FFVII Remake Screenshots revealed at Monaco Anime Game International Conferences

Capture.JPG

During the 3rd edition of Monaco Anime Game International Conferences (MAGIC) organized by Shibuya Productions at Grimaldi Forum Monaco today, exclusive footage of the fabled Final Fantasy VII Remake was shown:

16715980_1533410050027082_3178558417040319711_o.jpg

16825888_1533410123360408_6304551654019230019_o.jpg

We will update the post if more footage/info is revealed during the event about the game. But we can rest assured that the remake is indeed a reality!

:arrow: SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to make a FF remake:
Upres the graphics
Build an ATB battle system in Unreal Engine
redo the textures in HD
Re-animate the cutscenes
Tell the exact same story
Keep the mechanics the same (update some of them for accessibility and aged mechanics)

What is square doing? none of this.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They wouldn't need to. SquareEnix already has Final Fantasy XIV players paying a subscription ($15/month), for expansions ($40), for fanfests ($30 for stream), AND for "optional content" with prices reaching $30.

SquareEnix apparently feels a mount ($30) is equal to 3/4 the cost of the newest expansion ($40).

Gotta pay for dem custom made $400,000 Final Fantasy XV Audi R8s somehow.
You... haven't played a MMO before have you? Haven't you seen WoW's prices for mounts?

http://puu.sh/u8YDc/96bff766cb.jpg

This is a case of the prices being inherited, and these mounts don't even include their own theme songs, half can't even fly, and most are just non-nonsensical wherein all of XIV's are lore related stuff you'd never ride otherwise (Sleipnir - Odin's horse; Red Comet - Nero's unit; White Devil - Luvia's unit) and come with music attached (not personally sure if they're the actual related themes as I don't own them).

I ain't saying it's great, but for what it's worth the most expensive mount is the two man moogle mount . Most are $24 or less.

Charging fairly large amounts for fancy unique mounts is nothing new in MMOs. It's not like Runescape charges about $23 for a pet (and over $30 for a discontinued one considering there's no 'clean' price for it). Hell, I didn't look in detail but found Everquest charges **roughly** $19.50 for a mount, and that's an old game. (Editted in roughly since they give more Cash-Points the more you spend).

Acting ignorant that this has been around since EVERQUEST of all things, and they still charge absurd prices for such a horribly detailed model/sprite at that, is just being spiteful. Yes, the prices are high, but that's a matter of history. Want to hate anyone for it? Start with the Everquest developers.

Last edited by VartioArtel,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Pluupy
I guess they don't really need to care, but eventually, when the fanbase has been alienated and everyone is making classic FF's in RPG Maker that are more popular than current SqueezEdix FF's, maybe the greed will make them realize, 'Wow, that's what fans wanted, a classic turn-based RPG with great graphics and a good story.....like we used to do, that pushed so many of our games to best-sellers.'

I can't wait for that FF XV Progessive insurance DLC to get better rates to save money; after 25 years, it pays for itself!

Reactions: DarthDub

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The only thing i hate about this remake is that they're cutting the game in more parts that you need to buy. Not competely sure if they were gonna cut it in to 2 parts or 3 parts.

Last edited by kumikochan,

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
All I want is the game remade with modern graphics and tightly tuned mechanics. The second screen kind of looks like that..
At first episodic annoyed me, but the original is on 3 discs and I hear that is how they are going to release the game, 1 part per disc, like the original. Either way this won't come out for years, I bet that second screen is about as far as they've got lol, i.e the start of the game.

Reactions: Prans and VinsCool

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
All I want is the game remade with modern graphics and tightly tuned mechanics. The second screen kind of looks like that..
At first episodic annoyed me, but the original is on 3 discs and I hear that is how they are going to release the game, 1 part per disc, like the original. Either way this won't come out for years, I bet that second screen is about as far as they've got lol, i.e the start of the game.
It's expected to release towards the end of 2017 (or at least the first episode anyways). :P

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That 2nd screenie looks fantastic, maybe a little too fantastic: quite a lot going on there, not sure a PS4 could handle it really ....how long off is the game?
Yeah I don't see this coming anytime soon myself, judging by these pics, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cancelled: bit too ambitious, like has been said already why not just do a remaster, it's what everyone wants after all!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Pluupy
I guess they don't really need to care, but eventually, when the fanbase has been alienated and everyone is making classic FF's in RPG Maker that are more popular than current SqueezEdix FF's, maybe the greed will make them realize, 'Wow, that's what fans wanted, a classic turn-based RPG with great graphics and a good story.....like we used to do, that pushed so many of our games to best-sellers.'

I can't wait for that FF XV Progessive insurance DLC to get better rates to save money; after 25 years, it pays for itself!
They ARE making turn based RPGs still though. Look at Bravely Default or the recently announced Project Octopath Traveler.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I liked Crisis Core a lot. I can see FF7 being played the same way. I really hope they won't sell the game in parts though. I really hope. It looks amazing.
Square Enix already said they will release it in parts.
https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-episode/undefined
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-will-be-multiple-full-sized/1100-6438387/
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-vii-remake-psx-2015-message-yoshinori-kitase

Last edited by kumikochan,

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to make a FF remake:
Upres the graphics
Build an ATB battle system in Unreal Engine
redo the textures in HD
Re-animate the cutscenes
Tell the exact same story
Keep the mechanics the same (update some of them for accessibility and aged mechanics)

What is square doing? none of this.
Traversing maps was already clunky in the pseudo-2.5D style of the original game. Imagine how awful it would be if you just upscaled or re-rendered the environments and did nothing to adjust how you actually navigated an environment.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They ARE making turn based RPGs still though. Look at Bravely Default or the recently announced Project Octopath Traveler.

I meant FF. You can say 'BD is FF without the FF!' all day, but there's something that just isn't FF about it. Sure, BD has the spells, classes, items, etc; it just has a different feel with the battle system to label it as a separate entry from classic FF.
I don't know enough about P.O.T., yet--have to go to Colorado. Seriously, it looks interesting, but when will SqueezEdix shaft everyone?

What I'm getting at is the magic you felt when you played FF III-X, needs to be replenished. What they've done to this new FF VII, seems to have made Advent Children the predecessor. Fine and fair, just label it that way so fans who've been waiting for years don't feel betrayed.

Can I interest you in Half-life 3: The card game about wrenches?

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would definitely buy it ( again)

I hope this is also available for a ps vita, i don't own a ps4 or other newer systems and honestly i don't like non portable consoles too much

Makes sense though

they released crisis core around the year anniversary

FFVII was released in late January of 1997 so its been 20 years now.
I didn't play it until 2001 though

On an unrelated note people born in the year 2000 are almost going to be 18..

Last edited by Skyhigh_,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-