S support option is there, they just can't seem to reach it for some weird reason. ;_; No matter how much i pair them up. Anyway, I'll keep trying to pair them up a few more times and see.
In case it doesn't work though... is there anything i could do to fix this? Via gamedata.bin.lz maybe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2