ROM Hack RELEASE Final Fantasy VII: A New Threat [Switch Version]

Eddy22m

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any change HD Texture mods can work on switch? I saw very pretty ones for FF9. on that note, what about FF9 modding? Thanks!!

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Renaming the system language file to your desired language should make the trick, don’t have the folder at hand to check though... For example if your system is looking for lang_fr just take the lang_en and rename it to lang_fr
This won't make layeredfs load the mod correctly though

cottonMOUSE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.furaffinity.net
XP
Country
United States
For those asking for extra mods, my personal setup is now...
  • New Threat
  • ChaOS
  • NinoStyle Battle Models
  • Anxious Heart Complete OST
  • Character voices when attacking
  • Pixel art portraits
I'm at a convention this weekend but I'll upload my layeredfs for this (and anything else I think to add) as soon as I'm home .

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those asking for extra mods, my personal setup is now...
  • New Threat
  • ChaOS
  • NinoStyle Battle Models
  • Anxious Heart Complete OST
  • Character voices when attacking
  • Pixel art portraits
I'm at a convention this weekend but I'll upload my layeredfs for this (and anything else I think to add) as soon as I'm home .
And is there ANY way to make this work with other languages?

NuadaXXX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And is there ANY way to make this work with other languages?

if he release the files and u can patch all the .lgp´automatic with the lgp-installer 2min then do it work for every Languages, if he release only the final eng.patched .lgp files then its more to do and its not fast possible.

Last edited by NuadaXXX,

NightTimeNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gosh no, a few of us (myself and @AnalogMan for example) make the layeredfs layouts, but there's really no conversion per se as it's just the Windows version.
well why is no one posting anything. i mean can we get some links to the completed ones for layered fs? thats what i means people keep listing all the mods theyve converted and or are using but dont tell where they are or post them anywhere. and i cant find a guide anywhere so im a tad confused to say the least.

cottonMOUSE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.furaffinity.net
XP
Country
United States
well why is no one posting anything. i mean can we get some links to the completed ones for layered fs? thats what i means people keep listing all the mods theyve converted and or are using but dont tell where they are or post them anywhere. and i cant find a guide anywhere so im a tad confused to say the least.
Well I'm at a convention this weekend! But I'm going to be posting stuff up when I get home?

NightTimeNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm at a convention this weekend! But I'm going to be posting stuff up when I get home?
oh cool. okay. have fun at your convention. how easy is it to convert these really? i mean you said the file system is pretty much the same. but i dont quite know how all this is done but id like to try. especially with a big graphical overhaul. Like remako hd if someones not already doing it or og fields that mod looks amazing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh yeah and have fun at your con

Fewtch22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find the Anxious Heart audio mod. The original thread was closed with no working links.
It can be found in the iro file when you download music mods through 7th heaven. You will have to use 7th heaven to unpack it. The files it unpacks can go directly on your SD in the music_ogg folder

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be found in the iro file when you download music mods through 7th heaven. You will have to use 7th heaven to unpack it. The files it unpacks can go directly on your SD in the music_ogg folder

Thanks for the info! Also, anyone know how to properly extract the .nsp of FF7? I've tried it with hactool and I have the keys.prod file but it keeps saying "failed to match key."

ryoma1231

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey , so this might be a dumb question so il apologize in advance, i just got the switch and purchased ff7 : )

1: Does my switch need to be hacked for this to work?
2: How would I go upon apply the mods?

Thanks in advance!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol