ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I'm having some problems with the ntr cfw version of the file. I'm using FE F SE and have put the corresponding files on the root of my sd card and /plugin/ but NTR doesn't detect the .plg file.

SDXC:/fefates/GameData/GameData.bin.lz
SDXC:/fefates/m/@E/[bunch of files]
SDXC:/plugin/004000000179800/layeredfs.plg

f14889650ca7f3dab7d52b334dd1eb04.jpg

Sent from a fucking cm13 phone

EDIT: The same happens with Gaykening. NTR detects other games' .plg

Last edited by FTRBND,

MadMaxson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Gay Fates installed and everything and it's running well, and I'm noticing while the Protagx[anyone] supports are going flawlessly, any support that doesn't involve my character is being skipped and I just get the "X and Y reached support level C/B/A".

Is this normal, or should I be concerned? I mean at this point I've more or less seen all the supports anyways but I'd still like to know if maybe I messed something up while messing with the files.

EDIT: Also I hope this doesn't come off as rude. I don't know if you'd like to have typos pointed out to you or not. But in the C support with Kaze there's a typo. Kaze says "a young Lord gave me these radishes as thanks for helping her find her way."

Last edited by MadMaxson,

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
I already asked this on the Awakening thread but I'm going to ask here too, just in case!

I'd love to learn how to do this kind of game hacking things myself, but it seems that things like these are very complicated. Do you have any links to resources and stuff for people who are still starting out with all the hacking and stuff? What helped you a lot when you were starting out? Sorry for the random questions, I'm just really intrigued, and I'd love to help!

I'm having some problems with the ntr cfw version of the file. I'm using FE F SE and have put the corresponding files on the root of my sd card and /plugin/ but NTR doesn't detect the .plg file.
I'm playing FE:F SE as well and using NTR CFW but I never needed to actually "open" the NTR CFW menu in-game to use the patch. :O just do "continue" and you should see that the support options between the characters have changed.

Last edited by Ningyoplug,

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd love to learn how to do this kind of game hacking things myself, but it seems that things like these are very complicated. Do you have any links to resources and stuff for people who are still starting out with all the hacking and stuff? What helped you a lot when you were starting out? Sorry for the random questions, I'm just really intrigued, and I'd love to help!
Just try things out. Play around with memory values. Look at the game files. Of course you need to have a basic understanding of hex, but I'ts really not that hard to start.
Especially on Wii U and 3DS, because we have really nice tools and the games are (mostly) pretty forgiving in terms of crashing.

If you want a bit of practice without having to mess with your 3ds, I would use cheat engine on pc with a indie game or something like that. For example, "collect money and search for that value".

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks so much for the advice, I will try to play around with gamedata.bin maybe, just to start out!

Of course you need to have a basic understanding of hex
So far i've only hex edited in order to get the kids, following UV's guide. I had to change the gender of the characters, and sometimes figure out where a certain character's block started... That's all I've done in terms of editing. Do you think that's a good starting point? :'D I'll try to edit some other stuff and see how it goes

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that's due to the gamedata having Anna's supports screwed up.

Try this gamedata.bin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcanqc9m87hcgvr/GameData.bin.lz?dl=0

(This is the all paralogues unlocked version, also with the hero battles unlocked)

Please let me know if this fixes the issue for you!

Can anyone confirm if the above gamedata fixes issues with Anna's supports?

Thanks so much for the advice, I will try to play around with gamedata.bin maybe, just to start out!

So far i've only hex edited in order to get the kids, following UV's guide. I had to change the gender of the characters, and sometimes figure out where a certain character's block started... That's all I've done in terms of editing. Do you think that's a good starting point? :'D I'll try to edit some other stuff and see how it goes

What exactly would you like to do?

There is a lot of information available, although it is very spread out. I've had to pretty much read through multiple huge topics to get to the point where I'm at now.

If there's something specific I can try and help point you in the right direction, where some resources might be, or if it's something I know, I can even write something up.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
in that iso site i uploaded a version with that you can edit, and the tools to make the cia or 3ds, if you need the tool for decompressing is the same as awakening a google search is enough, you just decompress the files and add supports and conversations

Last edited by kamesenin888,

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
What exactly would you like to do? There is a lot of information available, although it is very spread out. I've had to pretty much read through multiple huge topics to get to the point where I'm at now. If there's something specific I can try and help point you in the right direction, where some resources might be, or if it's something I know, I can even write something up.
Thanks, that's very kind of you! Well, to start out I'd like to:
1) learn how to add C-A and S-support options (for example, if character X and character Y can't marry, i'd like to be able to give them an S-support option. Or if X and Y charas dont have any supports at all, being able to give them C-A or C-S supports).
2) learn how to code support conversations so that i can help UV out with additional convos.

