Falling out of the universe...

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its hard to comprehend something never having an end, The only logical explanation for the universe is that its spherical and all existence resides inside the bubble
Then the outside of the bubble wouldn't exist. If there is an outside, outside is extant, and thus is actually inside the existence bubble.
Indeed and this is why I said the very notion is hard to comprehend.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Its hard to comprehend something never having an end, The only logical explanation for the universe is that its spherical and all existence resides inside the bubble
Then the outside of the bubble wouldn't exist. If there is an outside, outside is extant, and thus is actually inside the existence bubble.
Indeed and this is why I said the very notion is hard to comprehend.
As I continue to think about infinity, I find that, to the contrary, something never having an end is actually the easier to comprehend proposition for me. I know this is lazy of me, and akin to the "it's turtles all the way down" and "god is the creation that needed no creator" fallacies, but as a shorthand to something I'll never be able to wrap my head around, I'm sticking with it for now. It certainly doesn't stop me from eating this sandwich.

Reactions: 1 person

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No it will not, it's very probable nobody will ever realise the truth, with it ever expanding and been doing so for billions of years. I understand that everything must have an end, due to what we've been taught and raised on but the concept of something existing outside of existence boggles my mind,

That's why i perceive it as the universe just being a bubble that will simply imp-load on it's self, but what'll exist then will obviously never be known. It must become something, the basic rule of physics is energy doesn't simply disappear it is just transfered

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted-236924

The Edge of the Universe is where the servers for the EoF are.

It would also be impossible to fall outside of the universe, since that would imply there's gravity.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If space is expending, in what space is it expending in?

conspiracy-keanu.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
From what ive read, there are are things beyond the edges of the universe... I dont really understand it myself. Something about tons and tons of static electricity and electro magnetic waves of all kinds.
Surely that's speculation of what's beyond the edges of the observable universe. If it exists it is, by definition, within the universe.
Now, now - if it exists, it is, by definition, within *a* universe.

Get ready to have your minds blown! What if outside our universe... is... another universe? :P /notreallyseriousbutwe'llseewherethisgoes

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what ive read, there are are things beyond the edges of the universe... I dont really understand it myself. Something about tons and tons of static electricity and electro magnetic waves of all kinds.
Surely that's speculation of what's beyond the edges of the observable universe. If it exists it is, by definition, within the universe.
Now, now - if it exists, it is, by definition, within *a* universe.

Get ready to have your minds blown! What if outside our universe... is... another universe? :P /notreallyseriousbutwe'llseewherethisgoes
For all we know, you become another universe. What if our universe was made by some object falling out of another universe where matter was significantly more dense, and as a result, our universe which was made from matter in that universe is much less dense and the dense matter that was at the origin of the Big Bang was just some object the scientists in the other universe sent to the edge of their universe as an experiment to test this very question? :wtf:

Also, just to clarify, I'm not being serious either.

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Interesting!
This is always a fun one to answer even though there is no answer yet(that is if we still cease to exist).
But I have no serious answer since I know little about it.

I doubt any of us will exist whenever (IF ever) we finally reach the "end". It surely is mysterious and makes us think even if it's for 10seconds about what lays beyond.
Heck, some say parallel universes exist. (if anyone interested..and yes you do have to read)

I would love to think there is an end so we can finally have some cool or scary answers. But at the moment, I see pure infinite space. Let just see how far humankind can get. We're already on Mars. Woo.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Reading through the responses leads me to another question: How exactly was the universe created when matter cannot be created, for some of you the answer may be god, however if that is your answer (I'm not critizing you or your beliefs in any way here) what exactly created him/her/it? Matter? If so, how was the matter in existance?

Sort of reminds me of the chicken and the egg question (Although I believe that's fairly obvious if you believe in evolution!)

Perhaps my future grandchildren may know the answers to these questions. I hate to say it but, I honestly doubt they will ever be answered in my lifetime...

Also, that Pacman theory is interesting but I don't see how it would work, it would involve some sort of teleportation and I honestly don't get how that would work...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I already went (there is no edge of the universe as far anybody not already at it is concerned by virtue of the expanding universe itself).

It is energy can not be created or destroyed (only converted or stored) but matter is be able to be created (certainly new elements made and various types of matter broken down- see particle and/or nuclear physics beyond the four components of mattter and anti matter plus electrons) although it is pain at this point in time; certainly if you learned to push around quarks reliably you would probably be able to retire at the end of the year or indeed two days from then. Beyond that we probably have to invoke string theory and/or related/alternative theories.

As to why I ask instead is it an important question over say what happened in that early point in time (see things like Electromagnetic and weak fundamental forces effectively being combined in early stages)?

As for infinity and to befuddle mthrnite more- search either for greater infinities (see also aleph numbers) or ponder that there are the same amount of numbers between 1 and 2 as there are between infinities.

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find it all to be a bit mind-numbing tbh.
My tendency as a rank layman is to think there are infinite universal bubbles of relatively concentrated matter. I think this because I've been trained to intuit things in an "as above, so below" way. In other words, big things are composed of smaller "like" things. But given that subatomic particles behave with a different set of rules than atomic particles, one would easily guess that there are a different set of laws for the super massive scale as well. So, the notion that the Universe is simply a really big atom of a larger body may not work. "As above, so below" may still apply however, just on such a grand scale that we cannot observe the pattern.
Yeah, with the recent talks about new 'dimensions' on the subatomic level, I can't help but think if space is the only 'dimension' we look at, there might actually be 'boundaries' of the universe that we're not considering. I tend to think of space as analogous to the number line. The number line is infinite. But something that's infinite in one 'dimension' can still have 'boundaries' in a different dimension. Take y = 1/(x+1) for example, if the universe was analogous to the function, and space was to x; the universe might appear to be infinite in x. But as the universe approaches infinity in x, it actually has y=0 as the 'limit', in the x,y 'dimension'.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
The way I see it is this.

Beyond the boundaries of the universe nothing exists. Time, physics, matter, energy gravity and so on are all contained within the universe. People envision the end of the universe as a solid boundary or a void. It is neither of these things as matter, time and so on do not exist there, a void can be filled, a boundary is solid and tangible. Going past the threshold of the universe would be the equivalent of a bubble reaching the top of a glass of water, you would simply pop out of existence and reality. That is of course if time matter and so on break down at the same point of the threshold. If time breaks down before matter does you would be at the precipice of the universe forever in the past, present and the future all at the same time but without time. If matter breaks down before time does you would simply cease to be and vanish. If the Laws of physics break down first there would be nothing holding you together and nothing to pull you apart, so you would be everywhere in the universe and nowhere at the same time.

More than likely all of these things would happen to you at once. Past, present, future, nowhere, timeless, everywhere, intangible, without force and unaffected by the other forces.

The best way that I can describe it is this, it would be like you were a drop of water hitting the ocean, the ocean being the universe and you were immediately diluted to every part of it. But at the same time you are not a part of it and are unaffected by everything in it. And because time does not apply you have always existed there even before you hit the ocean and you always will exist there even though you do not exist.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg