ROM Hack RELEASE Final Fantasy VII: A New Threat [Switch Version]

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey , so this might be a dumb question so il apologize in advance, i just got the switch and purchased ff7 : )

1: Does my switch need to be hacked for this to work?
2: How would I go upon apply the mods?

Thanks in advance!!!
Of course your switch needs to be hacked

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I would just go ahead and share a few of the mods mentioned by @cottonMOUSE (thanks for sharing the mod layout!) This archive contains the following mods:

New Threat
ChaOS
Anxious Heart .ogg OST

Extract to atmosphere\titles or sxos\titles. This is for the English version. No idea how to change it for other languages, sorry.

https://mega.nz/#!dg0QAC4I!mu0ffBVT968d2Ga_nx8Qa5LkyB_o2WJqo8FgoxJu6kI

Last edited by Ryft,

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the Switch version music based on PS1 recordings? So what does Anxious Hearts even do for it?

From the project's page on qhimm:

5996c2304d.png

Higher quality + personal favorite orchestral versions/fan-made arrangements for specific tracks.

Risteing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is a motivation to get FFVII on the Switch instead of playing on my always trusted PSP.
For now I'm gonna test the pack @Ryft posted with the retraslation one.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing through Midgar with Ryft's pack. I think the Chaos models might actually be stressing the Switch, in certain areas of the field (not battle) with many characters you get really low frames. Kinda surprising given how basic the models look. I think I'll take the slowdown over SD chars, but still worth noting.

Fewtch22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I already have an existing save point. If I load that save, will the New Thread mod be activated?
I would start a new game, because you very likely to run into some problems with incompatability. If not now, then definitely down the line.

Risteing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Playing through Midgar with Ryft's pack. I think the Chaos models might actually be stressing the Switch, in certain areas of the field (not battle) with many characters you get really low frames. Kinda surprising given how basic the models look. I think I'll take the slowdown over SD chars, but still worth noting.
You can try using Freebird and overclock the Switch just what is needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols