ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No CFW Needed Instructions:
What you need: A 3ds on any firmware version and region, FE: Fates (doesn't matter what version), a homebrew entrypoint, and JK's Save Manager
1. Download the zip attached to this post.
2. If you don't have homebrew set up yet, follow this guide to do so: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
3. Download and install this homebrew: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
4. Open the homebrew menu and launch JK's Save Manager.
5. Find your copy of Fire Emblem Fates in the menu that pops up. After selecting it and the save manager loads, select "Extra data options" then "Export". Name the output folder "Release".
6. After it completes, turn off your system, eject the sd card, and put it in your computer (or use microSD management/ftp if you want)
7. Open the "Release" folder on your sd card. Delete any file that begin with g_
8. Open the zip file from this post and navigate to the "Release" folder in the "Non-CFW" folder.
9. Merge the "Release" folder from the zip with the folder on your sd card by copying it to the same location as the "Release" folder on your sd card.
10. Put the sd card back in your 3ds and turn it on (or quit microSD management/ftp)
11. Get to the homebrew menu and launch JK's Save Manager.
12. Navigate to your copy of Fates again.
13. This time, go to Extra Data options and select "Import".
14. Select the backup named "Release" and import it.
15. Wait. This can take some time, so be patient.
16. Congrats! We're almost done. For the next part, you can either get the units by beating my castle (Address is 02149-33009-41650-34669) or moving on to step 17.
17. Download and extract the .exe for this application: https://gbatemp.net/threads/feftwiddler-fire-emblem-fates-save-editor.422439/
18. Extract the "Unit Files" folder from the zip on this post.
19. Dump your save with JK's Save Manager.
20. Open the save with FEFTwiddler (the program from step 17).
21. Go to the unit tab and click the button in the bottom righthand corner labeled "Import Unit".
22. Select any of the .fef14 files to import.
23. Import as many of the units as you wish, then save the changes.
24. Import your save.
25. Profit.

When I select "Extra Data Options", it tells me "Error opening ExtData! Title may not use it."

I do have a few DLCs, all completed, including the free Awakening one.
I can use the "Extra Data Options" for Monster Hunter Gen just fine.
Try creating an extra data save then attempting the steps.

iisilver

"The true enemy of humanity is disorder."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has someone made a combination of omegablu's and deathchaos' custom dlc for non-cfw users yet? I want to have both mikoto and the awakening kids in one save ;_;

xnoctislight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I should have explained that because I upgraded my 3ds firmware, I can't use FE Twiddler for now. :S My fault lol

Thanks for the link!

SuperIb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I saw whitewolf8's post with this link attached to it (https://imgur.com/a/4cceB) with all their knowledge on editing whatever unit with FEFTwiddler's in-app hex editor (Primarily Avatar), but I was wondering if anybody knows if you can edit facial features (i.e. face tattoo, scar, bandage, etc.) build, and face type using it and if so, where? I'm trying to edit bond units specifically so I can change those tattoos to something else. Thanks in advance!

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oh wow I'd made quite a few more mistakes with that than I'd originally imagined, well um... Hopefully with this there are less mistakes, also, yeah, new stuff.
Enjoy obsessing over character creation?
rap3oAW.jpg

...feel free to call me an idiot if something is wrong somewhere, eep.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free