Hacking EZFlash Redux. New 3ds flash cart?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi again Mbmax...my old sosuke friend....interesting is they support EZFLASHVi for 3DS...not created a new flashcard, when flashcards are useless

Greetings
I agree with the fact that custom firmware rules the 3DS world nowadays, but i'm curious and i will probably get my hands on this stuff just because of that. :D

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do people still buy 3ds flashcarts anymore? :U

Yes, there is a sizable amount of persons who:
1- are on 11.x or even a directly hackable version, but would rather have the work done for them instead of reading and thinking
2- want to keep their system unhacked, and don't have a hardmod to do a 100% clean backup
3- like the good old experience of a magic microsd adapter with all their games in it
4- brickway's cfw is actually superior in cheats
5- don't genuinely know any better
6- some of the above
7- all of the above

Reactions: nccom

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sounds like a GW3DS clone, but I'll be tuned to it. I quite like EZ Flash.
A trailer of it launched, showing that they have a menu just like Gateway, but theirs have a 3x2 menu instead of the 5x1 that Gateway has. Also, instead of GW3D, they have EZR for their EmuNAND support. Here's the link to the video:

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
A trailer of it launched, showing that they have a menu just like Gateway, but theirs have a 3x2 menu instead of the 5x1 that Gateway has. Also, instead of GW3D, they have EZR for their EmuNAND support. Here's the link to the video:

So it is probably a GW clone. That's a shame. I still may get one for collection. Unlike the GW, I like the EZ Flash team.

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So it is probably a GW clone. That's a shame. I still may get one for collection. Unlike the GW, I like the EZ Flash team.
The only reason that probably would make me sell my current Gateway to buy another flashcard is if they were an all-in-one flashcard like DSTwo+ that would let me always stay on the latest version, because it would be quite handy not needing to change flashcard when I want to play a DS/3DS game.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
obvious gateway clone or they pointlessly imitated the gateway menu's design, only flashcard worth genuine consideration at this point is sky3ds if you don't like messing with cfw or your on 11.x or whatever :sleep:

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
obvious gateway clone or they pointlessly imitated the gateway menu's design, only flashcard worth genuine consideration at this point is sky3ds if you don't like messing with cfw or your on 11.x or whatever :sleep:
Well, Gateway's a little better than Sky3ds. Let's say that you have 100 games and want to get to the 50th game. At both of them, when you select a game, you have to wait 5 seconds for the game to be mounted. On Sky3ds+, you would have to go through 49 games to get to the 50th game (49x5=245 seconds. 245:60=more or less 4 minutes). But, if you have a Gateway, you would have to go to the 50th game and mount only the 5th game, having to wait just 5 seconds instead of 4 minutes.

If you're on a FW version that supports both, everyone recommends Gateway.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well, Gateway's a little better than Sky3ds. Let's say that you have 100 games and want to get to the 50th game. At both of them, when you select a game, you have to wait 5 seconds for the game to be mounted. On Sky3ds+, you would have to go through 49 games to get to the 50th game (49x5=245 seconds. 245:60=more or less 4 minutes). But, if you have a Gateway, you would have to go to the 50th game and mount only the 5th game, having to wait just 5 seconds instead of 4 minutes.

If you're on a FW version that supports both, everyone recommends Gateway.
well if your on a fw that supports gw cfw is also an option, so with the exception of a few specific circumstances gw is fairly redundant, still a decent card if you own it but not really needed at this point, whilst sky3ds does have a unique selling point as it runs on any fw so even if Nintendo make a new update that kills all downgrade methods sky3ds in theory would still be good (assuming Nintendo dont figure out a new way of blocking it completely for all games)

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well if your on a fw that supports gw cfw is also an option, so with the exception of a few specific circumstances gw is fairly redundant, still a decent card if you own it but not really needed at this point, whilst sky3ds does have a unique selling point as it runs on any fw so even if Nintendo make a new update that kills all downgrade methods sky3ds in theory would still be good (assuming Nintendo dont figure out a new way of blocking it completely for all games)
Then, let's say that you somehow manage to get 301 games. If you use CFW, not only you wouldn't be able to have all of them at the same time, and if you had a 128/256GB microSD, your 3DS would start to lag. Gateway wouldn't lag and you would be able to have all the games you want.

Plus, let's say that you have Gateway AND CFW. 256GB microSD costs $200. You could get two 128GB microSD that costs $40 for less than half the price of a 256GB one and put one in your Gateway and one in you 3DS. Same storage, but less laggy, with infinite games and that costs $80 instead of $200.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Then, let's say that you somehow manage to get 301 games. If you use CFW, not only you wouldn't be able to have all of them at the same time, and if you had a 128/256GB microSD, your 3DS would start to lag. Gateway wouldn't lag and you would be able to have all the games you want.

Plus, let's say that you have Gateway AND CFW. 256GB microSD costs $200. You could get two 128GB microSD that costs $40 for less than half the price of a 256GB one and put one in your Gateway and one in you 3DS. Same storage, but less laggy, with infinite games and that costs $80 instead of $200.
Not infinite, technically.

Anyway, the GW has a significant number of downsides.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They block it via game-side AP, isn't it? That's why the Sky3DS+ came out, with the ability to be updated from its micro USB port, to bypass the AP.

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supposedly it is similar to GW according to the ezflash team

I already have a couple of them , but still don't have the final file as they are still testing

I can test whatever you guys wish when i do get the final file

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
supposedly it is similar to GW according to the ezflash team

I already have a couple of them , but still don't have the final file as they are still testing

I can test whatever you guys wish when i do get the final file
Well, at least they're upfront about that.

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, at least they're upfront about that.

I think most cards like these will be gateway clones or offer a small tweak in function
it will be cheaper than the gateway cards

The ez team is pretty good with responses ( well at least from a dealer) , i like their ez flash IV cards and is probably one of the best gba cards out there if you don't mind the whole patching thing.
The everdrive gba cart seems too high cost , though it appears that patching is not required for games to save. That cart sticks out too much though

I think the only card at the moment that is truly different than the gateway is a sky3ds. The whole button clicking is somewhat annoying in the sky3ds but its is more ideal with people who don't like to fiddle or deal with emunand

Reactions: Ryccardo

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole button clicking is somewhat annoying in the sky3ds but its is more ideal with people who don't like to fiddle or deal with emunand
Or people stuck on 11.0 who don't know that they can downgrade with a hardmod and install cfw which is still cheaper then sky3ds and even gateway

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I think most cards like these will be gateway clones or offer a small tweak in function
it will be cheaper than the gateway cards

The ez team is pretty good with responses ( well at least from a dealer) , i like their ez flash IV cards and is probably one of the best gba cards out there if you don't mind the whole patching thing.
The everdrive gba cart seems too high cost , though it appears that patching is not required for games to save. That cart sticks out too much though

I think the only card at the moment that is truly different than the gateway is a sky3ds. The whole button clicking is somewhat annoying in the sky3ds but its is more ideal with people who don't like to fiddle or deal with emunand
Agree. I may get the EZ Flash Redux, just for the quality of EZ Flash's previous products.

D

Deleted-19228

What third world country are you from that is charging $200 for a 256GB MicroSD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol