Final Fantasy Trading Card Game coming to North America and Europe

FinalFantasyTCGLogo.JPG

Square Enix has announced that their trading card game based on the Final Fantasy series will be coming west starting on October 28, 2016. The Final Fantasy Trading Card Game, abbreviated "FFTCG", has been available for over six years in Japan, and has 15 expansion sets which include over 2,000 cards to collect. The first set that will be released outside of Japan is going to be called "Opus 1", and will feature 216 cards. More details are in the press release below.

The FINAL FANTASY Trading Card Game is the result of a close collaboration between Hobby Japan and Square Enix. Designed by former TCG Pro player Taro Kageyama and Shota Yasooka,, the game received high praise for its perfect blend of strategy, luck and fast-paced gameplay making it very versatile and appealing to all kinds of audiences. The European edition will come fully localised into English, French, German, Spanish and Italian* and benefit from reworked visuals and improved balance.

The first set, entitled Opus 1, will feature 216 cards with iconic designs from highly acclaimed artists including Tetsuya Nomura, Yoshitaka Amano and Akihiko Yoshida, covering nearly 30 years of FINAL FANTASY. FINAL FANTASYVII REMAKE, DISSIDIA, and WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY will make their debut in Opus I. Each card of Opus I will also exist in a premium “foil” version, making this set a must have for all the collectors out there.

Opus 1, the first set from the FINAL FANTASY TRADING CARD GAME, will be available in major video-game chains as well as hobby stores on 28thOctober 2016. Organised play will also be supported in the months following the release.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox
:arrow: Official Site

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol