Gaming Fake Pokemon Platinum

GamerzInc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So my friend came over yesterday and brought over his Pokemon Platinum game he received on Ebay from Taiwan. When he first gets here he says it takes two minutes to save every time, even when its not "saving a lot of data." I don't believe him till he shows me this. So, to see if its the actual game I load up savesender on my Cyclods then swap carts. The title ID, if I recall, came up as "YJLOADER". I couldn't find any info on this. Also, on the back of the cart where you can see the board. The first cart was missing a letter or symbol or whatever it as all DS carts have. I then noticed that the front of the cart's picture was stretched and upon closer inspection was completely photoshopped. Well, this is just a warning out there to everyone. Be careful. Hopefully they'll still let him enter the tourney, assuming he can connect to PBR.

Here's the seller.
http://myworld.ebay.com/kinetronics.inc

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
OMFG said:
Well no offence to those whos asian (im asian myself btw)
Beware when buying stuff from sellers from asians.
Most of the time its only scams.

As he said. It doesn't matter what the game is, if you're buying from a seller in an Asian country on a site like Ebay, it's almost certain to be a bootleg.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No matter from where you buy stuff there is always a chance of it being fake. The only reason why its like this in Asia, its because off all the piracy, it isnt as controlled as it is in EU or USA.

Wait a minute controlled
rofl2.gif
, but i guess you guys get my point.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol, fake pokémon games have been in this world since, well, the first pokémon games.

I still have a fake Ruby somewhere..

EDIT: didnt buy that one in/from asia btw, but in spain.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
Pic or it didn't happen.

But really let everyone see how much of a piece of junk it is
and what did he pay ? a dollar ? anything under 20 dollar for a Pokemon ds game is bound to be fake.

p.s: from the link
there not even shipping costs WTF.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depends on country

I have had good experiences with sellers in Singapore, Japan, and Taiwan on Ebay, but beware of Chinese sellers unless the seller has a high rating and maybe check a little bit just in case.

GamerzInc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lmao, I don't have pics he took his cart with him. Why would I make this up also? This was just to warn others. I believe he payed $27 for it. Also, I know there have been fake pokemon games since the first one. I remember getting one just for the heck of it. However, the easiest way to spot them back then, for myself, was the whole in game time clock thing and save file corrupted. His doesn't have either of these. I would like to see though if it connects to PBR next time he comes over. Does anyone know what YJLOADER is?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
well.. someone told me about fake pokemon platinum. He got it from ebay~!
yeah same symptoms the save would take ages
seriously don't buy original carts through ebay or what~!

at least try get it from a credible online shop

Shadz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have a fake emerald. The box says something retarted like "enter the world of fairies" and then you know you got scammed...

Buy games from shops like EB Games, or if your Aussie, Dick Smiths, JB-hifi, Big W, Game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare