Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
I will update the links in a min. sorry for the confusion.
biggrin.gif

Emerald Wyvern

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when I patch trhe rom I get a glitchy mess that makes almost everything unseeable except the sprites and, for some odd reason, the text. While I like it in English, I'd reccomend sticking to some names that have already been established in the FE franchise. For example, Miss should be Avoid, Strength should be abbreviated as Str, and Skill should abbreviated as Skl among other things. Granted these are all small things, however changing these things would probably make it seem closer to an actual English release rather than a translation.

Coppanuva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon me if it's already been answered, but is this likely to become a full english translation or just everything except the menus?

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Would it be too much to ask for the frist one to be translated, theres already a SNES patch out and multiple gamefaqs translations for the SNES game, just needs someone witht eh coding skills :/

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
mehenry said:
if someone dies in the game do they die for ever of do they come back in the next chapter?
Sorry, this is Fire Emblem, of course they die forever...

DAMNIT. I USE GOOGLE TO TALK TO FRENCH PEOPLE.

... Thanks for the translation!

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Antoligy said:
mehenry said:
if someone dies in the game do they die for ever of do they come back in the next chapter?
DAMNIT. I USE GOOGLE TO TALK TO FRENCH PEOPLE.

... Thanks for the translation!
French is not the same as Japanese but I am not here to discuss this.

"... Thanks for the translation!"
You should better wait for the official translation of the game it'll be a lot better than our fan translation.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Ive been using multiple translator and sereneforest site for the map. Theres this 1 country that is either Tallis or Talis. We are not sure what to use.
Also the word Oreruans or Orleans. Not sure which to trust translator or sereneforest
Talis and Orleans are the names accepted by virtually 100% of all the fans of Fire Emblem 1 and 3.

I'll try out the translation patch soon.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, but do you plan on inserting the translated script someone provided this morning? I'd offer to try inserting it, except I have no knowledge whatsoever as to how it's done. :S

Anyways, thanks for the partial patch, it should tide people over until we see an actual localization.

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
aznanimefreak1 said:
now lets all thank the rom hacking team
smile.gif

Noitora
Nehe32
Kryss
Romruto
toot.gif

Just to let you know I've been messing around with the graphics so It *may* be possible to translate all of the menus (graphics) before the first actual version of the patch.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That script looked an awful lot like VincentASM's work, the guy who runs serenesforest.net... you might want to credit him if you do use it.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patch worked for me, playing it on the SuperCard ONE right now.
EDIT: There's a few issues I see at the moment. Kain is spelled 'Kian' and Jeigan "JeigDr." Speaking of Jeigan, his name is tabbed over too, so maybe it's just some of the code or something acting up >.> Marich, I've seen more fans use the name Maric, but it's negligible. For things like the Silver Lance, if you can't fit in the Lance, I'd just leave it out at Silver, as there's already a Lance icon next to it. This goes for all the other stuff too. The Dark Mage and Dragon Knight classes leave artifacts in their names in the menu, as does Armor Knight (Vince uses the British spelling for... well, the reason should be obvious after that wording). You guys might want to use the American spelling. Cavalier also leaves artifacts.

I assume you guys are going to be using some of the American/European names over the Japanese, as Cavaliers are actually Social Knights :/

EDIT2: Julian, Est, Navarre, Abel, Kain and Jeigan so far have some issues with their names--they aren't aligned properly. I think SwordMaster should be Swordmaster. Iote Shield runs on into the next word--Light Orb. The Dragon Sword came up as 'Dragon Swor11' and ran into my weapon uses. Berserker has artifacts (no big problem, the name is pro'lly too long for the game to expect). Hauteclere has a '0' after it. Palutea has an 'A' after it, and Partia is a widely-recognized romanization of it. The Physic staff is actually Libro, and the Mend is Relive, and Heal is Live (I think) Rescue is actually Warp, I think. Thoron--I've personally used Torron myself. Dragon Lance is too long. Stonehedge and Thunderbolt are too. I should start formatting this soon... Laurence, I've seen his name as Lawrence more oft, and his name is also too long. Sheeda's Wind Spear has no name. Banuto, I use Banetou. Astria has some issues with is name length, bad placement most likely. Chainy has some issues with his name as well. Midia is too far over too. Thomasu is usually just Thomas. Wolf can also be Ulf, depending on how you like. Zagaro, I've used Zaggaro, but it doesn't matter. George is too far over. Laddy...
frown.gif
A majority of Fire Emblem fans all use Raddy. Thief looks cut off as 'Thie' for the class. Biraku is always a strange name--Brak works, I guess, but I've seen Villuck used instead, at times. Hardin I've used as Hardain, and he and Wendel have formatting errors.
The Axe Fighter class is listed as 'Sold.' The Priest class is a 'Sage' which is also wrong. Gradius, I personally prefer Gladius. Killer Lance is too long (as we can tell, there's some length issues to deal with).

In the Organize menu, you guys seem to have borke the box which appears, as it's now out of place, and also random text seems to be missing. In the class swap, the first icon is now missing (the list on the right of the bottom screen). In shops, the Customize feature has been called Forge by many fans instead. Bolganon, I personally like Volcannon. The 18 use staff isn't translated--I think it's a Magic Barrier staff or something. The 'Book' was originally a Manual.

Hope this gigantic list helps out a little.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very good. I was going to create a list of all the things to fix but I became lazy and didn't. If you're looking for script, the script is basically the same as the ones from FE1, and otherwise if you can wait a couple of weeks I might be able to get a script translation specifically for FEDS.

-GJ-

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know if this is mentioned, but I am in the 2nd stage now, and I checked my items, and I had a sword equiped and 1 in stock.
Then I went back to play, and there was a "[" character just above the middle of the screen..

Anyway thnx for the patch and I'm lookin forward to the 2nd one
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol