ROM Hack RELEASE Final Fantasy VII: A New Threat [Switch Version]

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with some of the PC mods is that they modify the ff7.exe and I'm not sure how to apply that to the switch version. I couldn't get the .nsp to extract properly.

ashtonmachchine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Has anyone been able to inject avatar .tex files into the Menu.us.lgp and have them show up? Ive tried it and nothing changes in game....
By the way Cottonmouse, are you able to upload your mod pack yet?

Cheers guys

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not every forum cares about copyright rules as much. But I will give it a benefit of the doubt.
Yeah Qhimm is definitely strict upon copyright material they don't even allow ported texture models among their mods. Everything has to be made by scratch to get an ok with them.

Reactions: linuxares

Fewtch22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE
firefox_mKubDmVwVH.png

TL;DR: The nameless files extracted from lgp are tex files in disguise, just sort by size and rename the largest to .tex. Export as PNG & re-insert as PNG using this tool: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17755.0, remove extension and repack using this tool: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujbsxgiufstrs1p/ulgp_v1.2.1.7z?dl=0

Friendly reminder to not insert anything over 512 as it will not load.

Flevel.lgp (where field files are stored) is encoded and we cannot change anything there yet. This includes adding Remako so please stop asking, though I applaud the enthusiasm, I'm right there with you.https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujbsxgiufstrs1p/ulgp_v1.2.1.7z?dl=0

Last edited by Fewtch22,

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh that explains a lot. I was trying to port over the reunion mod from 7th Heaven and after I unpacked the iro and tried to unpack the mods flevel file, it gave me weird chunk files.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The first modded game in my Switch. The pack by @Ryft worked perfectly on ReiNX.

And holy hell are the battles harder!

On the other hand, don't you guys think that this looks better than FFIX, both unmodded?

MrEffler22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you guys have heard about Project Omnislash but its a total HD overhaul of the entire game done by me and a ton of other very talented modders from our team. I'm looking to convert this massive project of ours over to be playable on the nintendo switch. For anyone interested in helping me do this add me on discord at MrEffler22#5495 whoever assists me with this i'll gladly share our project with you so you can enjoy this massive remaster on your own switch. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: goth2191

keegokahgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just dropping in to say thank you to @cottonMOUSE for sharing this release in Switch-format - tried Ryft's mod pack as well, and everything works great with the exception of the framerates tanking due to the chaOS models in populated field areas (made it to Junon).

Can't find much info doing a quick browse of the New Threat documentation and Qhimm release thread, but are sources working as they should? I'm not getting +5 per source point, as it seems each one still increases stats by 1 (unless it's invisible, somehow)

Edit: Something must have broke between starting a new game with just NT and copying over Ryft's pack (which has NT) after the point where source points become a thing because instead of 5 sources + the bonus sources you're supposed to get, I only get 1 of each and 1 or 2 extra, which made me think that each source was supposed to be worth 5 stat points. Replaying now with just NT and no other mods on a fresh save, if it's still the same then this means NT won't exactly work as intended seeing as how source points are broken (currently trying to run through Midgar again)

Last edited by keegokahgo,

NuadaXXX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have the battle textures @717p and no crash that is a 30% downsize from orginal 1k "AVALANCHE ARISEN STEAM" pack with irfanview and with +25-30 sharpness - Gamma 1.0 - Color -5 <-> -10 / then i look nerly identical, a bit sharper but i like that because it make the switch aa shit lesser visable.

1. Get "AVALANCHE ARISEN STEAM" pack
2. use TexTool_0.10 and do all that stuff to a .png and resize
3. use again TexTool_0.10 and make it back to .tex but do not name it .tex
4. download ChaOS lgp-Installer-1-1-72-1550928662
5.open ChaOS lgp-Installer-1-1-72-1550928662 and after the program has filled the battle.lpg folder delete all in it. (
to be sure)
6. do all ur resized files to the battle.lgp folder
7. and ur battle.lgp to 0_lgp_In
8. click lgp_edit.bat push N (no) Enter + P Enter
9. wait 5+ sec close the program and use ur working battle.lpg in the 0_lgp_Out Folder!

PS: i have made that with my own files not with here linked NT+ and all that stuff, they are bugged, cant be fully extracted with other programs like TouphScript.

Best is use all this Character shit not (only Color), this make only 1. shit fps, 2 looks shit,3 crash nice upscale grafik mods.

we need only battle backgrounds /fields/magic/ and menu upscale and the game is perfect. (Best is, Everyone should concentrate on that better. or we see never in the live from us a fully working version without 7h)

i think not that the switch has enough ram for more. if i load only 1 zone with the 1k textures is do work... so the resulution is not the problem more the .lpg is to big to load for the switch ram.

if i use my steam edition with selfmade mods all that exist, then i go up to 7gb ram usage that is to mutch for the aali driver and/or engine ....... and the FFVII start lagging on my system (and i can play Metro Exodus4k60SLI with the .exe mod.)
so its normal that the game will crash. in my opinion

Last edited by NuadaXXX,
Reactions: MrEffler22

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol