Hacking Ezflash 3 in 1 Causing DS to boot up with white screens

greenisaac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I fear my Ezflash 3 in 1 may have been corrupted. When it is connected in the GBA slot of my DS lite the DS boots up with two white screens and nothing happens. I erase the blocks of the EZ Flash as even if I start it without the Ezflash inserted whenever it is reinserted the system resets so I can't run any Ezflash management programs.

I have tried removing the battery from the Ezflash for a few hours but still have the same problem.

Is there a way I can get it working again or force the DS to boot up from the slot 1 card even if there the offending card is in slot 2 - or insert the slot 2 Ezflash card without the system resetting?

Thanks!

greenisaac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK - I think I have cured it in case this happens to someone else.

WARNING - THIS WORKED FOR ME BUT MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE DS

You need the NOR Eraser http://filetrip.net/f2710-Hyperlisk's-NOR-Eraser.html installed on a Slot 1 card.

Boot up the DS with the Slot 1 card but WITHOUT the Ezflash 3 in 1 card inserted.

Before running NOR Eraser push the Ezflash 3 in 1 card partly into the DS but don't push it all the way in - this might take a bit of trial and error as when you push too far the DS resets.

Now run the NOR Eraser and if the card is pushed in enough it will take a short while to erase the selected blocks. (I selected 10 blocks but probably only 4 are needed.) If the Ezflash card is not pushed in far enough it will complete the task instantly.

All being well things will be back to normal.

Hope this may help someone in the future!

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You more likely have the auto mode setting turned on in the DS settings. Slot2 will boot first over a slot1 in your case. Turning to manual fixes it the majority of the time. The rest of the time requires running NOR Eraser. For 3in1+ users requires a different way to fix it.

IMG_150591c.jpg

NOR Eraser only works for v1 and v2 of the 3in1. It doesn't work for a 3in1+ (v3). It is mainly used for fixing the fantom game issue.

This problem has been covered before even when the startup mode is set to manual.

greenisaac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there.

Thanks for your reply.

No - I did have it set to manual mode - I always do. I did try switching to auto and back again in the hope that along the way I could boot from slot 1 with the Ezflash inserted but no joy! The Ezflash completely disabled the DS whatever mode it was set in.

I tried to search for the answer here and the the rest of the internet but only found one thread with the same problem but that was unresolved but I probably didn't type in the right words.

Glad it is all resolved now! :-)

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK the DS is not designed to allow hot swapping of GBA carts. Sorry to the OP, but advising people to do what you did is a bad idea... One could brick their DS. Better a new $20 3-in1 than a $100+ DS, IMO.

greenisaac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You are probably right - that is probably why the DS resets when the card is inserted! I wouldn't normally insert a card while switched on. :-)

The ironic thing is I don't really use the 3 in 1 card much at all! I was just determined to get it back to normal!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy