CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As the thread title suggests, what jobs composed of your main party?

My party as follows:
- Dark Knight
- Deals massive damage for me
- Great defense
- Effective against dividing enemies
- Geomancer
- Deals massive damage
- Note, I HATE Whirlpool
- Has some really sweet moves
- Summoner
- Has some nice summons
- I just spent a little bit of time getting Levithan and Bahamut
- Sage
- Does both black magic and white magic
- Okay MP

I occasionally switch between the Summoner and the Dragoon when I realize I'm facing a bunch of flying enemies. I was surprised though when I noticed 3/4 members of my party are casters. I usually love physical parties, but the party I'm using now causes massive damage so I can't argue with the results.

Anyways, what parties do you guys use?

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Onion Knight
-for fun
Sage
-black and white magic
-Summoner
for those summons
-Stripper
makes tons of gil

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Onion Knight X4. But I have every job mastered to level 99 (split amongst characters) so I would say the next best choice would be Black Belt, Dark Knight, Magnus, Devout. Something like that.

CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Onion Knight X4. But I have every job mastered to level 99 (split amongst characters) so I would say the next best choice would be Black Belt, Dark Knight, Magnus, Devout. Something like that.

That must of took a while to get them all to 99, you sure got some time on your hands
tongue.gif

Heito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a Monk, BlackMage/Geomancer, WhiteMage and Dark Knight for most of the game. But in the end I had a Ninja, Summoner, Devout and Knight.

Sage didn't cut it for me because of summons being toned down and black magic seemed to suck a bit.

Heito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sages can use ALL magic, highest level black and white and also summons. While Red Mages can use up to level 3 Black and white (I think)

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just getting into the game (was a gift) and am at lv18 and doing pt2 against that gustgo guy or whatever his name is when he turns into that damned fire dragon looking thing. Have a warrior, b and w mages, and a monk. I went for the classic party.
wink.gif
When I get more abilities i'll keep it fairly similar since most the token jobs are either crap or you can do without. I'll take all those 4's upgrades which I guess is the knight->dknight? and then the rest is the magus, devout, and black belt. I am considering testdriving the ninja and dragoon when the time comes.

Oh and as far as the Sega/Red Mage go, they're like the ghetto 'dual spell' hitter type where you get both the light and the darkness far as magics go. The problem is you never get them all (up to lv5) with the red mage, or with the sage the spells are noticably less potent and your MP is crap so you can't use as much before it's gone.

One thing I never got in this one or 5 much with the jobs are why so many when some are just laughably crap or well those you really can live without as they have a special thing or two about em but really don't make it much worth it unless you're a bored replayer a lot and want variety.

CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The reason I use a Sage instead of one Devout and one Magus is because I don't like the fact that I'm taking up half of the party when I can only use up one slot of the party. The worst part is if you lose the Sage in battle you lose both white magic and black magic. This won't happen if you have a Devout and Magus.

coops024

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mines:

Warrior - for the advance attack skill (more oftan than not get 9999 hit with that)
Black Mage -All types of elemental attack magic so doesnt matter who I fight
White Mage - Can revive party members if they get killed due to a lucky crit or teamed up on
Sage - Can also revive if party member (or white mage) gets killed.

Had a go with some of the others but nothing seemed to fit well
wink2.gif

Also just wondering if anyone knows answers to the following ?

Q: I'm at the crystal tower, is that the final part of the game ?

Q: Whats the Onion Knight job ? (I know how to get it just not got a friend code to send to atm)

Q: Is the rate at which your stats go up dependant on Job type ? and whats the best Job for that ?

Q: are there any more quests you can get by using the moognet thing ? (ive only sent to npc's atm)

Thanks to anyone who can help !

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ I answered your other post for those questions.

Right now I'm using:

Dark Knight
Dragoon
Barefisted Lv.99 Monk
White Mage

As you can see, me lika da melee.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Onion Knight X4. But I have every job mastered to level 99 (split amongst characters) so I would say the next best choice would be Black Belt, Dark Knight, Magnus, Devout. Something like that.

That must of took a while to get them all to 99, you sure got some time on your hands
tongue.gif

Watch some tv shows or movies and pushing A was all it took, got 83 hours on the clock, pretty good considering I max out the clock on all the other FF's I played.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mines:

Warrior - for the advance attack skill (more oftan than not get 9999 hit with that)
Black Mage -All types of elemental attack magic so doesnt matter who I fight
White Mage - Can revive party members if they get killed due to a lucky crit or teamed up on
Sage - Can also revive if party member (or white mage) gets killed.

Had a go with some of the others but nothing seemed to fit wellÂ
wink2.gif

Also just wondering if anyone knows answers to the following ?

Q: I'm at the crystal tower, is that the final part of the game ?

Q: Whats the Onion Knight job ? (I know how to get it just not got a friend code to send to atm)

Q: Is the rate at which your stats go up dependant on Job type ? and whats the best Job for that ?

Q: are there any more quests you can get by using the moognet thing ? (ive only sent to npc's atm)

Thanks to anyone who can help !

1) Crystal Tower is the 2nd to last dungeon of the game. You get warped by jumping after the cloud of darkness into another world as the last dungeon.

2) Onion Knight job is unlocked through sending messages and mailing Toppapa and saving the kids. They can use all black/white magic and have ridiculous stat increases when they go over level 95. By the time my characters were level 99, using the OK job makes all stats 99. If they are paired with Onion equipment (every one of my characters has 2 onion swords, onion armor, onion gauntlet but I have NEVER found an onion helmet and I already have around 70-80 onion shields), they are unstoppable. To give you an example, when I put one of my characters in the backrow with onion armor, onion gauntlet, 2x onion shields and I can defeat the iron giant with just one character....why? Doesn't matter if he gets 4 moves per turn, meteor does 0 damage and so do all his physical attacks. This is an endgame job though if you want to go all the way basically and it's called overkill.

3) Yes your base stats go up according to different job specific stat bonuses. The real one to care about is vitality to increase your hp and I black belts are the best for that if you want 9999 hp (which I didn't find that useful).

4) Legendary Smith is basically the only thing worthwhile. Details are at www.gamefaqs.com. I was kind of bummed out you can't get more than 1 reward for multiple jobs mastered (like my 4 OK's).

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about Monks. I see when barefisted that attack score goes up quite a bit, but why is it he hits worse than when some claws on with a lower score? I got him around lv20 at the moment and with a sonic claw and one of those just below it...bronze or something and he'll do a bit more with them. Seems odd to me since I often see suggestions even in guides saying barefisted is best.

There some breakpoint where it switches over to barehanding being nicer?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there will be a certain job level where you will start doing good damage with a monk's bare hands (what they're known for). But you have to get past that level first so that your stats exceed the claw weapons. Because those have set attack points where as your natural stats grow on bare fists as your job level increases.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While Attacking, Monks and Black Belts actually have a bonus factored into their damage calculation if they don't have a weapon equipped. It may take a few job levels to see more damage than equipping claws, but soon the difference will be obvious.

Moneo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Knight (excalibur+ragnarok, lalalala. Massive defence, too)

Ninja (can use masamune, can throw things)

Devout (better agility, intellect and mind than a sage)

Summoner (though it's just more efficient to use 'guard' with this guy when fighting regular monsters, meh. Quite useful against bosses, though)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1