ROM Hack RELEASE Final Fantasy VII: A New Threat [Switch Version]

ChronoKid29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DISREGUARD THE EARLIER POSTS USE THE ONES LINKED BELOW

I didn't make any of these mods. I only brought them to the Switch.Here are 2 builds the newest New Threat1.5 and New Threat 2.09991 I changed the avatars to more closely resemble the chibi models. As well as all the changes I made in the 2.0995 build. I hope everyone enjoys them.

Thanks for the good work but wondering, Is there a working version of 1.5 or 2.09 without the avatar change? Seems a lot of the links were dead

Thanks,
ChronoKid

Ssingledad7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the good work but wondering, Is there a working version of 1.5 or 2.09 without the avatar change? Seems a lot of the links were dead

Thanks,
ChronoKid
Look at my post on page 21. I can make a small menu_us.lgp with original avatars for you if you would like. That post has updated 1.5 and 2.09991 builds.

ChronoKid29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at my post on page 21. I can make a small menu_us.lgp with original avatars for you if you would like. That post has updated 1.5 and 2.09991 builds.

Thsnk you so much for the response! The dream would be to go as far as possible towards my favorite PC setup I have come up with on Switch

Which would be

1. The Nino HD character and NPC.models (not the Chibi's - I really dislike everything chibi - no offense)
2. Either the Bonez Avatars or Remake style avatars
3. Symphonic soundtrack
4. Sasuki Yatoshi mod
5. Upgraded video cut scenes with non chibis

And any other graphical upgrades, but essentially those upgrades.

I Don't understand the difference between how the 7th Heaven mod manager works vs the Switch set-up so its frustrating...have been just trying to make do with whatever has been uploaded already but haven't found a version anywhere close to the PC

Based on aiming for that, is there anything online already that approximates that dream 1.5 or 2.09 or is that something you could do or point me in the right direction towards?

Thanks again for any help

-Chronokid

intellettuanale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hiya

I've been playing with getting some of the FF7 Mods working on the Switch version, and New Threat (arguably one of the more involved and comprehensive mods) seems to be working great!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-) 100+ new bosses and enemies, with every story boss given a new set of moves and AI
-) About 40 or so 'unique' models made for enemies using in-game monster parts; we got a robot dragon in there somewhere
-) Quick but rewarding random encounters coupled with longer tougher boss fights
-) An Extra Battle added to the Battle Square that's a bit like the Monster Arena in FFX
-) Some new thingies like extra save points, merchants, and the option to skip the lengthier cutscenes and flashback sequences to make the game go by a bit smoother
-) Extra end-game boss fights to unlock Lv4 Limits and Ultimate Weapons as well as the option to change party leaders from the Operations Room once the party has reached the bottom of North Cave (or North Cavity as the cool kids are saying nowadays)
-) Fixed the age-old 'perfect game' dilemma of whether to use the third battery or not
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note the following fundamental truths:
  1. I didn't write this mod, and cannot support it/troubleshoot it
  2. The original author has no interest in a Non-PC version and thus will not support/troubleshoot this
Having said that, it seems as though the Switch version of the game is so much the same as the PC version that it will even load the Steam versions executable without issue, so any guides for FF7NT should work fine.

If there's any interest in FF7 The Reunion, I'm also going to attempt to get that one working too.

Drop the following in your layeredfs location and enjoy!
https://mega.nz/#!XwonUIaD!-hiACHCPq6UZO-JbFT6_qitavghbXq-9uCd2yQmZli4
The link is down.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TheGeez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weird question: Has anyone tried making a Tsunamods version of FFVII? I'd like to play it with the mods installed, like Echo-S and Cetra Project. Would it be posible to add mods like these?

CallMeMarc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to go back to the original character models out of battle? I deleted the file in the field folder which did the job, but then the game will crash when entering the reactor at the start of the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol