ROM Hack FE Fates USA: Custom Playable Characters DLC

cercity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's what I did exactly if it's any help to anyone:

1. First I made a copy of my existing ext data just incase.
  2. Then I deleted my Fates ext data through the Settings menu.
  3. After this I started up Fates, which then prompted me to create ext data.
  4. I made a new file on my additional save slots.
  5. Then I uploaded my new ext data onto my SD card, then moved Emblem's files into it.
  6. Finally I loaded the ext data.

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...finally bothered redoing everything, Chrom and co. work perfectly, aside from Arfoire still being named Outrealmer.
...happy now ;_;...

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I won't be happy until it works 100% dammit :)
It's fine, Arfoire's name will only work on USA versions of the game because I forgot to set up the directory for her tags in a region free manner.

Basically, the way text files work is, they all go in the m directory, and depending on region/language there are subfolders.

For USA version, it's just m/@E for English, while EUR has a ton like m/@U, m/@F, etc.

Some time ago while I was testing stuff for EUR region, even though I was using all 5 languages, the names wouldn't work, so I tried something else, i tried using none of the subdirectories, meaning I threw everything on just m, and to my surprised it worked, so basically, subdirectories are just there to do language specific stuff, but if you use none of them then the file would affect all languages.

tl;dr Arfoire's name will only work on NA versions because her name file is in m/@E, while everyone else got moved down to just the m folder.

Reactions: EmblemCrossing

meiQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey DeathChaos I was wondering if you were planning on releasing a JPN version of v6.5 if not would be willing to re-upload one of the older JPN versions of the DLC

Hey, uh, I don't mean to be pushy, but, I uh think you missed my question.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hey, uh, I don't mean to be pushy, but, I uh think you missed my question.
The plan was to add a JPN one, since no previous versions have had a JPN version, but other things have simply taken priority over the JPN version CIA.

While it is a bit inconvenient, I suggest using the extdata injection method for now.

meiQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The plan was to add a JPN one, since no previous versions have had a JPN version, but other things have simply taken priority over the JPN version CIA.

While it is a bit inconvenient, I suggest using the extdata injection method for now.
Will the extdata injection work with the digital version of the game, cause I've been trying to get it to work, and it seems to just not want to.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the extdata injection work with the digital version of the game, cause I've been trying to get it to work, and it seems to just not want to.
JKSM has to be updated first. It doesn't like if's extra data for whatever reason. I've brought it up with JK_, but he hasn't said anything else on it.

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @DeathChaos25, I think you might have fixed that problem I was bugging you about with the statue caps. I noticed yesterday that after building new statues, Lissa, Chrom, and Fredrick no longer were capped in the stats corresponding to the new statues. I have no idea how you did it, but it seems to be working.

I think Mikoto might be working too, but I honestly don't remember if I capped her out before or not. Apparently @A-1 Pictures' Azura in @Omegablu's pack isn't affected by the caps either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I haven't, no.