ROM Hack FE Fates USA: Custom Playable Characters DLC

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, uh, do I still need CFW for the shared extdata to have both @Omegablu and DeathChaos25 's DLC on the same File?
No you don't. I believe you asked this question before and I answered you. :/ Look for EmblemCrossing's post which contains the ext data for both... Or you know, look in the first post for a link to the ext data.

A FE Fates guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you don't. I believe you asked this question before and I answered you. :/ Look for EmblemCrossing's post which contains the ext data for both... Or you know, look in the first post for a link to the ext data.
No, I didn't ask before, but THANK YOU SO MUCH! NOW I CAN FINALLY HAVE THEM BOTH! Just need to delete my ExtData as I had OmegaBlu's pack before.

A FE Fates guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, using the Extdata, does it also have the stuff for Ciphers? so like, if I used the Extdata that @EmblemCrossing did, is there the Cipher stuff in there too?

Last edited by A FE Fates guy,

Anonedeath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any idea on how to get this to work on the japanese version with undub voices? Oh and I cant seem to be able to import any ext data to Fire Emblem if with JKSM (the release I'm using is the cia version of Jun 30 2016)

Edit: Nevermind, I could do it with SaveDataFiler like shadowofchaos did.

Last edited by Anonedeath,

Jawnstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi,

First of all, thanks for this awesome custom DLC!

But I have a rather annoying issue, at first, I could get every units in these DLCs, including undub amiibo units, they actually appeared in my log book (guest tab), then I was "messing" a bit around and accidentally updated Lucina's data in logbook. And this is a rather annoying issue since it prevents her from using spears ... I then deleted amiibo units from my logbook.

So I tried to reinstall the undub EUR 6.5 patch, using the fe14unit files, and the UPDATED EXTDATA. When everything's imported/instaleld, I start the game, load a save, go to Dragon's Gate, get into 3 parts of the DLCs, and I can get every units (Mikoto, Arete etc.) but no amiibo units. They don't even appear in my logbook anymore. I even tried deleting my rating, global and another savefile, but no luck.

I tried to wipe out all ext data, even add on content, and repeated all the steps I mentionned above, but no luck again, amiibo units still don't appear. Do you guys have any idea? I'm pretty much in a pinch now, and I believe I've tried as much things as I could on my own, please help me D: (Especially because I don't get why I can't have them showing up in my logbook again after trying to redo all the steps from the beginning, several times...)

PS:
Maybe I'm not doing the steps properly. I'm playing the FEF SE EUR version.

- I delete my ext files (even tried the add on files from system settings)
- I install the 6.5 patch with FBI
- Copy the files from the DLCExtdata.7z into my ext data folder
- Replaces the files mentionned above with the content of shared_custom_DLC_data.rar
- Then import everything in my SD root

I don't know if it's relevant, but before I add the content of the shared_custom_DLC_data.rar, the loading for the extra data, when I launch the game is fast. But after I add these, it becomes much slower. And another thing, after entering the Dragon's gate, I don't get a clean menu like it's shown on the screenshots, I just get an "unfinished" menu. For all the 3 packs the thumbnail says "reserved", and there's no text, choice or whatever. I choose a pack, then has a blank notification telling me to hit "A" then there's the sound I got something new, and that's all. I do get all units, except amiibo ones.

Last edited by Jawnstar,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

First of all, thanks for this awesome custom DLC!

But I have a rather annoying issue, at first, I could get every units in these DLCs, including undub amiibo units, they actually appeared in my log book (guest tab), then I was "messing" a bit around and accidentally updated Lucina's data in logbook. And this is a rather annoying issue since it prevents her from using spears ... I then deleted amiibo units from my logbook.

So I tried to reinstall the undub EUR 6.5 patch, using the fe14unit files, and the UPDATED EXTDATA. When everything's imported/instaleld, I start the game, load a save, go to Dragon's Gate, get into 3 parts of the DLCs, and I can get every units (Mikoto, Arete etc.) but no amiibo units. They don't even appear in my logbook anymore. I even tried deleting my rating, global and another savefile, but no luck.