That's the part i care about the most right now. Later on I'd love to learn more about stuff like adding characters and such (like what deathchaos is doing) but i guess thats gonna take a long time to learn

in that iso site i uploaded a version with that you can edit, and the tools to make the cia or 3ds, if you need the tool for decompressing is the same as awakening a google search is enough, you just decompress the files and add supports and conversations
thanks, i'm a bit confused but i guess i'll do some research ;v;

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
1) learn how to add C-A and S-support options (for example, if character X and character Y can't marry, i'd like to be able to give them an S-support option. Or if X and Y charas dont have any supports at all, being able to give them C-A or C-S supports).
2) learn how to code support conversations so that i can help UV out with additional convos.

That's the part i care about the most right now. Later on I'd love to learn more about stuff like adding characters and such (like what deathchaos is doing) but i guess thats gonna take a long time to learn

my version is just completely unpacked you just use the tool to decompress it will generate a bin and a txt, the txt has the supports and everything, when you edit you jsut use the tool again to get the file compressed with teh new supports, mine is the jap one because of the amie mechanic, but you can do it with yours just using that tool its called FEAT or fire emblem archive tool

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would start by reading this post:

http://unassumingvenusaur.tumblr.com/post/141102962260/i-hope-this-isnt-a-bother-but-even-if-its

It explains how to find the support tables for all the characters.

A couple pages back, in this thread, you should find an image by deathchaos25 explaining the table structure graphically.

But basically:

First four tables of the bytes are CharByte 00 SizeByte 00, then the supports are all C length, and have the following meaning:
First four bytes:
CharID(To support with) 00 Order (start at 00, goes up by 1, the last entry in the table should be equal to the table header's size byte minus 1.) 00
Next four bytes:
03 07 0c FF = Fast Platonic
03 07 0c 12 = Fast Romantic
04 09 0E FF = Standard Platonic
04 09 0E 14 = Standard Romantic
Next byte should be a 01
The last 3 bytes have something to do with support log or the support theater or something, idk, I've just always put 00 18 00 on the ones I've created.

That should give you something to start messing around with. Let me kn ow if you have any other questions and gl!

Pichi-Hime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
my version is just completely unpacked you just use the tool to decompress it will generate a bin and a txt, the txt has the supports and everything, when you edit you jsut use the tool again to get the file compressed with teh new supports, mine is the jap one because of the amie mechanic, but you can do it with yours just using that tool its called FEAT or fire emblem archive tool
Alright! I can't find your version though, would you mind telling me the exact name of the post? Maybe via PM if you prefer. Also, which file do I need to decompress? So far all the .bin or .lz files i tried to decompress in FEAT didnt get decompressed at all. FEAT just said it couldnt automatically decompress them. :o FEAT is trolling me...

EDIT: i tried decompressing a support convo on FEAT and it worked! it gave me a bin file and a txt file. from what i understand, i need to change the convo using the right codes (im using the FEITS guide for that) and once im done editing the convo and the names of the charas, i just recompress it via FEAT and it should work, right?

That should give you something to start messing around with. Let me kn ow if you have any other questions and gl!
Ahh thanks, you're a treasure!! I will try and let you know. Does it work similarly with Awakening? i see there's a static.bin.lz and a RelianceList.bin.lz .... i guess i'll need to edit the static.bin.lz one? i'd like to start messing around with Awakening since i'm re-playing it right now (and thus i can test what im doing immediately)

Last edited by Ningyoplug,

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a list of character voice clips names anywhere (both for awakening and fates)? because i'd like to add voices in the supports i try to create but idk the name of the files so I can't really do it...

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a list of character voice clips names anywhere (both for awakening and fates)? because i'd like to add voices in the supports i try to create but idk the name of the files so I can't really do it...

For Awakening me and @DeathChaos25 have complied some here but it's incomplete. Fates doesn't use voice clips for the characters within supports, so you're probably good there.

Reactions: Ningyoplug

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it has all paralogues unlocked, but the Anna and Saizo glitch is still there...
Can you export your save file and upload it? It may be screwy because you already unlocked that support, so I want to take a look at it to see if I can undo it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 is secretly really a girl also
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, we just need to crack his egg
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    i support egg cracking
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    the two eggs he has down there
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    either that or the lgbt slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, wishes I had a vagina
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I do, but its ok. One of these days, you may get lucky and experience what one feels like.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's silly urewife calls me bigjim
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    91° F that
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, 91 fuck that?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yep 89 here today, supposed to be 96 tomorrow. Good days to stay inside AC and play video
    games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You get heat from weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea in the winter, I throw bricks of weed in my fireplace to keep warm, and it adds a nice scent in the air.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just a brick?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Translate the whole video for us...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Something about family guy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it has the auto captions
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But the captions are in english, I only speak Ebonics
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i made myself a pizza today, that shit was mid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, atleast it wasnt that bad
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but i can't let a mediocre pizza bring me down, just around this time last month i made that cheesecake
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What does pizza and sex have in common? When its good, its good. But when its bad, its still pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad