ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

3dsman545

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I think I found my problem.

An unedited romfs works. The one I used to test it out was just the romfs.bin that you get from the braindump, then I moved it to the Hans folder in the SD Card root, renamed it 001794.romfs, and I was able to run the game. Cool.

The issue is the extractor. I notice it doesn't extract everything from the romf.bin, missing a few files. I suspect a problem with the builder as well.
How should I proceed from here?

Last edited by 3dsman545,

GenocidalValliteOnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me. Is there a way for this patch to modify this game to allow marrying logbook units, amiibos or even an MU avatar to another MU? Or will it require more effort to accomplish, leading to even a completely new kind of patch?

Joshkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm double checking my romfs.

Is it possible that something went wrong during the romfs extraction or building? I notice the romfs builder and extractor freeze occasionally, so I end up having to restart it.

EDIT: So it seems that Hans can't run the game even when using an unedited romf.... What could be wrong?

What 3DS firmware version are you on?

Edit: Just saw your other post. Nevermind.

hawcrgav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wiped all my data for the game and started anew, so there is zero supports at any rank.

But while I am on Chapter 7, I see that I have one pending support between M!MU and Felicia. When I run the conversation and then go check Record Hall's Support Log, I see, M!MU and Felicia, but I also see an entry for Lucina with Odin (which doesn't have a conversation in the first place). Is there a way to rectify this - I haven't even recruited Lucina or Odin?

Also, back before I wiped everything, all the 'auto-recruits' had zero conversation dialogues when I was walking around the castle or erronous ones when they're manning a store, except for Lucina. But Lucina also had weird messages regarding voice files IN the message when manning a store.

Last edited by hawcrgav,

3dsman545

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it to work :)
I tried putting the romf.bin onto my desktop then extracting and rebuilding it back onto the desktop then putting it into my SD card.
I guess it was just easier for my computer that way than having to going into my SD card everytime.

Last edited by 3dsman545,

THATgamer77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I got a quick question. If I update this hack to the newest version, will it still work fine with my old save file? Or will it break it?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me. Is there a way for this patch to modify this game to allow marrying logbook units, amiibos or even an MU avatar to another MU? Or will it require more effort to accomplish, leading to even a completely new kind of patch?

I believe you have to edit the save file to marry those units. I'm not sure where the link is to explain how to do that. Also, marrying two avatars has some problems.

MadMaxson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I need a little help installing homebrew. I've followed the video guide up to and including loading the hacked save onto my OoT game and I can actually load the game just fine. I get the Haxxxxxxxxxxx save and everything. I hit A as instructed and the screen goes a little weird like it should before running the booter. Once it shows "the robpin is ready" OoT actually shuts itself off and I'm staring at the main screen of the 3DS.

Also, is it problem that my laptop seems to consider the .bin that matches the save game (that I placed in the root of the SD) as a VLC media file? I feel like this is probably a booter issue over an issue with the hacked save but I don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

QTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're good, no save file breaking.
if i'm playing the fan translation, do i select the JP SE files? my game crashed when i try to go into chapter 1 :/ using NTR.

Attachments

• IMG_20160413_130545.jpg
    IMG_20160413_130545.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 166

QTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you should use the JP SE files. (If you have the Japanese Special Edition of course).
i am. not using the "All Paralogues Unlocked Gamedata" and "My Castle Join" stuff also doesn't make it work. also i have the NTR language plugin in the 000400000012DE00 file.
this is how my NTR looks like when i run it.

Attachments

• IMG_20160413_150742.jpg
    IMG_20160413_150742.jpg
    842.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited by QTurtle,

Shiiouri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am. not using the "All Paralogues Unlocked Gamedata" and "My Castle Join" stuff also doesn't make it work. also i have the NTR language plugin in the 000400000012DE00 file.
this is how my NTR looks like when i run it.

You should just use the latest version of shadowtrance's NTR CFW 3.3 ver

QTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all right i got that version of NTR running but the gay patch still crashes my game. does this not work with the fan translation?

anyone have any luck with the undubs?

EDIT: it seems to work with the undubs, the NA SE files that is. guess the JP files aren't compatible with the fan translation version.

welp. at least i won't bother with the more cringey Treehouse supports.

Last edited by QTurtle,

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all right i got that version of NTR running but the gay patch still crashes my game. does this not work with the fan translation?

anyone have any luck with the undubs?

EDIT: it seems to work with the undubs, the NA SE files that is. guess the JP files aren't compatible with the fan translation version.

welp. at least i won't bother with the more cringey Treehouse supports.

Please do not blame me if your game, files, console, PC and/or other things are in any way damaged if you try to do what I am about to say/ask, as I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about, but have you tried using the files in the fan-translation patch with the files here (if that is even possible)?

I know that since I have no clue about anything I probably should not say anything, but I was hoping that it might be able to help solve your problem...
Please ask someone more knowledgeable about the patching and such before trying that though, if you decide to try it.

QTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works wi
Please do not blame me if your game, files, console, PC and/or other things are in any way damaged if you try to do what I am about to say/ask, as I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about, but have you tried using the files in the fan-translation patch with the files here (if that is even possible)?

I know that since I have no clue about anything I probably should not say anything, but I was hoping that it might be able to help solve your problem...
Please ask someone more knowledgeable about the patching and such before trying that though, if you decide to try it.

i understand. i got it working with the undub already though. thanks for the assistance :)

Reactions: Kotomine Kirei

Pichi-Hime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got the hack installed and gay married Silas and a few other couples. Now I was wondering what to do with the "All Paralouges Unlocked" GameData file. Do I need to replace the old GameData file with the Unlocked paralouges one and rebuild the romfs and start anew, or something else?
And also, is anyone else having problems with Anna and supports? She always has the option to support Saizo, but it always says "Anna and Saizo reached support level-"

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
And also, is anyone else having problems with Anna and supports? She always has the option to support Saizo, but it always says "Anna and Saizo reached support level-"
That's probably the result of loading the hack on a save that already had support points.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: You need better couch potatoes la +1