External HDD not connecting to TV

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I touch the HDD it's vibrating, but not as much as when plugged into my PC. The light is on as well. Would it be a good idea to get a USB hub that's AC powered or just get a thumb drive?

If you need the storage, the hub. Otherwise, the thumb drive. The same thing happened with one of my power hungry HDDs.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
OP
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you need the storage, the hub. Otherwise, the thumb drive. The same thing happened with one of my power hungry HDDs.

I can store everything on my 1TB HDD, and just transfer 1 or 2 movies at a time that I want to watch to the thumb drive. I wont be watching on a daily basis anyway, maybe once a week or so.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
OP
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
kenenthk Just watched that review and damn, that thing is pretty amazing. The android os on there is really nice and looks so easy to use too. I don't think I'd need all of it's features though.

I want to thank everyone who helped me out here, with suggestions and ideas. I ended up just getting a thumb drive to see if it was a power issue and it turns out that was the problem. So now I have a 32GB thumb drive that I've already loaded with movies and couldn't be happier. :)

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have an LN40D550 and never had problems with my 1TB HDD, but I use an AC adapter to power it. I know you're using thumbdrives now, but you could also look into a USB cable with an extra connector that plugs into two USB ports to give the HDD that extra juice it needs.

I don't really use the drive with the TV though, it's easier just to just connect the TV to my router via ethernet and just stream the movies from my PC. Only issue is it will play .MKV off HDD, but the exact same .MKV files won't play via streaming, but you can rename .MKV to .AVI to fool it and then they play on the TV just fine via streaming. Clearly just a bug in the TV's firmware that they never bothered fixing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==