[Release] Fire Emblem Fates Nohr-Hoshido Class Swap Hack

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Fishmalk, May 9, 2019.

1. Fishmalk
    OP

Fishmalk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    United States
    This is a very simple rom hack for Fates which swaps almost every unit with a Norhian or Hoshidan class with their other-faction equivalent. Several other changes were made to maintain playability. I have also incorporated @DeathChaos25's Revelation unit buff patch, with his permission, because Rev is naff without it. I did not change the prologue; enemy changes begin with chapter 1.

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pvvtb72po22rfmw/AAA4n-CNkJxcE-6l9hW1gEvwa?dl=0

Version History
    Version History

Notes

Installation Instructions:
    There are two ways to install this hack: via Luma in-game patching or by rebuilding your rom. Both can be used with Luma, while using Citra requires the latter.

Luma

Citra

See Also:
    There is a texture pack created by Mathcat and a few others which adds unique outfits for many characters in many classes. While not related to my hack, it is both compatible and particularly relevant since changing everyones classes means they are all using the default outfits. This can help add some variety. Note that you will encounter considerable lag if using the texture patch with Luma in-game patching due to the file sizes, so I very strongly recommend you rebuild your rom in this case.
    Version 3.2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-D6hIdMaa4hdv3HtMKBQL8b8EYJJ4R_e/view?usp=sharing
    Mathcat's tumblr, where you can find news and updates if I haven't linked to the latest version: https://mathcat7.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Fishmalk, Jun 22, 2019
    AgahnimD and TomboyGamerXL like this.
  2. Fishmalk
    OP

Fishmalk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    United States
    Version 0.11: Small update with a few fixes
    • Fixed Villager F promotion, now promotes to Wyvern Lord instead of General
    • Beruka join with D Lances in Conquest 10, instead of E
    • Conquest 13: Increased Reina Magic by 5 so she isn't completely harmless when baited
    • Conquest 22: Changed enemy on the launcher below Sakura from Great Knight to Maid so they can use the launcher (was a Machinist in the base game)

AgahnimD likes this.
  3. Fishmalk
    OP

Fishmalk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    United States
    Version 0.12: Another small update with a few fixes
    • Beruka and Selena join with half progress to C weapon rank in CQ 10. Thanks to Moonling for fixing the nightmare module to make this possible
    • Siegberts paralogue works now
    • Fixed enemy inventory errors in BR 11 and CQ 17
    • Fuga is now a bow knight in BR 8
    • Fixed Kaze inventory when joining after CQ 11
    • Fixed Percy inventoy when joining after paralogue 19

Last edited by Fishmalk, Jun 22, 2019