ROM Hack [Release] Fire Emblem Fates Nohr-Hoshido Class Swap Hack

Fishmalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a very simple rom hack for Fates which swaps almost every unit with a Norhian or Hoshidan class with their other-faction equivalent. Several other changes were made to maintain playability. I have also incorporated @DeathChaos25's Revelation unit buff patch, with his permission, because Rev is naff without it. I did not change the prologue; enemy changes begin with chapter 1.

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwz20hiiebc9f3v/Class Swap 0.14.rar?dl=0

Version History
  • Fixed joinable units in Rev that werent working
  • Several tweaks to enemy weapons and skills
  • Made chapter 2 and Conquest 10 a bit easier
fixed more stupid mistakes
  • Beruka and Selena join with half progress to C weapon rank in CQ 10. Thanks to Moonling for fixing the nightmare module to make this possible
  • Siegberts paralogue works now
  • Fixed enemy inventory errors in BR 11 and CQ 17
  • Fuga is now a bow knight in BR 8
  • Fixed Kaze inventory when joining after CQ 11
  • Fixed Percy inventory when joining after paralogue 19
[*]Fixed Villager F promotion, now promotes to Wyvern Lord instead of General
[*]Beruka join with D Lances in Conquest 10, instead of E
[*]Conquest 13: Increased Reina Magic by 5 so she isn't completely harmless when baited
[*]Conquest 22: Changed enemy on the launcher below Sakura from Great Knight to Maid so they can use the launcher (was a Machinist in the base game)
0.10: Initial release

Notes:
npc-only classes were not changed
Promoted and advanced classes can now reach A rank in their secondary weapon type, instead of B. the exception is master ninja which has not been changed
All S rank weapons changed to A rank.
Nosferatu moved to the dawn armory. the purpose of these three changes is to ensure all weapons available to the layer can actually be used.
Nohr noble will be available in birthright, and hoshido noble in conquest. Nohr prince/ss was unchanged.
Villager itself is unchanged, but has had its promotion options changed to wyvern lord and paladin, chosen because they were the only non-armored lance using classes available
No text was changed, so swapped classes will incorrectly be noted as their original faction. they will function correctly for relevant abilities, like Oboro's personal skill
Further minor changes were made as needed for playability, such as adding in chest keys in Brithright 7 because the player no longer has any units with locktouch
Enemy skills were generally not changed unless they were recruitable that map, needed Shadowgift to use their Nosferatu tomes, or had a -faire skill for a weapon type they could no longer use
DLC/Amiibo maps were not changed

Known Issues:
Generic Great Masters and Butlers will have the hooded man portrait. this is because these classes never appeared as enemies in the base game and so have no generic portrait
Several named enemies, and playable units in cutscenes, will not have their in-game models display properly. You can see this with Onmozu in chapter 3, and Gunter in the cutscene after chapter 3.

Installation Instructions:
There are two ways to install this hack: via Luma in-game patching or by rebuilding your rom. Both can be used with Luma, while using Citra requires the latter.

Luma In-Game Patching:
This is the recommended method if you are using Luma, however some users have reported lag issues when using in-game patching. This is an unavoidable consequence of how in-game patching works, and the only solution is to rebuild the rom and play the modified rom instead (see Rebuilding the Rom).

1. Boot up your 3DS Luma’s config menu by holding the SELECT button.
2. Turn on “Enable Game Patching”
3. On your 3DS SD card go to “Lumas” folder.
4. Create a folder called “titles” if there isn’t one
5. Create a folder with the title of your specific game, if it does not exist already.
Fates SE JPN: 000400000012DE00
Fates SE USA: 0004000000179800
Birthright USA: 0004000000179400
Conquest USA: 0004000000179600
Fates SE EUR: 000400000017A800
Birthright EUR: 0004000000179500
Conquest EUR: 0004000000179700
6. Copy the "romfs" folder you downloaded for the class swap hack into the title folder

Rebuilding the Rom:
This is a three step process. You will need to unpack the rom, replace the base files with the modified files this hack uses, and then repack the rom.

1. Download .Net 3ds Toolkit, available at https://github.com/evandixon/DotNet3dsToolkit/releases. this is the program we use to unpack the rom.
2. use .Net 3ds Toolkit to unpack your Fates rom. Run ToolkitForm.exe and use the "Extract" tab
3. Once your rom is unpacked you should have a bunch of files and three folder with more files. One of those folders should be titled "romfs" or something similar. Copy the contents of the "romfs" folder you downloaded for the class swap hack and paste them into the unpacked romfs folder. Agree to merge folders and replace files when prompted
4. Use .Net 3ds Toolkit again to repack the rom. Run ToolkitForm.exe and use the "Build" tab

See Also:
There is a texture pack created by Mathcat and a few others which adds unique outfits for many characters in many classes. While not related to my hack, it is both compatible and particularly relevant since changing everyones classes means they are all using the default outfits. This can help add some variety. Note that you will encounter considerable lag if using the texture patch with Luma in-game patching due to the file sizes, so I very strongly recommend you rebuild your rom in this case.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-D6hIdMaa4hdv3HtMKBQL8b8EYJJ4R_e/view
Mathcat's tumblr, where you can find news and updates if I haven't linked to the latest version: https://mathcat7.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Fishmalk,

Fishmalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 0.11: Small update with a few fixes
  • Fixed Villager F promotion, now promotes to Wyvern Lord instead of General
  • Beruka join with D Lances in Conquest 10, instead of E
  • Conquest 13: Increased Reina Magic by 5 so she isn't completely harmless when baited
  • Conquest 22: Changed enemy on the launcher below Sakura from Great Knight to Maid so they can use the launcher (was a Machinist in the base game)

Reactions: AgahnimD

Fishmalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 0.12: Another small update with a few fixes
  • Beruka and Selena join with half progress to C weapon rank in CQ 10. Thanks to Moonling for fixing the nightmare module to make this possible
  • Siegberts paralogue works now
  • Fixed enemy inventory errors in BR 11 and CQ 17
  • Fuga is now a bow knight in BR 8
  • Fixed Kaze inventory when joining after CQ 11
  • Fixed Percy inventoy when joining after paralogue 19

Last edited by Fishmalk,

Fishmalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 0.14: Sorry for skipping 0.13. Fixes some joinable units in Rev that weren't working, tweaked several enemies, and made chapter 2 and Conquest 10 a bit easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Metroid and Wario games
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @K3Nv2 That list puts Zero Mission in first place, which I already played.
    Mother 3 in second place. I guess I'll play that.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anything hello kitty related then
    Could replay Metroid, though. Amazing screen on this thing.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Miyoo are basically repurposed blackberry displays believe it or not I always take my miyoo on the go
    @K3Nv2 You joke but this was amazing for 10 year old me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC6adnfSaew&ab_channel=IGN
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Install onionos also if you haven't already
    It still looks dope.
    Amazingly I didn't really care for the GBA
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, dragon quest 4 bored me
    Let's play.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should add a 256gb card in mine and load like 100ps1 titles to it eventually I will
    Will you play them all?
    I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't play games here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I dont have one of those but gbarunner2 in twilight menu works quite decently for me
    Don't get me wrong GBA absolutely had some great games but overall the sound and graphics just meh to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The remastered crash bandicoot was pretty decent ngl
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.