Expansion Pak questions

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by d3td, Nov 24, 2009.

Nov 24, 2009

Expansion Pak questions by d3td at 4:48 AM (803 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. d3td
    OP

Newcomer d3td Member

United States
    1.Can you tell me the hardware specifications for the gba and the ram Pak?(for example the amount of ram in the ram pak)

2.Can the gba pak be used as a ram device for the Opera browser or homebrew that use the extra ram?

2. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Since there's a GBA pak and a RAM pak the GBA pak probably can't function as a RAM pak, or there wouldn't be any reason to have a separate RAM pak. I don't have a M3 myself, just common sense [​IMG]

3. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    And common sense fails you!

GBA expansion IS the RAM expansion, it can be used with Opera browser, you just have to patch the ROM with the right patch, something like this:
    http://filetrip.net/f510-Opera-Browser-(E)...--TRIFORCE.html

I'm not sure will this particular patch work with M3 Real as well, can't find it right now..

When you have only RAM expansion (comes with the rumble) I believe it has 4MB of RAM, but GBA Expansion comes with 32MB of RAM..

4. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    www.handheldsources.com, towards the bottom of the page they have the browser patch tool for the M3.

If you have an M3 Real then get the GBA expansion pack - you do not need an exploder porgram to play GBA roms and you get RTS on them as well.

5. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    Hmm I would think someone with as many posts as you wouldn't come in here, spouting information without knowing anything about it....replying to someone's post with assumed information is pointless.....and yes I am confirming the other post that the gba expansion pack can be used not only to run gba games but also the opera browser with the patch from handheldsources