Final Fantasy IV Released on iOS, game trailer hints to other games

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love it, except for the linearity of it. It has great pacing, but towards the last half or third, you start to realize you don't have a choice where to go... and there's nothing to explore that wasn't there for you to go to. It's like everything was optimized just enough for the story, and after that, nothing.

The PSP port was good (and the best if you ask me)
The PSP versions have that ugly RPG-maker-esque feel to the graphics and gameplay for me... and such ugly fonts D: I could never get into their style, I guess :/

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I love it, except for the linearity of it. It has great pacing, but towards the last half or third, you start to realize you don't have a choice where to go... and there's nothing to explore that wasn't there for you to go to. It's like everything was optimized just enough for the story, and after that, nothing.

The PSP versions have that ugly RPG-maker-esque feel to the graphics and gameplay for me... and such ugly fonts D: I could never get into their style, I guess :/

Polished RPG Maker feel

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all fairness FFIV is a really good Final Fantasy game.
No one's denying that, we're pointing out Square Enix's stupidity for releasing the five-thousandth port of this game that's been released on every portable device. The graphics are the same, the story is the same, the music is the same, maybe a slight graphical overhaul now and then; they can only release it so many times, now it's become anathema to us all.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Remakes? More like iOS ports of the Advance games or worse PS1 Anthology ports. A great way to celebrate FFV's 20th Anniversary I'm sure.
Actually the DS version is a full-on remake, and quite well done.

Hardly any of you guys are excited about that tease at FFV :(
After enough times of getting blue-balled, you learn to not get excited in the first place.

Call me when the game's actually out.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the DS version is a full-on remake, and quite well done.

After enough times of getting blue-balled, you learn to not get excited in the first place.

Call me when the game's actually out and released for non-iOS devices

EDIT
Fixed that for ya, Final Fantasy V should be released for the 3DS instead of having IV remade

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want a remake of a DS game that was just a remake of an older game on the 3DS?

Or you wouldn't be so mad over it being constantly remade/ported if it was a 3DS port/remake?

God no wonder they keep porting/remaking it.

Meant to say they should remake a game that HASN'T been remade. I said Final Fantasy V not IV.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
To remove some confusion I will explain some stuff about this game.
Final Fantasy IV was released for the Snes and was known as Final Fantasy II in the US.
It was later released for the playstation 1. (This was no remake it was a port or emulated version of a re-translated "FFIV-ROM" in a nice software package with some special features.)
The GBA version was not really a remake, It was more like a port of the original much like how Super Mario World were ported.
It had original remakes for WonderSwan Color, PSP and NDS.
The iOS version is a port of the NDS remake with a new UI for touch controls. (Dont expect anything new if you have the NDS version)

I love this game and I think that the GBA & PSP versions are the best ones out there.
Personally I think we had enough remakes and re-releases of this game.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
I really wonder how they decide to do it with FFV.. NDS style or PSP style? Or maybe PSX port style :D haha

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
We had more than enough Final Fantasy 1-4 remake.
I understand that Square Enix do not want to do a remake of FF7 now, but what about FF5 and 6.

3DS and Vita are more than enough strong to handle these remakes,
and I think everybody already got tired of these games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1