BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats with the sissy ass judge system? I mean, i think i might be the only one who doesnt like the new system, but listen. In FFTA, you feared he judges with the penalty of jail or stat reduction. And the Laws were respected. They made you feel like they were supposed to be followed and mede you play more strategically.
But now its like the judges have been stripped of their power and are even friendly cause you get clan privileges. Now i like that you get extra items if you follow teh law, but you can get scammed out of simple laws like "no back attack" I was doing fine under this law until i get one unit charmed and he raped me from behind. i kinda needed the bonus items but, oh well. i guess life goes on. the judge no longer slaps a yellow card over the out of place unit but like shakes his head and abandons clan for the rest of the battle. "ok, i didnt need you anyway, bitch". And what happened to the judge being part o the field? like the judges are like omnipresent forces that you never see anymore. except for clan trials that are gay. And one law isnt enough. i liked last time where you had to be on your toes all teh time to avoid the laws.

Now dont get me wrong, im enjoying the not getting punched in the nuts for one of the three laws the are circulated daily. but the judges seem like they have been downgraded to a non-respectable level.

Thoughts?

*Raises flame shield and waits*

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I agree with you all around, they really took out the impact of laws, which I really liked about FFTA.

What's worse is you have to follow the rules, but the other team doesn't. Ruins clan tourneys imo

Gian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I hate how the other team doesn't need to follow the laws.
No area attacks, so I can't use my magicks.
Then they hit me with all the magicks they have. :(

I think they downgraded the judge because alot of people complained.
They didn't like the law system, and liked the original FFTactics system.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I agree with you. Is kinda weird. Yes, the other clans also get cards (yellow or red) in FTTA, Also, i remember I was able to finish FFTA the first time using the rules at my favor (Area atacks was forbidden, my chars almost dead, can't use healing magic, and then, the boss uses a spell which reverses the laws and then i was able to heal all my chars and finish the game). The new judge system is not completely wrong, but is really hard to get trough battles without your full power, and against a full powered enemy.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Well, time for your medication, young man!!
tongue.gif
I know what you mean.. ITS SO GAY..
frown.gif

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would've been better if the other team was affected as well.
Right now it feels like they just copy / pasted the judges in this game since it's a sequal and they have to be there because it's part of its world.
Some laws are just plain silly too.
Like later on you get to face these overpowered 'mages', you're like lvl 15 and he's lvl 50. Fine, then they add the law 'Any actions that heals your unit are forbidden'.. ok,
he hits me once and does like 150 damage. By the time you can actually beat him without healing yourself, the 'reward' isn't even worth it anymore.

One law that I found extremely annoying and it's a really simple one. Is the 'Your unit must move at least 1 tile before ending its turn'. I'm used to sometimes
just choosing the wait command directly cause they don't have enough mp to do anything. I failed that one like 5 times in a row and had to keep repeating to myself
'Don't forget to move, don't forget to move, don't forget to move' all the time.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya i totally forget that you could use the laws to your favor! half the fun was deploving all bangaa units and playing a no "damage to bangaa" card against a totema.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I LOVED the old law system, it adds a bit more thrill to the game, at the tutorial about judges I just went, "WTF!? What's with the new system!?", sucks that the other team doesn't get penalized. >.>

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really don't care much about either, although I think this new lay system makes things easier sometimes than the old one. There are some pesky rules (like "no missing" or "no AoE attacks"), and it sucks that opposing clans do not follow them, but overall it's easier these days. And to think that the most bashed aspect of FFTA, besides its plot, was the law system. "This is not like FFT on the PSX", I heard "veterans" say...

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Considering the insane amount of people who bitched and whined about how UNFAIR the laws were in the first game...I guess a change was in order. Time and time again people never seemed to realize that they could easily bend the laws in their favor. I mean, they even gave you the Antilaw cards!

At least now I guess it's completely optional so more people are going to be happy. I guess. =\

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah there was more fun into screwing your opponent into breaking laws with berserk and such, and you in turn had to take precautions that the law was not used against you. The friendly additions that make the game more newb friendly actually make following laws more rewarding. If only they kept up the consequences.

It's more a crime that there's no multiplayer in either than that the law system was nerfed.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Never really liked the law system. I'd prefer something like Luminous arc 2, or Disgaea, where there aren't any rules in game.

And these two games feel much faster paced....

gillman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
Ya i totally forget that you could use the laws to your favor! half the fun was deploving all bangaa units and playing a no "damage to bangaa" card against a totema.
I don't think totema could go to jail due to the fact that they had ribbons.

They probably should have just taken judges out completely and let you just go all out, or they should have let the system remain. The main gripe I have is the general story of judges in FFTA2. While I kind of enjoyed the story after you completed the 300 missions at the end of FFTA1, the story which involved the judges in FFTA2 was just garbage. Also the quest that explained that the judges in FFTA1 and FFTA2 are not the same at all is ridiculous. It's weird that they look so much alike then. I never played FF:12 so maybe this has already been explained, but FFTA2 did an awful job of explaining the existence of judges. All it said was that Lezaford created them with magic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro