Gaming Everything We Know About Super Smash Bros. 4

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 39,139
  • Replies 416
  • Likes 8

Which year do you think the first version (3DS or Wii U) of SSB4 will come out?

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 43 37.7%

Votes: 47 41.2%

Votes: 14 12.3%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2018+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you think about this idea?
This is actually really cool. I think a particularly great idea though would be a 4 player game, 2 playing as characters with pro controllers, and 2 controlling the items with Upads. one player and one "item dropper" will be on a team, and while the main player fighters, the "item dropper" could aim the Upad at the screen, and drop from a random assorted set of items near the player on their team
That would be awesome. Except if "friendly fire" is on, some can be a jerk and turn on people during battles. :P

I won't be in this thread anymore. Here's some news: http://www.nowgamer....ed_harada.html?
Well, there goes the thread. :P

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
wow, even votes on 2013/2014 release dates.
I voted 2013 over 2014 because I imagine Nintendo will want to push this game sooner than later because they know we all really want it.
Plus they've got all those Namco guys helping out with it.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I just saw this on didyouknowgaming.com
tumblr_m6wqinZdty1rw70wfo1_500.png
What would you guys think if this was revisited and included in Smash 4? I'm on the fence about how I would feel regarding this.

Unrelated: When I clicked the link to this thread, I got a malware warning page. WTF? :blink:

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Namco... worked with Nintendo in Star Fox Assault (which IMO, is the best in the series and is known for its great multiplayer) so people have mixed feelings about it..
I thought I was the only person in the world who liked this game. Of all the Star Fox games I've played (SNES, 64, Assault, and Command), Assault was my favorite, for sure!

Mine too. I loved assault so much. What if they added DLC characters on this game to give us all the other characters from franchises that aren't showcased at the start? I know they would be clones but it be cool to choose which starfox character, out of all of them, that I want to play as. Endless character choice would be awesome :D

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just saw this on didyouknowgaming.com
tumblr_m6wqinZdty1rw70wfo1_500.png
What would you guys think if this was revisited and included in Smash 4? I'm on the fence about how I would feel regarding this.

Unrelated: When I clicked the link to this thread, I got a malware warning page. WTF? :blink:

I mentioned this in the beginning of the topic. People started ranting about how pikachu would look beat up and little kids would start freaking out and shit.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned this in the beginning of the topic. People started ranting about how pikachu would look beat up and little kids would start freaking out and shit.
Lol. I dont think it would be any worse than the anime, personally. I mean, For Pikachu and Mario and the rest of the "cartoony" characters, they could just show the anime "ashes" styled bruises on them. And they could get creative for damage in other ways too. Like, if Link gets hit critically, he flashes red like in the games.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. I dont think it would be any worse than the anime, personally. I mean, For Pikachu and Mario and the rest of the "cartoony" characters, they could just show the anime "ashes" styled bruises on them. And they could get creative for damage in other ways too. Like, if Link gets hit critically, he flashes red like in the games.
That's exactly what I was thinking, I don't want pikachu bleeding and shit, but some dust and ashes (kinda like how Pit looked after he fought Hades) wouldn't be that bad. It looks weird seeing characters blown up and shot and set on fire and slashed but they come out looking exactly like they did when they spawned.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It looks weird seeing characters blown up and shot and set on fire and slashed but they come out looking exactly like they did when they spawned.
True, but on the other hand [devil's_advocate]Smash Bros. is already pretty surreal to say the least, so it kind of works out that way[/devil's_advocate] ;)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He'll be back soon.

:lol:
That's exactly what I was thinking, I don't want pikachu bleeding and shit, but some dust and ashes (kinda like how Pit looked after he fought Hades) wouldn't be that bad. It looks weird seeing characters blown up and shot and set on fire and slashed but they come out looking exactly like they did when they spawned.
Do you know how many bloody parts would be hitting the screen? Wouldn't be a pretty thing to see. :unsure:
(Specially in 3d)

Did the poll get reset?

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
He'll be back soon.

Do you know how many bloody parts would be hitting the screen? Wouldn't be a pretty thing to see. :unsure:
(Specially in 3d)

Did the poll get reset?

and blood is a gay thing , it doesnt need to be real , just with cool characters and solid multiplayer

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He'll be back soon.

(Specially in 3d)

Did the poll get reset?

and blood is a gay thing , it doesnt need to be real , just with cool characters and solid multiplayer

So you're saying only gay people bleed? I knew it!

Reactions: 2 people

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
He'll be back soon.

(Specially in 3d)

Did the poll get reset?

So you're saying only gay people bleed? I knew it!

lol,no i said that only hardcore/

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He'll be back soon.

(Specially in 3d)

Did the poll get reset?

@xwatchmanx
I told you this would happen!

@KingVamp
You just ignored the fact I say don't want right in front of that didn't you >_>

@Weavile001
...How is blood gay... :/

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't the game be Rated M if characters bled? I thought blood and realism of the violence help to split games from Teen to Mature ratings? Also, I don't care for extra "damage" effects if they hurt the performance of the game. Not once in any of the past three titles did I care if Pikachu looked beaten like the little punk he is, but it would be cool to have these effects AS LONG AS THE GAME'S PERFORMANCE DOESN'T SUCK. :wtf:

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't the game be Rated M if characters bled? I thought blood and realism of the violence help to split games from Teen to Mature ratings? Also, I don't care for extra "damage" effects if they hurt the performance of the game. Not once in any of the past three titles did I care if Pikachu looked beaten like the little punk he is, but it would be cool to have these effects AS LONG AS THE GAME'S PERFORMANCE DOESN'T SUCK. :wtf:
>_> You didnt read the earlier posts did you.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>_> You didnt read the earlier posts did you.
Read earlier posts? Who da fuq does that? :P
Anyway since yuki doesnt feel like doing this thread anymore, are we just gonna rely on each other for news?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: