Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I've just received my DSi XL, and I tested my acekard 2i. Unfortunately, it tells me that it's a fake one, so I checked the chip under the sticker, it is an actel, so my acekard is a fake.
I'm really disapointed with FL-Games (that's where I ordered) I thought they were legit, I ordered a lot of stuff to them before, without problems.
What can I do now ? Will Akaio work ? Is there a risk to brick something ?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Maybe. Just what kind of error - actel alone does not tell all since old batch had a chip too - you could report to the store - and if you just have necessary hardware to update a DSi XL, dealextreme is one cheap resource for a REAL acekard 2i

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ben_j said:
I've just received my DSi XL, and I tested my acekard 2i. Unfortunately, it tells me that it's a fake one, so I checked the chip under the sticker, it is an actel, so my acekard is a fake.
I'm really disapointed with FL-Games (that's where I ordered) I thought they were legit, I ordered a lot of stuff to them before, without problems.
What can I do now ? Will Akaio work ? Is there a risk to brick something ?
ask for a replacement - best bet, hopefully they're decent enough to do so.

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
JereTHEend said:
Maybe. Just what kind of error - actel alone does not tell all since old batch had a chip too - you could report to the store - and if you just have necessary hardware to update a DSi XL, dealextreme is one cheap resource for a REAL acekard 2i

I took the official acekard software and when I load a .nds (homebrew or game) I get a screen telling me that my acekard is not genuine. I tried Akaio 1.6 and it does not load, Akaio 1.5 works and I can load .nds without problems. But I'm still pissed. I asked them to replace it or to refund.

If they don't reply I'm stuck with Akaio 1.5... Anyway I'll get a Supercard Two when it's finally out.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yea, if they are carrying fakes I bet you get back only fakes - If you have option for paypal there is worldwide free shipping. Also cheap and real - all i can say though is dealextreme is legit, but regardless of my output many are not comfortable to get stuff from them.

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Got an instant answer to my mail. Their supplier gave them clones in the middle of the other ones. They're replacing it. And I prefer FL Games to DealExtreme because it's in France, and I get my stuff the day after or 2 days after I ordered. Whereas with Dealextreme I can wait 2 or more weeks...

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I hope they'll replace it
smile.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hackotedelaplaque said:
I just noticed that AKAIO 1.6 works fine on my old DS Phat so I guess it's not a clone card.
How could it be that it stucks on Loading screen with DSiXLL ?
I believe it's an cloned Acekard 2.1 which has been fudged to work with the DSi. Also the reason they won't run the FW update.

They normally say it's an Acekard 2 or 2.1 in the DS start screen rather than a AceKard 2i. These clone carts are HWID 8080 the same as Acekard 2.1's, where as Genuine AceKard 2i's are 8181 or 4444.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ben_j said:
Got an instant answer to my mail. Their supplier gave them clones in the middle of the other ones. They're replacing it. And I prefer FL Games to DealExtreme because it's in France, and I get my stuff the day after or 2 days after I ordered. Whereas with Dealextreme I can wait 2 or more weeks...

I expect most retailers got duped by their suppliers rather than intentionally buying clones. However, they would have known they were clones before they sent them out.

Acekards are sent to retailers in bulk packaging. The boxes are flat, the plastic inserts are all stacked inside each other and the carts are sent bare to retailers. The retailers have to stick the stickers on the carts, and should have noticed something was up with them.

I imagine most are doing what RealHotStuff were doing, send them out knowing that most won't notice they are clones and then offer to replace them if they notice. Unfortunately the've come a cropper as AKAIO 1.6 doesn't work on them.

What they should have done is sent these clone carts out as AceKart 2.1's instead of the bad batch savegame 2.1's and sent the bad 2.1's back to Acekard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.