ROM Hack [FE Fates] A way to unlock hero battles without amiibo?

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

seriousprawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
hey guys
ive been wondering whether it's possible to use this patch in a rebuilt cia without having to boot ntr cfw every time i want to play. since copypasting the castle_join.bin.lz into the extractedromfs/castle folder and rebuilding like that didnt work, im figuring that i need a different gamedata.bin.lz right? it's just that my gf who is the one needing the patch is using an o3ds with menuhax and i'm afraid that using ntr would be too much trouble for her (and for the console as well).
in short, is there a way to implement this patch in an extracted and rebuilt .cia rom? any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by seriousprawn,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys
ive been wondering whether it's possible to use this patch in a rebuilt cia without having to boot ntr cfw every time i want to play. since copypasting the castle_join.bin.lz into the extractedromfs/castle folder and rebuilding like that didnt work, im figuring that i need a different gamedata.bin.lz right? it's just that my gf who is the one needing the patch is using an o3ds with menuhax and i'm afraid that using ntr would be too much trouble for her (and for the console as well).
in short, is there a way to implement this patch in an extracted and rebuilt .cia rom? any help would be appreciated!
I guess that once you get the heroes you don't need the patch anymore.
No, I don't know what NTR is... sorry ^^

how I can install it with lumia cfw ?

(thanks for response !)
You'll have to install at least NTR 3.2 and BootNTR cia. Google for the first one and search the Homebrew section for the second. There is aversion compatible with 11.0 available since last week.

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
thanks all who've helped me, works like a charm

thanks to RainThunder and DeathChaos25 for make this available !

I've installed the paraologue and hero too game data and work like a charm !!

my new uestion is : how I can extract my save to add the 4 items to amiibo character please ?

i've download save date editor but my game won't show

Last edited by wakabayashy,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks all who've helped me, works like a charm

thanks to RainThunder and DeathChaos25 for make this available !

I've installed the paraologue and hero too game data and work like a charm !!

my new uestion is : how I can extract my save to add the 4 items to amiibo character please ?

i've download save date editor but my game won't show
1) Download the latest release of JKSM from here and move the JKSV CIA and the JKSV folder to the root of your SD card.
2) Launch FBI/BigBlueMenu/whatever you use to install CIAs and install JKSV.
3) Open JKSV and choose your Fates game. Follow the onscreen instructions to export your save.
4) Download FEFTwiddler from here and extract it.
5) Download and extract the Amiibo zip file I uploaded in this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/feftwiddler-fire-emblem-fates-save-editor.422439/page-81#post-6495428.
6) Open FEFTwiddler, open your save file, and below the list of units should be an Import Unit button.
7) Find the folder that the Amiibo units were in and import them into your save file.
8) Save your save file and find the folder where your save file is located on your SD card. FEFTwiddler creates a backup of the save file. Either delete the file or move it somewhere safe on your PC.
9) Put your SD card back into your 3DS and re-open JKSV.
10) Follow the instructions onscreen to find your copy of Fates and import your save file.
11) Go back to the home menu start your game. Check to see if the Amiibo units were properly imported. If not, repeat steps 6-10.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: koim

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) Download the latest release of JKSM from here and move the JKSV CIA and the JKSV folder to the root of your SD card.
2) Launch FBI/BigBlueMenu/whatever you use to install CIAs and install JKSV.
3) Open JKSV and choose your Fates game. Follow the onscreen instructions to export your save.
4) Download FEFTwiddler from here and extract it.
5) Download and extract the Amiibo zip file I uploaded in this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/feftwiddler-fire-emblem-fates-save-editor.422439/page-81#post-6495428.
6) Open FEFTwiddler, open your save file, and below the list of units should be an Import Unit button.
7) Find the folder that the Amiibo units were in and import them into your save file.
8) Save your save file and find the folder where your save file is located on your SD card. FEFTwiddler creates a backup of the save file. Either delete the file or move it somewhere save on your PC.
9) Put your SD card back into your 3DS and re-open JKSV.
10) Follow the instructions onscreen to find your copy of Fates and import your save file.
11) Go back to the home menu start your game. Check to see if the Amiibo units were properly imported. If not, repeat steps 6-10.
That worked great.
Just one question: is it normal that you can't modify support (in the editor or in game)? Is it the normal behaviour?
Arf that's two questions...

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That worked great.
Just one question: is it normal that you can't modify support (in the editor or in game)? Is it the normal behaviour?
Arf that's two questions...
The amiibo characters can't have supports. The only exception to this rule is if you are using UnassumingVenusaur's Gay Fates hack, which allows some characters to have support conversations with the amiibo characters.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The amiibo characters can't have supports. The only exception to this rule is if you are using UnassumingVenusaur's Gay Fates hack, which allows some characters to have support conversations with the amiibo characters.
Ah... too bad. Well thanks anyway :)

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
Thanks KunoichiZ, I will try and let you know if it's worked ;)

edit : it have delete my save, I've been take back to a save at chapter 14, I will try to go to chapter 16 and see if it's work

edit 2 : it worked, I had saved my save on the desktop (whew) the i've restored it

thanks again KunoichiZ

Last edited by wakabayashy,

seriousprawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I guess that once you get the heroes you don't need the patch anymore.

that's not really a problem for me since installing the patched cia, backing up the save and then reinstalling wouldn't be a big issue. the only thing that concerns me is whether it's possible to pack the patch into a game rom. i tried changing the castle_join.bin.lz file with a patched one and then rebuilding but it didn't work, even after chapter 16. :c

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Found it, thank you!

EDIT: Wait, judging by the modified date compared to the preserved one from the recent version of the mod, that's probably based on an outdated version of the mod's gamedata.bin? Would it be easy to reconcile the differences between the versions?

Last edited by configchan,

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Since the one linked in the thread was outdated, I used the method @RainThunder described to apply the same changes to the more updated Gay Fates gamedata.bin.lz to create an updated version of this for use with the Gay Fates patch. Download is here. I will probably keep this updated when updates to Gay Fates are made that change gamedata.bin.lz for as long as I keep playing Fates, since I personally want to keep this.

Note that if you want them to have support options, you'll need to use the my castle join mod included in the download, as recruiting them from their battles will cause them to join as Einherjar. There are no issues caused by completing the battles once they've already joined as full units, however, the game will merely skip the prompt to have them join you.

Akihaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever said this can't work with Gateway is wrong. the layeredfslajl;ero or whatever won't with with Gateway since that's meant for the smth smth ntr cfw hans etc etc. If you look hard enough there's guide right here on gbatemps that shows you how to dump your cart, decrypt and extract its files to replace them with modified gamedata.bins etc and reencrypt them to be played on Gateway as a .3ds. Alternatively, if one is too lazy or befuddled to do it themselves, you can find it pre-patched somewhere else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: imagine not having hands, cringe +1