not famous
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I was burning my SSBB iso and imgburn said that it 'failed to finalise the disc'. All I want to know is what does that mean and is that bad? Will it not play? Other than that, everything went fine.
Thank You!
P.S. My uncompressed iso was only 7.92gb. I though is was supposed to be 8+gb.
huh.gif

ynot914

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try it out! I have had similar problems as such, and it worked out!! Also, your image is the right size... it is not over 8 gbs (although I though it was supposed at first too)!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See if you have a "high compatibility mode" setting turned on in the burning options and turn it off. That mode will try to write something like an extra gig of data to the disk for some kind of extra compatibility with DVD readers.....which is unnecessary for an ISO on the Wii. It can cause the disk to run out of space an fail to complete the burning process.

The disk you burned is probably a coaster because of that. Of course, if it actually runs the game, you should be good anyway, but I doubt it. It may run fine at first, but when you get to a later part of the game, it may crash on you.

I never did really understand that "high compatibility mode" setting. It has ALWAYS screwed me whenever it was on.

See if you have that setting on, uncheck it. That should fix the issue. I'd almost be willing to bet that's the problem.

iffy525

not famous
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
See if you have a "high compatibility mode" setting turned on in the burning options and turn it off. That mode will try to write something like an extra gig of data to the disk for some kind of extra compatibility with DVD readers.....which is unnecessary for an ISO on the Wii. It can cause the disk to run out of space an fail to complete the burning process.

The disk you burned is probably a coaster because of that. Of course, if it actually runs the game, you should be good anyway, but I doubt it. It may run fine at first, but when you get to a later part of the game, it may crash on you.

I never did really understand that "high compatibility mode" setting. It has ALWAYS screwed me whenever it was on.

See if you have that setting on, uncheck it. That should fix the issue. I'd almost be willing to bet that's the problem.
Ok, will do Rayder. Thanks for the info.
biggrin.gif
This will surely help me in the future too.
First I will check and see if it works though (of course).
EDIT: Does anyone know how to turn the high compatibility mode off in ImgBurn?
laugh.gif

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See if you have a "high compatibility mode" setting turned on in the burning options and turn it off. That mode will try to write something like an extra gig of data to the disk for some kind of extra compatibility with DVD readers.....which is unnecessary for an ISO on the Wii. It can cause the disk to run out of space an fail to complete the burning process.

The disk you burned is probably a coaster because of that. Of course, if it actually runs the game, you should be good anyway, but I doubt it. It may run fine at first, but when you get to a later part of the game, it may crash on you.

I never did really understand that "high compatibility mode" setting. It has ALWAYS screwed me whenever it was on.

See if you have that setting on, uncheck it. That should fix the issue. I'd almost be willing to bet that's the problem.

Ok, will do Rayder. Thanks for the info.
biggrin.gif
This will surely help me in the future too.
First I will check and see if it works though (of course).
EDIT: Does anyone know how to turn the high compatibility mode off in ImgBurn?
laugh.gif

Check out what I found in Google.

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=high+com...ts=&safe=images

iffy525

not famous
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hm, it doesn't seem like I can turn high compatibility mode off in imgburn, so I guess it won't ever be able to finalise. I'll just have to test it out.
By the way, what software do you use to burn, Rayder?

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i had a stack of crappy memorex dvd+r's and like 65% failure rate with them in my old drive... but i had nothing to lose to try one right?
so i burned one at max x8Â and it even had a FAILED TO FINALIZE (press retry and finalized after all.)
so i thought ill play with the last LG burn till i got an error, well my first error came after 4secods when Mario shows(fastest error yet) in the opening movie(normally errors at link)...
so i sawped to the memorex. Not only did it finish the movie smothly, i got passed my last set of errors from the last story mode mission move that i have been stuck in.

iv been having endless issues with getting ssbb working smothly and this latest burn works best yet even tho it failed to finalize

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, it doesn't seem like I can turn high compatibility mode off in imgburn, so I guess it won't ever be able to finalise. I'll just have to test it out.
By the way, what software do you use to burn, Rayder?

Either Nero or Alcohol 120% is what I tend to use. I don't actually have a Wii....I was speaking from experience when copying movies or burning PC games.

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i burned this the other day with 0 probs..my setup

memorex dvd+r DL (14.99/10, imgburn says these are actually ritek) from walmart
smile.gif

pioneer dvr-109
ImgBurn 2.3.2.0
caravan release