Gaming Favorite PC game of all time ?

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, I feel old posting this in this thread.

Another World

Best PC game ever
smile.gif

Reactions: EMP Knightmare

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Wow WTF happened... I know I already replied to this topic. WTF...
Aaaaaanyway...
FALLOUT 2
I keep playing this, at least once a month I think...
Though I agree with most of the posts here. Awesome games are awesome:
Grim Fandango, Monkey Island series, Sam and Max, hell also Full Throttle, etc. (Fuck do I miss my LucasArts adventures, seeing how popular ScummVM is, why don't they fucking port these shit in a collection for the DS?)
StarCraft, D2 and War3 (Automatically installed on any of my PCs)
X-COM!!! (Fuck those Grays still creep me out! and someone ported this to Windows Mobile
biggrin.gif
It's on my phone!)
Crusader: No Remorse and No Regret
biggrin.gif
Good stuff...
Speaking of Crusader... ULTIMA series! Fuck yeah! (I loved how Ultima 8: Pagan and Ultima Underworld was bundled with SoundBlaster 16 before lol but I think Ultima 7 is the best)
Out of this World! (Another World! also ported to Windows Mobile so I can play it again Yay!)
DOOM II! Modem to modem DM!
biggrin.gif
Yeah!
Syndicate! and fuck yeah almost all Bullfrog titles!
Like Bullfrog, also a dead company, Black Isle Studios!
biggrin.gif
(Fuck yeah Planescape: Torment!)
Fuck, keep posting I need to be reminded more awesome shit from way before! LOL

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably WoW, but since I quit for nearly a year I cannot bear to say it's WoW.

Age of Empires II or Battlefield 2. These are the games that I played the most extensively.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably WoW, but since I quit for nearly a year I cannot bear to say it's WoW.

Age of Empires II or Battlefield 2. These are the games that I played the most extensively.

Still got Age of Empires and the expansion and also Age of Empires 2 and it's expansion in perfect condition in original boxes with manual and everything
tongue.gif

kwerdenker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Grim Fandango, Monkey Island series, Sam and Max, hell also Full Throttle, etc. (Fuck do I miss my LucasArts adventures, seeing how popular ScummVM is, why don't they fucking port these shit in a collection for the DS?)

why don't they fucking drop their "star wars"-only attitude and get back to what they did best: point-and-click adventures. i miss those days...
cry.gif

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...
I think I'd have to go with all the oldschool ID Shareware.
I lived on games like Commander Keen and Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures when I was a kid.
Also, The Secret of Monkey Island, (it looked best before they chewed up the graphics in the sequels), and.....

CHEX QUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cquest.jpg

I would have payed a full $50 for that game.
Best game I ever got from buying crappy cereal. And that ungodly noise they made used to scare the SH*T out of me lol.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

why don't they fucking drop their "star wars"-only attitude and get back to what they did best: point-and-click adventures. i miss those days...
cry.gif

While Star Wars keep giving them money.. they'll continue..

Anyway, most of the people that worked on old Lucas Arts point-and-click adventures don't work there anymore.. a lot of them are at Telltale games (http://www.telltalegames.com/) they're doing new Sam & Max point and click games
wink2.gif

And Ron Gilbert, producer of the 2 first Monkey Island games and creator of the SCUMM engine, is now working at Hothead, who is making the Penny Arcade game.
biggrin.gif

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow WTF happened... I know I already replied to this topic. WTF...
Guess I'm not alone.

My last response was a joke, so if I _HAD_ to mention a favorite PC game of all time, it'd be EV Nova. I've dedicated too many hours of my life to that game that I can't afford to NOT say it's my favorite game. A close second would be the UT 2003 demo.

You seriously screw you're self as a gamer when all you have is dial up and no cash for a real game
laugh.gif

kwerdenker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

cry.gif

While Star Wars keep giving them money.. they'll continue..

Anyway, most of the people that worked on old Lucas Arts point-and-click adventures don't work there anymore.. a lot of them are at Telltale games (http://www.telltalegames.com/) they're doing new Sam & Max point and click games
wink2.gif

And Ron Gilbert, producer of the 2 first Monkey Island games and creator of the SCUMM engine, is now working at Hothead, who is making the Penny Arcade game.
biggrin.gif

yeah, money is always the reason. it's sad but true.

the telltale games are quite good but i don't like the cut-to-episodes approach. there are far to many repetitions in graphics and characters.
sadly ron gilbert isn't working on his own games but instead designs for other people (afaik he is working on an mmorpg/adventure-kinda game but it's in early planing state).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow so many games.
real time strategy, adventure games, first person shooters, third person shooters, role playing games, point and click games, puzzle games and whatever other genre I care to think of have had some spectacular outings many of which I could wax poetic over.

Time and time again I return to Elite though so I guess it would have to be that.

Of course a decent continuation of the Deus Ex series or 7th Guest/11th hour I would not say no to.

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
umm Rollercoaster Tycoon. Not 2 not 3 the original.
Also if you count mods Team Fortress Classic (I HATE so called TF2)

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OMG GOOD NEWS !

after months of looking for a playable copy of X-Com For windows XP I FOUND IT !

it now plays on my computer at REGULAR SPEED not SUPER FAST

now the game is abandonware but I dont know if i can link the game here is it possiable ?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge with the Mental Omega expantion.

oh, and Operation Neptune and The Incredible Machine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o