Hacking Factory Restored HACKED 3DS (Now cant see hax)

D

Deleted User

Oh, I chose to hack it and gave it to the store but, I had friends who had a 3ds and wanted to play with them but I couldn’t because I would get banned for using online play (the guy at the store said) and I wanted to turn it back to stock firmware because I always have to be cautious and I want my 3ds to be legitimate so...

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, I chose to hack it and gave it to the store but, I had friends who had a 3ds and wanted to play with them but I couldn’t because I would get banned for using online play (the guy at the store said) and I wanted to turn it back to stock firmware because I always have to be cautious and I want my 3ds to be legitimate so...
The guy at the store. They know shit all about how cfw and 3ds hacking works. You will not get banned for going online with a cfw system. thats only if you use cheats online or use leaked games online before official release date.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Softbrick means the software becomes unusable and the 3DS is essentially as useful as this old dirty brick:
N3DSXL_on_brick.jpg

Well…
GodMode9 1.6.3… New enough. You’re have B9S installed.

Download latest Luma and latest GodMode9 and put the files onto your SD. In addition to what is already there it should look like this:
DemoSD.png

Then you can follow the uninstall instructions.

But as @lone_wolf323 already stated: cfw will not lead to a ban (and uninstalling it would not prevent it if the console was hacked at some point.) I still advise against uninstalling.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still want to have it back to stock ok? (DONT JUDGE ME)
Are you prepared with the possibility of semi-permanently softbricking your 3DS if you choose to remove the custom firmware? If your remove CFW with an imperfect 3DS firmware, your system can be rendered inoperable where the only way to fix it is to rehack with an NTRboot DS flashcart.

D

Deleted User

Are those the folders? And do I have to make folders for luma and gm9? Plus I already had a crash dump-black screen thingy once already, had to bring it to the store. I also know how to recover your 3ds from a softbrick and there will most likely not be a softbrick because everything is ok with my system (I think). One more thing, do I basically have to install the entire hack again and then uninstall it?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

is anyone here? I need help. And can't i just follow the finalization steps?

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

All of that? Which are the most important and do I uninstall them later? I don’t have a SD card reader to do that now but I need to know which files to download and can you just like, tell me what to do like step by step? Plus, in the guide it has some folders and things that I don’t have, should I install them? Thanks.

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of that? Which are the most important and do I uninstall them later? I don’t have a SD card reader to do that now but I need to know which files to download and can you just like, tell me what to do like step by step? Plus, in the guide it has some folders and things that I don’t have, should I install them? Thanks.
You should first get yourself a USB SD card reader or borrow a computer that has one built-in. If the idea of using that entire CFW starter kit does not bode well with you, follow directions found in the Updating B9S and Finalizing Setup guides and use only files that they specify. You can either pull those files from that kit or download/recollect them yourself from their official GitHub release pages. If you're not sure where to place certain folders and files, study that starter kit's setup as a baseline when producing your own.

Your most important folder is Nintendo 3DS as this contains all your 3DS titles and saves + extdata. Every other folder will depend what their importance means to you (Example, your collection of HOME Menu themes and roms for retrogames & emulators).

Telling you step by step here would be a rehash of what's written in those previously mentioned guides. You should perhaps not do anything to your 3DS until after studying some basic ins & outs of how 3DS custom firmware and homebrew works. Read the 3ds.hacks.guide from the beginning as if it was the first time hacking your 3DS system.

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
So download and make every single file mentioned? Are there any other files I need to download?
You need to stop! Read the damn guides you have been linked to so you understand what you are doing. You are gonna screw up your 3DS at this rate.

D

Deleted User

THEN WHAT DO I DO!!??? I don’t have most of the files and most of the folders!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

I read the entire whole thing and even more of it so yes I know what to do. And do you have to download other files!?
The guide has some things that there are no links to download.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Ok... I actually kinda get the guide now so... All I’m scared of is that I will break my 3ds so. All I gotta do is just download the files Kleines Sinchen showed me (Luma and gm9) and put them in folders like how Kleines showed me and then you do updating b9s and finalization steps (or maybe before that) and then finally, uninstalling it.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In like 2 hours I'll have 1Gbps Internet lol