Final Fantasy 4 The After Years website and screens

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last year, Square Enix made a cellphone sequel to Final Fantasy 4 called Final Fantasy 4 The After. It was Japan only for a while until they recently announced that they were porting the game to WiiWare for the US release. There are now new English screenshots and the official US website has launched. Here are the screens-

ffiv_after-6.jpg

ffiv_after-5.jpg

ffiv_after-4.jpg

WTF Kain? Being an asshole again eh?
ffiv_after-3.jpg

ffiv_after-2.jpg

ffiv_after-1.jpg

Besides looking a bit like a widescreen RPG Maker game, perhaps it will be somewhat decent. Check out the website for some info.

http://na.square-enix.com/ff4ay/

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks so RPG Maker VX but since it's a SE game and Final Fantasy I expect it to have the gameplay and plot to back up the generic graphics. This should have been a full DSiware game instead of Wiiware but I own a Wii anyway so it's not a problem.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually wouldn't mind SNES graphics being a retro-lover. Could be like Megaman 9. The problem is that it's using half-assed graphics from the GBA version of FF4 and they've edited them rather hastily.

For the record, I think that Final Fantasy 14 should be released for WiiWare in 8-bit style like Megaman 9. More retro sequels taking a step BACK in graphics FTW! Anyone with me? (of course not, I'm all alone)

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually like the graphics, seeing as I'm a user of RPG Maker myself. The castle doors don't match, as they're really bright and stands out too much. I guess the reason why they went with this is because they wanted to keep it FF4 SNES style.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pimpmynintendo said:
To those who are complaining about the graphics don't forget that this is basically a port of a CELL PHONE game.

No excuse Front Mission 2089 BOM was much better graphically than this and the game is a cell phone port for the DS.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
To those who are complaining about the graphics don't forget that this is basically a port of a CELL PHONE game.

No excuse Front Mission 2089 BOM was much better graphically than this and the game is a cell phone port for the DS.
Ummmm if you are comparing the DS version to this Wii's version of course there will be a big difference. Front Mission 2089 for the DS got a visual overhaul and looks way better than it did on the cell phone, whereas this game does not because it didn't really get improved upon graphically so you shouldn't even compare the two.

BTW I'm a huge FF4 fan that is glad enough to even be able to get the chance to play it in a language i can understand(still waiting on a chance to play some Hanjuku Hero in english
mad.gif
)

Doc.X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ granville

The 4 player description entails that while playing single player mode during a fight you can assign players 2 - 4 with a character so they can fight alongside you. To do this you go into the menu and select SETTINGS , within SETTINGS there is CONTROLLER ASSIGHNMENT and there is where you assighn players 2-4 with the chracters in your party to take control of.Dont know why theyd have that but its an option

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol