krogdude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok,
So, I have an unhacked Wii U with a few Games I bought digitally and a few VC Games. Also I bought a Steamdeck. Is there any way to backup those Games from the WII USB Drive to make them playable with Emulators on Steamdeack without jailbreaking the Wii U? I am planing on leaving it as it is and going for Analogue Pocket and Steamdeck in Terms of Retro Gaming and Emulation. Maybe Jailbreak a the Switch I have which is patchable.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok,
So, I have an unhacked Wii U with a few Games I bought digitally and a few VC Games. Also I bought a Steamdeck. Is there any way to backup those Games from the WII USB Drive to make them playable with Emulators on Steamdeack without jailbreaking the Wii U? I am planing on leaving it as it is and going for Analogue Pocket and Steamdeck in Terms of Retro Gaming and Emulation. Maybe Jailbreak a the Switch I have which is patchable.
Theoretically, yes. You'd have to use am exploit through the browser though. It would not be permanent

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you can so this on the system, but there is a disc dumper. Wfs tools can do both internal storage as well as usb. You can dump the otp, seeprom, and internal storage mlc without hacking the console. You just need to use the browser exploit and the nand dumping tool.

Reactions: jeannotte

krogdude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah ok, thanx. just wanted to check. It´s just Metroid Trilogy, Windwaker HD, Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission... I think the hassle getting it from the Wii U maybe not worth it comparing to getting it elsewhere I think. I really want to get into Emulation again and more old Stuff, but I am not up for too much hacking and hassle to getting there. I know many of the old rom sites are down. but it´s a hydra

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah ok, thanx. just wanted to check. It´s just Metroid Trilogy, Windwaker HD, Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission... I think the hassle getting it from the Wii U maybe not worth it comparing to getting it elsewhere I think. I really want to get into Emulation again and more old Stuff, but I am not up for too much hacking and hassle to getting there. I know many of the old rom sites are down. but it´s a hydra
look up "wii u usb help"

good luck

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
and are you sure emulation wiiU is enough good for those games? would be a shame your steamdeck heats too much because emulation is "not optimised"...
and for games, he is right! that's the best thing; or on reddit there lots of discussions and list of foroms...

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and are you sure emulation wiiU is enough good for those games? would be a shame your steamdeck heats too much because emulation is "not optimised"...
and for games, he is right! that's the best thing; or on reddit there lots of discussions and list of foroms...
my "wants to be as hot as the sun" gaming laptop emulates wind waker HD beautifully, flawlessly even. i can't speak for the steamdeck form factor but i think cemu development is making great strides lately, especially with the drop of version 2.0

i'm sure there are ways to improve cooling on such a small device, yeah?

and yes, reddit's cemu communities are definitely a place OP will want to check in the future!

Reactions: flowlapache

krogdude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Steamdeck should be ok without melting...will have to check reddit I think. need google drive or github stuff those torrents are a problem in my spying country, you never know.
I was checking lots of old hard drives today, I was shure I had all my rom collections there somewhere. all gone. what a sad day. but I am shure those snes, arcade, GBA stuff might not be all that hard to find on reddit...

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
You can use https://dumplingapp.com/ to launch the dumpling app on your Wii U. From there, you can copy your games to a FAT32 formatted USB drive or SD card. This works for all titles except Wii VC games, which must be dumped from inside the vWii.

A full guide on this can be read at https://cemu.cfw.guide/dumping-games in the "General dumping" tab

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1