ROM Hack Extract ICONS???

shaplayer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys,
i wanna ask if there is a programm which can bring the ICONS of the Charakter in a game out for me???
I mean games like ONE PIECE GIGANT BATTLE,is there a way to extract the ICONS of the Charakter in it???
Cause i wanna use the ICONS in a Game i wanna create..........for PSP....

Posts merged

And is it illegal???
If,yes then i am sry....please tell me if it is...

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
well, the images in the game come with a disclaimer "registered to". if the game has any 'registered to' that means it is copyrighted and you need to get permission first before you use them - especially if there is any money involved on your end... Take for example zoids battle coloseum there was an idiot that emailed me telling me of how he was using some of the images from the game that I had dumped - on his website- but because this website is an order here to get this zoids - a commercial thing. I warned him that these aren't my images and you better not. sure enough the site was closed down a day later and I got another email cursing me out.

IF ITS A COMMERCIAL GAME THAT YOU PAY MONEY TO BUY THE IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHTED. WHICH MEANS SOMEBODY WAS PAID FOR THEM WHICH ALSO MEANS YOU HAVE TO PAY TO USE THEM. IF YOU ARE GONNA MAKE MONEY OFF OF THEM. EVEN IF YOU AREN'T - ASK THEM ANYWAY. COVER YOURSELF FROM A LAWSUIT OR JAILTIME. PUT A DISCALIMER AFTER YOU ASK AND GET PERMISSION 'IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT OF SO AND SO" replace so and so with actual name of copyright holder and make sure your game also has the disclaimer may not be linked hosted or sold by anyone anywhere this is freeware, I am not responsible for harm or damage arising from this product. or some general disclaimer that gets rid of any responsibility on your part.
Any questions look up copyright.
I know sounds scary right, I meant it to be.
Look up some of the chinese nds rom hacks and see the disclaimors they have.
All that work becomes property of the company who originally made the game. Just to be safe. I on the other hand say that if anyone uses my work and gets money from it they better pay me for it. Despite this being a hobby. Which is why I can be tracked from my email registration here on gbatemp.
I am still surprised I have only seen one cancelled nds project on gbatemp due to legal issues (theres probably more...)

side note I still haven't got an answer back from either Tomy or Image Epoch, about "hacking" there games, I need to update my disclaimer now that I think of it.... jeez.

@machomuu doesn't matter if its homebrew. Same legal issues apply

Edit: forgot to add something
as to ripping the images there's tile viewers. Goto the wiki on the top of the nds - rom hacking and translations forum and read up. I am sensing that you didn't do that much research. I have already wasted to much time venting copyright trouble, to take the time to walk you through image ripping when there are already alot of threads on how to do this.
Shaplayer what's your native language? (just curious)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rastsan said:
No they don't, if you are selling the game different actions must be taken then if it's homebrew. Simply take a look at the many Super Smash Bros. Homebrew games.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
rastsan said:
No they don't, if you are selling the game different actions must be taken then if it's homebrew. Simply take a look at the many Super Smash Bros. Homebrew games.
Sorry... Homebrew or not, those are still using Licensed Characters.
It's essentially why the 3D remake of Chrono Trigger was shut down: All the code was written from scratch (and legal), it's the characters and story that were the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eUhuR8_ps