Finding "romc" compressor...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Modder, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Modder
    OP

Modder Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Hi.

I'd been playing around with custom virtual console making for the Wii since 2015, and most of the games I have injected thus far have pretty much worked fine. However, a few of them that I wanted to inject I couldn't because, well, the game I wanted to inject was bigger than the game inside the wad.

But then I saw a thread on here about something called "romc" which can supposedly compress/decompress Nintendo 64 roms so it can "fit" inside the wad file. Incidentally, the games I wanted to inject are for the N64. But both download links in that thread are broken.

Does anyone have this file anymore? Or is it lost to the sands of time?

2. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    romc

That's not how it is, replacing a rom bigger than the source has never been an issue, unless it's an unsupported size by the emulator.
    The compression in later N64 VC titles as well as other VC platforms is required to get the game recognized. I've used romc + wszst with no problems. You must edit the title ID in the rom's header to the base rom to avoid a crash when opening the home menu, I think this only applies to the last few releases.