Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed, not only the project is huge, but also the team is pretty small right now. That's why I'd like to invite capable translators with enough free time and will to help translate the game. Basically:

-People with good understanding of both Japanese and English, able to perfectly follow the events of the game and think of a good translation (localization) for them.
-People with enough free time to carry out part of the project: translating about 100 Kb of text per month should be enough to fiinish the project in a reasonable span of time.
-(OPTIONAL)People familiarized with the game itself, or other installments of the Final Fantasy saga.

To give an idea of the current state of the project, there are only 2 active translators in the team. The entire main scenario of the game (that is, the story text: cutscenes, NPC's, etc... Everything but menus) has been perfectly extraced to simple, editable and reinsertable TXT files.
There are 980 TXT files making a total of 3MB's of text.
If you do the maths, you'll find that, as it is right now, the entire project can take more than 2 years. That's why more help is needed.

Anyway, here is an example TXT to be translated:

http://pastebin.com/AGcg0ZNx

It is 180 Kb so it would be ok to do it in almost 2 months.
The translator's job is just edit TXT's like that one, providing a good English localization

Anyway, if someone's interested, please contact me on skype (skybladecloud).
Regards:

Sky.

Reactions: KiEgon

Tanner_Strife

"The Romantic Heavysword"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, not only the project is huge, but also the team is pretty small right now. That's why I'd like to invite capable translators with enough free time and will to help translate the game. Basically:

-People with good understanding of both Japanese and English, able to perfectly follow the events of the game and think of a good translation (localization) for them.
-People with enough free time to carry out part of the project: translating about 100 Kb of text per month should be enough to fiinish the project in a reasonable span of time.
-(OPTIONAL)People familiarized with the game itself, or other installments of the Final Fantasy saga.

To give an idea of the current state of the project, there are only 2 active translators in the team. The entire main scenario of the game (that is, the story text: cutscenes, NPC's, etc... Everything but menus) has been perfectly extraced to simple, editable and reinsertable TXT files.
If you do the maths, you'll find that, as it is right now, the entire project can take more than 2 years. That's why more help is needed.

The translator's job is just edit TXT's like that one, providing a good English localization

Regards:

Sky.

So,i'm wondering if people are allowed to translate to the extent they know and re-upload what they managed to translate,like for example any of those katakana words would be simple for me just the kanji would be a little overboard with my skillset. i guess what i'm asking is wether or not you'd mind if i could translate what i'm able to,or if you wanted the whole thing translated at once not in portions.also,i think if the basic words are translated it'll make it easier for the translator to know which variation of kanji they're looking at,since i know they each can have a few meanings.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, that would deppend on how many people are willing to help, ideally, 5 independant translators would be the best. And I say independat because each TXT is a separeated portion of the game, which is an advantage, as the work wouldn't overlap.

Tanner_Strife

"The Romantic Heavysword"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that would deppend on how many people are willing to help, ideally, 5 independant translators would be the best. And I say independat because each TXT is a separeated portion of the game, which is an advantage, as the work wouldn't overlap.

well,i'm willing to put in some time translating that,but i'm really the only one i've got when it comes to intermediate level translators.

Reactions: earlynovfan

Marcus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So

Regards:

Sky.

I assume using translator's from the web won't do? Bing translated all that in English when I clicked on it, I don't know what the original looks like.

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're looking for people with knowledge of written Japanese, especially kanji, to help. And as Sky said, free time is a must. You can volunteer all you want, but if you can't set aside time to work on it, then we'll find someone else.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So

I assume using translator's from the web won't do? Bing translated all that in English when I clicked on it, I don't know what the original looks like.

The original meaning and context can easily be lost since Japanese would look like Yoda speak. Therefore we not only need a translation but to make it sound like how one would speak in english while also retaining the original meaning trying to be conveyed and some words in the JP language can mean something completely different if misinterpreted. A mere web translator is far too inaccurate.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Setting it straight u HAVE to know how to read Kanji and u HAVE to be knowledgeable about the english language and how they would speak normaly (and maybe how they would speak in such an environment). It would just hinder the team, if they have to reread every little thing after every translation. That's why there shouldn't be more than 5 and that's why they should be able to do the translations independently. What stil the individuals write in is a thing, that the translators can speak about.
Sky, if u didn't do it allready, write excactly what u, we and the team need in ur Starting-Post. Then people know, what the Team needs. Sounds good to me but the decision is urs^^. But if u did allready nvm that part xD

Reactions: SkyBladeCloud

Aurian23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm really glad this project is around and I look forward to working with everyone as one of the translators for the project. Also, for translators that are "not to confident" in his/her knowledge of kanji, there are plenty of ways to find a specific character based on knowing what characters make up that specific kanji. However, it's easier to know as many kanji as possible and I only recommend this method for referencing.

Reactions: earlynovfan

Kirdax

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Regards:

Sky.
i just translated that come on i added u on skype, took me 1 min to translate it though :D

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just translated that come on i added u on skype, took me 1 min to translate it though :D

gilgamesh_isn__t_convinced____by_nsrsm-d4oz4og.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol