Hacking finished modding, but trying to play a disc asks for update

nastysoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went through this guide people told me to use, on my new black wii that was version 4.2U, afterwards i put in the Wii resort disc and it asks to update the system to play it here is a screenshot
Ybyj8.jpg

i powered off the system, but please can someone tell me what i need to do to play the disc?

This is the guide I used, it was pretty bad Visit My Website

nastysoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a normal problem I am getting? like I said its a brand new Black wii with 4.2U on it, or have I screwed things up?

nastysoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sdo have neogamma as an app, but when i launch it, it jsut black screens, and if I run the Dsic channel to run the wii resort it asks for update, I'll try priloader i guess.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nastysoda said:
Is this a normal problem I am getting? like I said its a brand new Black wii with 4.2U on it, or have I screwed things up?

A brand new black Wii will not play back up discs.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SickPuppy said:
nastysoda said:

A brand new black Wii will not play back up discs.

Why is everyone assuming he is using back-ups? You probably have the right system menu for the game, just a missing IOS in that case you want to install the missing IOS. I heard if you run it through gecko it will install the needed IOS and that's the end of that
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
He's not using a backup
The update prompt wouldn't probably even come up then ...

Anyway, you can use Priiloader or StartPatch to block the update. Or you can run the game with Gecko OS and let that install the essential part of the update only.

Other than that, I doubt doing the update will brick the wii, but better safe than sorry
tongue.gif

nastysoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a horrible guide When modding this and nothing is woring as it should, would it be safe to run through your guy;s guide all over again? or could that mess things up? everything after installing the homebrew channel,. cause that seems to work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1