k0walski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Hi!
I would like to ask for real-user experience opinions about racing wheel/pedals (and not necessarily shifter) for PS4. I'm considering something like Logitech G29/923 or T-GT II, but would really like to know if any of you have used one of these or others. Based on what I've seen already, G29 is quite noisy, while Thrustmaster is quiet. The target games are F1 and GT.

Just a note: I'm not considering setting up a cockpit, or buying a dedicated base (at least for now). Just attaching it to the table...

Thanks.

Panzer_Baboon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Logitech G920 (G29 equivalent) for the Series X. Mine isn't as noisy as some of the videos online make it seem like. You can reduce the noise by turning down the vibration and force feedback settings. You can reduce it even more by getting a proper stand that sits on the floor. You clamp it to a wooden table, and it's going to resonate even more making it more noisy.

I bought this stand: https://www.vevor.com/racing-wheel-...for-g29-g920-ps4-t300rs-t500rs-p_010591142228

It is weighted really well. No chance in tipping. Adjustable in every way you could need. Pretty cheap, but it was well worth the money. Barely any noise with it sitting on a carpeted floor.

Reactions: k0walski

Panzer_Baboon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's awesome for me just driving around in Forza Horizon games mainly. I haven't had a wheel since the Logitech wheel that came out alongside Gran Turismo 3, so this was a massive step up. It was $100 cheaper ($200 on sale) than the newest model Logitech, so I didn't think it was worth it for slightly newer tech.

I was looking at a Thrustmaster wheel that had the little digital display. It was $150 more, the shifter would've been $200 vs $60 if I wanted it...so I just settled for the cheapest option. Sure I'd like a hybrid or direct drive wheel, but they're way too much money.

It literally takes my breath away at times being so immersive compared to using a controller and using wheels from 20+ years ago. I don't drive as much as I used to, so it's really awesome.

Reactions: k0walski

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0