OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mentzland.co.uk
XP
Country
Italy
I'm searching for someone who can explain me how are indexed PC.idx and PC.bin in EUR version of FFTA2...
(FFTA2 editor don't work with EUR version and it's not complete even if got tons of feature... I need only to unpack/pack all the stuff)

If you're thinking "ask to Defeufeu", I reply telling that I was already ignored by him...
wink.gif

Thanks to all...
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted User

You were not ignored, I'm just busy. The archive is the same format, and all my stuff is opensource. You can unpack/repack everything using my Archive class in archive.py . With some little tweaking the editor can be adapted too. The only think having changed are the filenames for the pack of text, now there seems to be a number appended for each language.
I won't do anything about this.
Just some advice : You find some strange archive format, you can see that someone has made source available to unpack/pack it. What is the next thing to do ? (no, not to go ask him in pm or make a new topic) Just look at the source code.

Mentz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mentzland.co.uk
XP
Country
Italy
It's 2 Week that I was looking in the source code... (then I try to find some help..)

I don't understand python and this language has no a real debug such as c++, so understand pack and unpack to create a c++ version it's very difficoult...
(IMHO, source code without a little comment it's like a compiled ones... Maybe this's one of my limits)

But despite of this I'm trying over and over... (also reading a lot of docs on python site)
Thanks for your reply...

D

Deleted User

Mentz said:
It's 2 Week that I was looking in the source code... (then I try to find some help..)

I don't understand python and this language has no a real debug such as c++, so understand pack and unpack to create a c++ version it's very difficoult...
(IMHO, source code without a little comment it's like a compiled ones... Maybe this's one of my limits)

But despite of this I'm trying over and over... (also reading a lot of docs on python site)
Thanks for your reply...
ok so I think you don't realize it, but Python is one of the cleanest language on earth. The code looks really like some pseudocode.
There's no comment, but every function name is like a global comment on what it does.
so if you look the class Archive takes two files pcidx and pcbin when being initialized, it start by reading some table in tablebyids, then it calls the function build_file_system which build the file system, and so on... it's really easy

Mentz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mentzland.co.uk
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, the "sponsor" of python is what you say...
But maybe you can understand that a python-noob like me can have some problem.
(even if I currently use Delphi/C++ for work)

I'm currently studying Python...
wink.gif

(beginner level...)

Thank you very much...
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY