ROM Hack [FE Fates] A way to unlock hero battles without amiibo?

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's 3.3 NTR CFW and i'm using the 10.2 version of the firmware.bin on my aureinand cfw. and i am using the .cia version of ntr cfw that boots from the icon on my homemenu.

edit: my chapter is past 16. i forgot i got past that a few days ago. so yeah if you're not past 16 yet that may be why they aren't showing up for you. i made a new save to see if the paralogues show up before 16 and they do not for chapter 7.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's what I have and they are not showing up. which version of ntr CFW are you using?

however i did just test something else. the custom DLC that gives you Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick in Fates does work even on chapter 7. which is pretty cool. i can link you to that guide if you want them?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-fates-us-playable-chrom-lissa-fredrick.421321/#post-6219921

Last edited by Robert McCoy,

DualBladedKirito

The Black Swordsman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a
it's 3.3 NTR CFW and i'm using the 10.2 version of the firmware.bin on my aureinand cfw. and i am using the .cia version of ntr cfw that boots from the icon on my homemenu.

edit: my chapter is past 16. i forgot i got past that a few days ago. so yeah if you're not past 16 yet that may be why they aren't showing up for you. i made a new save to see if the paralogues show up before 16 and they do not for chapter 7.

however i did just test something else. the custom DLC that gives you Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick in Fates does work even on chapter 7. which is pretty cool. i can link you to that guide if you want them?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-fates-us-playable-chrom-lissa-fredrick.421321/#post-6219921
Already have them actually. But i really want the amiibo characters as i have none of the required amiibos. ill see if they show up after ch 16 thnks for your help :)

Reactions: Robert McCoy

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a

Already have them actually. But i really want the amiibo characters as i have none of the required amiibos. ill see if they show up after ch 16 thnks for your help :)

I'm sure they will because it isn't working for me on the early chapters but after 16 it started working for me. It'll say hero paralogues and you can save your game and do them whenever you want to afterwards. If not just come back and see if someone else can help you figure it out.

Martikai

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It works on old3ds, Us, and FEFates usa?

Give me a fast tutorial pls, thanks
Pdt: my language is spanish , for this my english is too bad

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how to do this with Gateway?
you don't. Gateway doesn't have layeredfs. and layeredfs would have to be a complicated cheat code that redirects files in the game to files on the SD card.

It works on old3ds, Us, and FEFates usa?

Give me a fast tutorial pls, thanks
Pdt: my language is spanish , for this my english is too bad
google translate and original post.

Zendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Okey, I have no idea what's wrong. I'm using NTR 3.2 and have put the file Inside plugin/0004000000179800/castle_join.bin.lz

I have even tried to put the castle_join.bin.lz on my root of the card, and I'm already in chapter 23 on revelation. Anyone know what to do?

RainThunder

Trophies
XP
Country
Okey, I have no idea what's wrong. I'm using NTR 3.2 and have put the file Inside plugin/0004000000179800/castle_join.bin.lz

I have even tried to put the castle_join.bin.lz on my root of the card, and I'm already in chapter 23 on revelation. Anyone know what to do?
You have to put it inside sd:/fefatesSE/castle/

Last edited by RainThunder,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dont really understand how this works if i only have an o3ds (which doesnt support ntr i think?).

if it even does work, which of the files in op do i use and how do i apply them?

Zendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You have to put it inside sd:/fefatesSE/castle/

Alright, I did follow the instruction sd:/fefatesSE/castle/ but I also added sd:/fefatesSE/castle/castle_join.bin.lz

It didn't work, and I'm using the USA Special Edition (RF). I have also tried to sd:/fefatesSE/castle_join.bin.lz/ Not working as well.

Any idea what to do RainThunder?

aeroblast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I did follow the instruction sd:/fefatesSE/castle/ but I also added sd:/fefatesSE/castle/castle_join.bin.lz

It didn't work, and I'm using the USA Special Edition (RF). I have also tried to sd:/fefatesSE/castle_join.bin.lz/ Not working as well.

Any idea what to do RainThunder?
You just want 0004000000179800/castle/castle_join.bin.lz. By fefatesSE, they mean the titleid of the game.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You just want 0004000000179800/castle/castle_join.bin.lz. By fefatesSE, they mean the titleid of the game.
Actually, the layeredfs plugin of the USA Special Edition was made to use fefatesSE as its base folder for the romfs and not the title ID of the game.

AngelusKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I download the NTR CFW and the GameData.bin.lz, install the cia then put the .lz file in the root of the Micro sd card and run the game?
is that's how I unlock the battle paralogues of the amibos?

EDIT: I got it to work, I used shadow trance BootNTR 3.3 with Reinand 4.0. After that the gamedata.bin.lz need to be in the fatefolder inside the gamedata folder

Last edited by AngelusKnight,

yoshimashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded the link on page 7. I followed the instructions for installing them in /plugin/ID/layerdfs and /FatesSE/ gamedata
and went on NTR 3.3 on Cakes, reinand, and Aureinand, and I get the same error right when my game loads. I have 10.6 emunand.
When I use NTR for other games- it works fine. But for Fire Emblem Fates, it gives me this error code and say that it's going to restart. What did I do wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Good morning!