I tried to wipe out all ext data, even add on content, and repeated all the steps I mentionned above, but no luck again, amiibo units still don't appear. Do you guys have any idea? I'm pretty much in a pinch now, and I believe I've tried as much things as I could on my own, please help me D: (Especially because I don't get why I can't have them showing up in my logbook again after trying to redo all the steps from the beginning, several times...)

PS:
Maybe I'm not doing the steps properly. I'm playing the FEF SE EUR version.

- I delete my ext files (even tried the add on files from system settings)
- I install the 6.5 patch with FBI
- Copy the files from the DLCExtdata.7z into my ext data folder
- Replaces the files mentionned above with the content of shared_custom_DLC_data.rar
- Then import everything in my SD root

I don't know if it's relevant, but before I add the content of the shared_custom_DLC_data.rar, the loading for the extra data, when I launch the game is fast. But after I add these, it becomes much slower. And another thing, after entering the Dragon's gate, I don't get a clean menu like it's shown on the screenshots, I just get an "unfinished" menu. For all the 3 packs the thumbnail says "reserved", and there's no text, choice or whatever. I choose a pack, then has a blank notification telling me to hit "A" then there's the sound I got something new, and that's all. I do get all units, except amiibo ones.
The amiibo units are no longer in the latest DLC because you can get them with other means.

Jawnstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The amiibo units are no longer in the latest DLC because you can get them with other means.

But, I've never installed any patch prior the 6.5, and they did show up in my logbook! Then what should I do to get them, if they won't show up anymore? D:

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But, I've never installed any patch prior the 6.5, and they did show up in my logbook! Then what should I do to get them, if they won't show up anymore? D:
Search the FEFTwiddler thread for a post of mine where I uploaded the .fe14unit files for the amiibo characters.

Jawnstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Search the FEFTwiddler thread for a post of mine where I uploaded the .fe14unit files for the amiibo characters.

Mmh, I know about that thread. I must say searching for your post is pretty hard, you've practically have 200 posts on that thread but thanks for the advice anyway xD

Jawnstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yeah I posted a lot. Let me see if I can find it.

I think I found it!

YOu said:

Here ya go, contains all 3 Cipher Units and all 4 amiibo Units.

@DeathChaos25 I tried the Cipher and Amiibo option from v6.5 in the Dragon's Gate, it only gave me the 3 Cipher Units and not the amiibo units. Happened on two different save files.

And there's a

Cipher+Amiibo.zip

you've attached to it.

Then i've got a question, since I have undub files, I suppose these characters will come with japanese voices?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I found it!

YOu said:

Here ya go, contains all 3 Cipher Units and all 4 amiibo Units.

@DeathChaos25 I tried the Cipher and Amiibo option from v6.5 in the Dragon's Gate, it only gave me the 3 Cipher Units and not the amiibo units. Happened on two different save files.

And there's a

Cipher+Amiibo.zip

you've attached to it.

Then i've got a question, since I have undub files, I suppose these characters will come with japanese voices?
I can't answer that as I do not have the undub.

Jawnstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I can't answer that as I do not have the undub.

I just tried it, and indeed, they're undub, thanks a lot for your help! Many many thanks! Tho I'm missing cipher units, I guess I'll just merge files from the updat ext data archive. Slower loading is still better than no units, ultimately x)

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got some bugs I might have found.

Lissa seems to crash whenever she has a talk conversation with another character in My Castle. (In this case, it was with Gaius)

And someone on tumblr mentioned to me that Lissa's fourth voice line would crash their game and cause the system to restart oddly. They were using my extdata dump on a non CFW 3ds. I told them to try an extdata wipe and apparently it didnt work. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue with my extdata dump, and I don't have this issue.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So I've got some bugs I might have found.

Lissa seems to crash whenever she has a talk conversation with another character in My Castle. (In this case, it was with Gaius)

And someone on tumblr mentioned to me that Lissa's fourth voice line would crash their game and cause the system to restart oddly. They were using my extdata dump on a non CFW 3ds. I told them to try an extdata wipe and apparently it didnt work. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue with my extdata dump, and I don't have this issue.
That's odd, but maybe it's a homebrew problem?

They should try using CFW now that it's available for everyone, including those on 11.2

Reactions: thane98

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo