raveraptor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there.

I am at the point in this guide: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax to where I need to inject an FBI file. When I do the hs.app dump, and then the hs.inject, the only file I could select is the hs.app. When launching Health & Safety it will launch the H&S app. I then tried the Injector Helper from Quantem Cat: http://quantumc.at/ and got a file I could select, but the result was the same. I have re-read, repeated, and redone all of the steps possible. I can still easily access Hourglass9 as well as Luma3DS (And I have the necessary options checked in Luma3DS) after the update step. The FBI injectables I am using are in the guide.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You need to update your console. It won't inject without a updated console.
Actually it will, but the premade file in the guide is based on an updated system. You can make your own file and it will inject on any firmware.

So OP to clarify, you did this:
1. Go into Hourglass9 and dump your hs.app
2. Put InjectorHelper.jar on your SD card inside your computer and ran it, and clicked Go
3. Put the SD card back in your console and gone into Hourglass9
4. Chosen inject and selected fbi_with_banner.app and injected it, and it successfully completed with no errors
5. Rebooted to home menu, and your health and safety app is still health and safety (you actually opened it to confirm, not just based on the icon or banner)

If so, that's weird!

Last edited by Quantumcat,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it will, but the premade file in the guide is based on an updated system. You can make your own file and it will inject on any firmware.
Which is why I told them to update their console. The guide doesn't go through manually making it anymore and therefor there console needs to be updated as I'm to lazy to explain how to make it manually.

raveraptor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update again? I'll give it a shot

No more updates available and nothings changed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So OP to clarify, you did this:
1. Go into Hourglass9 and dump your hs.app
2. Put InjectorHelper.jar on your SD card inside your computer and ran it, and clicked Go
3. Put the SD card back in your console and gone into Hourglass9
4. Chosen inject and selected fbi_with_banner.app and injected it, and it successfully completed with no errors
5. Rebooted to home menu, and your health and safety app is still health and safety (you actually opened it to confirm, not just based on the icon or banner)

If so, that's weird!
I've followed the steps and it still doesn't work. fbi_with_banner.app will inject without errors, but when opening health and safety it opens as normal. Is there a button combination I need to do like when opening Hourglass9?

Last edited by raveraptor,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Update again? I'll give it a shot

No more updates available and nothings changed

I've followed the steps and it still doesn't work. fbi_with_banner.app will inject without errors, but when opening health and safety it opens as normal. Is there a button combination I need to do like when opening Hourglass9?
Do you have an emuNAND? Are you injecting it in either sysNAND or emuNAND and then opening the other? Do this:

- if you have an emuNAND, follow the "Move emuNAND" section
- make sure you are picking sysNAND options not emuNAND options in Hourglass9
- hold Select on boot and make sure that you are autobooting sysNAND not emuNAND

Last edited by Quantumcat,

raveraptor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an emuNAND? Are you injecting it in either sysNAND or emuNAND and then opening the other? Do this:

- if you have an emuNAND, follow the "Move emuNAND" section
- make sure you are picking sysNAND options not emuNAND options in Hourglass9
I didn't have EmuNAND and the methods I used were sysNAND. Should I set up an EmuNAND? Only mention of it in the guide I see is if I had a prevuous emuNAND

raveraptor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No don't do that. It was just an idea why it wasn't working. It's very strange...
Yeah, I am completely stumped!

Everyone, I've got progress: I restored sysNAND and now FBI appears. However: Upon opening I have "FBI has encountered a fatal error! Failed to open text color config: No such file or directory press any button to continue"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.