EZ flash IV: FAT format not an option for Micro SD.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Metroidfan26, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Metroidfan26
    OP

Metroidfan26 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2014
    United States
    Minnesota
    Hey, so Recently I purchased the EZ flash IV for my GBA. I took out my Micro SD card and plugged it into my computer. As everyone says, "the format of the Micro SD must be FAT". As I went to change the format of my Micro sd to FAT, I soon realized that my card had no option of the Fat format, confused I did some research online and found other people with the same problem but no solution. I researched more and found out that only 2gb micro sd cards or less can run FAT, other cards require FAT32 or exFAT. I had a 8gb micro sd. Eager to get my EZ flash running I searched online for stores that sell 2gb cards online, surprisingly the only place I found that sold them in stores was Walgreens. I popped in my new micro sd, changed the format, and used the client to convert the files, the answer was satisfactory. My EZ flash was up and running roms. I thought I should share this with anyone that had the same problem.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You can't use SDHC cards with the EZFlash IV. Only 2GB or smaller cards will work.

Jayro likes this.
  3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    SDHC might work with a 2GB FAT partition, but I have not tested this theory.