The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
azianinvazn said:
Hey, itd be cool if u translated that taiko drum game, ive been playing it in japanese, but itd be cool to no wat i was doing, the games is pretty tight. thanks in advance.

hey man. that not cool they workin hard on this translation and FE is an amazin game. they not just gonna put everything down just to translate sum other game someone with 3posts asked em to do

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkcrudus said:
azianinvazn said:
Hey, itd be cool if u translated that taiko drum game, ive been playing it in japanese, but itd be cool to no wat i was doing, the games is pretty tight. thanks in advance.

hey man. that not cool they workin hard on this translation and FE is an amazin game. they not just gonna put everything down just to translate sum other game someone with 3posts asked em to do

QUOTE(aznanimefreak1 @ Aug 7 2008, 06:49 PM)
the team and I were thinking about maybe translating another game since this translation went by pretty smoothly and fast I might add. We still don't know what rom to translate. Preferably a game with very few script or words at all
smile.gif
Heres a list that I've kept in mind...Also, side note if your going to request for a game make sure it hasn't been released in english and probably has a 90% chance of even being ported to english or hasn't been released.
-Meccha! Taiko no Tatsujin DS: 7tsu no Shima no Daibouken (Better known as that cool drum game)
-Dragon Quest V - Hand of the Heavenly Bride (MAYBE...EXTREMELY LONG SCRIPT)

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
monaug5 said:
I knew translating this game was a waste of time.

Its getting an english release.

Ok, then don't use our translation patch. You can just wait for a year... or so... or never like every other noob that decided to post a idiotic and pointless comment about an English ported version. If anyone else has a pointless comment such as this game is going to released in a English version or you will wait for a English release, then don't even bother posting. Your probably some fat lonely loser that lives in his mother's basement; find something else to do. Honestly im sick and tired of people insulting our hard work on this translation, and most likely even use it when they don't even do diddly squat.

Also we decided on translating Inazuma Seven? Some Soccer RPG Game.

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We might start on some minor script or message translations after we have fixed all problems. The most important problem on our translation is the character limit issues. We will not be able to translate all scripts, messages, etc if the character limits us from putting in a full English words.

Ex: the word Plain on the terrain had a character limit of 4 so we had to use Plan instead. OR.. The most common character limits were Character names or Item names.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
aznanimefreak1 said:
We might start on some minor script or message translations after we have fixed all problems. The most important problem on our translation is the character limit issues. We will not be able to translate all scripts, messages, etc if the character limits us from putting in a full English words.

Ex: the word Plain on the terrain had a character limit of 4 so we had to use Plan instead. OR.. The most common character limits were Character names or Item names.

Thanks for taking my idea into consideration. This is the kind of devotion I like. Good job!

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We are in need of more translators. The amount of work we have been doing translating games is getting very big. I mean we are translating maybe 10 games with a team of only 5 people. People just keep requesting for translation patches. Well we are requesting translator to help the work load. This benefits both us and you. It makes translation patches release faster, and allows us to work in less time. Now seriously. If you would like to see more translations from us, do what you can to help. We are taking on more and more translation request and we are bitting on a a little more than we can chew. Don't be one of those lazy leechers that act like a parasite (A organism that only makes actions that benefits itself). Try and help us out once in a while. A act of kindness can go a long way.

This reminds me of a interesting phrase.... "Be Kind Rewind"

We are in need of Translators for the following projects. The more translators we get the faster we can move on to new Games.
Inazuma Eleven
Bleach the 3rd Phantom
Mugen no Frontier - Super Robot Taisen OG Saga
Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then, your priority should be to learn how to repoint the text data in FEDS or something. If you can at least learn how, I can work on adding in the script so you guys can focus on some other games. Until then, I'm going to try and find out why my lz77 compressor has decided not to work anymore.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Blazer said:
Well then, your priority should be to learn how to repoint the text data in FEDS or something. If you can at least learn how, I can work on adding in the script so you guys can focus on some other games. Until then, I'm going to try and find out why my lz77 compressor has decided not to work anymore.
Actually we have the pointers figured out but it's a real mess a good coder rather than a rom hacker is needed and my coding skills failed me years ago.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the difference between a coder and a ROM hacker.

OK, but in all seriousness, what 'coding' is necessary? The game has a good amount of space, so shouldn't it be as easy as moving the text to the new area and changing the pointer, or am I just dreaming? Or would that method take too "long" as there are way too many text pointers to replace?

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Blazer said:
I don't see the difference between a coder and a ROM hacker.

OK, but in all seriousness, what 'coding' is necessary? The game has a good amount of space, so shouldn't it be as easy as moving the text to the new area and changing the pointer, or am I just dreaming? Or would that method take too "long" as there are way too many text pointers to replace?
That method would take too long unless the file structure is rewritten it's actually like that:

Header(Pointer address....)
Text
Pointer Table(Messed up not in order of how strings are shown in the text part)
Pointer names?(The name of what points to where e.g. OKBUTTON)

so what we have to do:
Write a custom dumper to dump text accordingly to the pointers and export to ATLAS commands in order to automatically edit the pointers.

aznanimefreak1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Now, 18 years after the first Fire Emblem title comes a remake of the same game for the Nintendo DS up to now referred to as Fire Emblem DS. In Japan however, the game is titled "Fire Emblem: Shin Ankoku Ry? to Hikari no Ken" (notice the "Shin" here, translating into "new"). Now even though it is not rocket science, Nintendo's translators came up with (and you'd better believe it): Fire Emblem: New Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light. Brilliant!

Even though official confirmation of the title is still absent, one of Nintendo's localized press areas is already showing this full (english) title. For us, enough confirmation... for now."
Source: http://ds-x2.com/news/Fire%2BEmblem%2BDS%2...F%2C11792,11792

I don't really think this is a reliable website...I have "Official" Nintendo Power Magazine. It lists any/all upcoming game being released in English and its date. and I repeat....there is NO!!!!! official release date for it....

Damn...you seriously are the most ignorant person on GBAtemp besides the other stupid idiots. You 1st assume for a full translation of a game when someone just shows you a guide of the game which was just in Japanese and translated into English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.