Farts and Fairy Dust

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
First news: no red death!!! For now!!! She said she only felt "half of it", so she's going to check back in 10 weeks to see if I'm dying yet or not.

I got my new schedule for the next few days: today 10-6, Sunday 10-6, Monday 10-7. That puts me at 18 hours for next week at the end of Monday, meaning he is only able to give me 9 more hours the rest of the week...hopefully not during my classes, but probably during my glorified gym class anyway.

I found out my manager thought hawaii and alaska were the 51 and 52nd states...(it makes him sound stupid, but he only moved here a few years ago, so you know.)

And from psychology class, I've been thinking a lot about gender roles, and how all that works, and I've come to the conclusion that we put too much value into them. Every person is born the same, as a human, and then men learn to take charge, and women learn to play the victim (which brings in another issue about taking advantage of people...). Every human is the same, just raised differently.

Also - why do we put so much emphasis on genitalia in our society? Why is it indecent to show my dick in public, but my hands, feet, head, and arms are completely acceptable? Its just another organ! It is boiling outside - why are we (men especially, these days) forced into restrictive, burning-- and for that matter boring-- clothing? I'm a human, not a mannequin. We have external organs. Get over it, prudes.

Screw it, I'm going to be a nudist.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I fully support if women want to waltz around naked, they should have the ability to.
Not so sure about guys. I'll meet that half way and say they can take their tops off.
wink.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, gender roles are supported partly due to biological aspects like genetics and hormones.
Though I agree that they are overly exaggerated in today's society.

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Actually, gender roles are supported partly due to biological aspects like genetics and hormones.

Yes and no. It would make sense for it to happen, but that alone isn't necessarily proof.

Also, there is a bird species (I forget which - sorry, it's been a while since high school biology) that has swapped gender roles - the male stays and takes care of the eggs while the female goes and gets noms.

QUOTE(Hells Malice @ Sep 4 2010, 03:25 PM) I fully support if women want to waltz around naked, they should have the ability to.
Not so sure about guys. I'll meet that half way and say they can take their tops off.
wink.gif

Meh. This is what I'm talking about. When you see a naked dog do you think "Eeeew! Penis!"? No! It's just a dog, just like it's just a (wo)man. Just don't pay attention to genitalia.

Also - a nudist society would help a child develop by cutting out the freudian phallic stage (girls will realize that it is acceptable to not have a penis, and penis envy will not occur, and boys will realize that they are not the only ones with small ones), thusly creating a more gender neutral society.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
_Chaz_ said:

Yes and no. It would make sense for it to happen, but that alone isn't necessarily proof.

Also, there is a bird species (I forget which - sorry, it's been a while since high school biology) that has swapped gender roles - the male stays and takes care of the eggs while the female goes and gets noms.
That is a penguin...

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
monkat said:
_Chaz_ said:

That is a penguin...

Well, hey! Them too, but I was thinking of a tropical bird.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
_Chaz_ said:
monkat said:
_Chaz_ said:

That is a penguin...

The seahorse?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
_Chaz_ said:
monkat said:
_Chaz_ said:

That is a penguin...

Tropical penguins?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well I do think it is proven that male human beings have a much higher value of testosterone, which is a hormone making us manlier
tongue.gif
and there's also a lot of female hormones making women into women. These do have psychological effects, and doesn't just give men 'staches and women breasts...

Still I agree that there's too much emphasis on the gender thingies... Like.. Good luck finding a young girls clothes that isn't pink in the stores...

However I feel that "nudistism" is a little awkward, not because I have a problem with the human body. But society has rendered the nude body as something related to sex and taboo. it's just a part of evolution, and I think there's nothing we could do about it. For example also, I don't feel comfortable showing myself nude. I don't like my belly (i'm kinda overweight) and i can't stand the thought of showing my penis in front of others... Yes it's just an organ, but society has shaped at least my way of thinking into "not okay".
Second, I wouldn't want my girlfriend to show her bits and pieces to everybody... I want it to be a beautiful thing for me and my eyes only. Not treating girls as objects mind you! I mean that both ways, My nude body should be for my special one, and her alone.

smile.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
girls will realize that it is acceptable to not have a penis
Oh god, that reminds me of this art I saw of a loli furry, and she was dressed kinda' like a tomboy, and she looked all sad and tearing up and freaked out, and she was saying something like "Why doesn't my penis look like all the other boys', is it broken?"

IT WAS SO CUTE! XD

But the site I found it on is currently non-operational.
frown.gif

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
monkat said:
Issac said:
I want it to be a beautiful thing for me and my eyes only.

childish....capitalism...childish capitalism!

Yeah I'm clearly not cut out to live in this world.

Simmer. It was a joke at the expense of capitalism, you were just in the room while I was telling it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1