• Total voters

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I was hugely disappointed with Minish Cap, it's not worth the name it has.
What, it doesn't deserve the name Minish Cap?
laugh.gif

Link's Awakening. Definitely the best handheld Zelda, and I'm inclined to say it's one of the best Zelda games ever. Somehow, a mere bunch of black and white (well, gray and yellow; the contrast on the GB was crap
nyanya.gif
) pixels made an incredibly immersive, memorable experience, that even newer games, with all their fancy graphics, can't achieve. I suppose that, like with books, our imagination had to fill in the blanks, making it more personal, making us more involved, all the while (unlike books) having cute little character sprites roaming the screen. And the music... Despite being, when all's said and done, 8-bit squealing, it was good and and ambiental and memorable, and really added to the experience.

But the ending... :'(

Whyyyyyyy
cry.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I was hugely disappointed with Minish Cap, it's not worth the name it has.What, it doesn't deserve the name Minish Cap?
laugh.gif

Link's Awakening. Definitely the best handheld Zelda, and I'm inclined to say it's one of the best Zelda games ever. Somehow, a mere bunch of black and white (well, gray and yellow; the contrast on the GB was crap
nyanya.gif
) pixels made an incredibly immersive, memorable experience, that even newer games, with all their fancy graphics, can't achieve. I suppose that, like with books, our imagination had to fill in the blanks, making it more personal, making us more involved, all the while (unlike books) having cute little character sprites roaming the screen.

But the ending... :'(

Whyyyyyyy
cry.gif

Can you put it in a spoiler tag and tell me what happens in the end? It was too long ago whe I played it.

Whiternoise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
id loke to play Ages/Seasons but goomba color wont work, still get the 'this game will only work in a GBC' screen

Ill just settle with LA for a bit then

It does work, but saving is currently broken
smile.gif

Have you tried the alpha23 release?

The island is discovered to be in a dream world, controlled by a creature called the Wind Fish. The owl you see is his messenger. After the nightmares have been defeated, the wind fish speaks to link, the island disappears and we see link floating on a bit of his ship in the middle of the ocean. The wind fish flies overhead. Cue the absolutely great credit music!
[\spoiler]

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Link's Awakening (DX) hands down.
bow.gif

Although I played the whole game on PC, I never had that much fun with a game since Abe's Exoddus.
tongue.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, anyone who didn't vote for either Links Awakening, Oracle of Ages, or Oracle Of Seasons is banned for being wrong.

G

GBA_Temper

Still don't understand which is good...Please tell me the one to try for my NDS

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Still don't understand which is good...Please tell me the one to try for my NDS
There's no Zelda for the DS yet. The first DS Zelda will be "Phantom Hourglass". Until that time, you can play NES, GB, GBC and GBA Zelda games on your DS; if you have a flashcard. I'd recommend... Link's Awakening
wink.gif

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone who got a few friends together to play four swords will tell you how unbelievably awesome it is.

I actually played that one with friends, I even played four swords adventures on GC. And while it seems like endless fun, we really got bored after 2 days with it. It was nonstop fun though.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw