ServbotMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
sup.

I have a problem with my Ez 3 in 1 (the newer model) and I require assistance!. well, when I try to play touhoumon "Link" (a hacked rom of pokemon with touhou characters) I get a black screen and a weird noise that repeats it self endlessly. I used gbaExploader 0.58 to write the rom to NOR and well... dunno wtf, every other game works just fine, so maybe the problem it's the rom ( the the game works flawlessly in VisualBoy) ... anyway, someone told me to use the app "Gba Tools 0.7" to patch the Sram... what I did and still doesn't work...

thanks in advance D:

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pokemon games as a rule require RTC patching, the exception to that is RED. The only other pokemon game without a working RTC patch is emerald.

Beyond knowing what the base version, such hacked versions have a downside that it breaks compatibility to run on alot of flashcarts.

In short, your stuck to playing that hacked version on VBA or the fake cart you got it on.

Whoever told you to SRAM patch it was not very smart, probably made it worse.

ServbotMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
bump because I just noticed, that I can load roms into NOR up to 16MB without problems, but now I tried with 32mb roms, like "bleach advance, "Pokemon mistery dungeon red rescue team", and "Mother 3 (with english patch)"... and I get the white screen always.

I tried loading them using YSmenu, gbaldr, and no luck so far.

goddamn this is weird.

ServbotMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
yes, after extensive testing I found I am unable to play gba roms over 16mb, I always get the white screen... and it's not a problem related to the save type.

I can write to NOR any rom less than 16mb and it will work flawlessly.

anyway, can someone help me so I can stop with my useless monologue?

please!

ServbotMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
how_do_i_do_that said:
use cory's loader, there is more than 1 loader app.

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4749

If you don't want to use it, thats too bad for you.

QUOTE(ServbotMan @ Dec 21 2009, 01:47 AM) I tried loading them using YSmenu, gbaldr, and no luck so far.

and I get the same problem; I can load games to NOR up to 16MB and play without problems of any kind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-