Facebook Login

JoeyMcGee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Doesn't this just allow 'dupe-accounting' without dupe accounts?

Just my two cents...

This thread is primarily meant to show a large hole in the rules, not that I am trying to take advantage of them. I am just trying to do what I believe is best for the community, which in this case is blurting about this vulnerability.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood [guesswhatogeshere]

D

Deleted-236924

This lets you link your GBATemp account to your facebook account so that you can log in with a simple click, provided that you are logged onto Facebook.

Where's the problem?

JoeyMcGee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I can only get it to set up as a second account... As seen by my username which = my Facebook name (without spaces though)... I can't find where to 'link Facebook and my account' - do they have to be the same email address?

-[Someone]

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Go to the UserCP, and there is a tab for Manage Facebook or something similar to that. You link it there as far as I'm aware.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I linked my FB account to my username here and it works fine... I even logged out of GBAtemp and re logged in with facebook and it brought me to this account. That is also how it changed my pic to that of me and my girlfriend... which I will soon be changing back to the Inglip picture.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I linked my FB account, and I still see two separate users... Am I just getting weird problems?

It doesn't combine accounts. I just linked in my UserCP, so I know it works. You just made a mistake of going about it the wrong way the first time.

JoeyMcGee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I linked my FB account to my username here and it works fine... I even logged out of GBAtemp and re logged in with facebook and it brought me to this account. That is also how it changed my pic to that of me and my girlfriend... which I will soon be changing back to the Inglip picture.
You are a cute couple :) [/offtopic]

I linked my FB account, and I still see two separate users... Am I just getting weird problems?

It doesn't combine accounts. I just linked in my UserCP, so I know it works. You just made a mistake of going about it the wrong way the first time.
Any way to fix this?

Costello, can you help me out here? (P.S. I am Jceggbert5)

JoeyMcGee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So go into USer CP, go to Facebook Settings, desynchronize this gbatemp account from your facebook one. Log back into your normal gbatemp account and link your facebook to that. Problem solved (should be?)

I get: (oh nice rich text pasting...)
Facebook Connect Mismatch
The Facebook account you are currently logged into is already linked to another forum account.
You will need to log out of Facebook before returning here if you want to configure these options.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo